PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones Crashes Liberty Activist Protest

Liberty Rebellion
01-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Even though he woke me up to a lot of things in the past, this kind of behavior is intolerable and suspicious. He should be working side by side with us instead of trying to yell louder

YouTube - TAG / LOLA Austin protest @ APD HQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_X-CVR5L14)

YouTube - You Gotta Hard On for Me.3GP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWM17wiHhww)

coyote_sprit
01-26-2010, 09:23 AM
YouTube - Alex Jones - Best Rant Ever! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le89JY3Angg)

I used to think AJ was pretty cool, doesn't afraid of anything but then I realized he was batshit insane.

Edit: Also, inb4 "Alex Jones has done more for the liberty movement than anyone else in this thread."

MsDoodahs
01-26-2010, 09:29 AM
AJ is a publicity whore.

LibertyEagle
01-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Wow! AJ was completely out of line there.

Annihilia
01-26-2010, 10:03 AM

Seriously, what the hell..

Thread title is spot on.

PreDeadMan
01-26-2010, 10:17 AM
lol ALEX WOOOO!!!!

brandon
01-26-2010, 10:18 AM
AJ is exactly the same as Olbermann, Rush, or Hannity... Just another self-promoting demagogue catering to a different crowd of non-thinkers.

Elwar
01-26-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm sure the Bilderbergers feel so threatened that the angry folks outside of their meetings are being lead by a guy armed with a blowhorn.

haaaylee
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
can someone call into his radio show today and tell him he is a jackass.

Romulus
01-26-2010, 11:09 AM
That's messed up right there. You do have to wonder if he's bought and paid for.. he's almost like a broken record half the time.

Jeremy
01-26-2010, 11:15 AM
what a dbag

Elwar
01-26-2010, 11:26 AM
You do have to wonder if he's bought and paid for..

Don't worry about looking into the NWO or any of that. Alex Jones is on it and has it taken care of.

ItsTime
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Acting like the drunk buffoon he is.

TheConstitutionLives
01-26-2010, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=ENDG4M3;2511757You do have to wonder if he's bought and paid for...[/QUOTE]

Good frickin' grief. He's not paid for. Damn some folks are paranoid. Could it be that he's just an attention whore? Why does everything have to have a hidden agenda?

dannno
01-26-2010, 12:28 PM
That wasn't very nice..

Romulus
01-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Good frickin' grief. He's not paid for. Damn some folks are paranoid. Could it be that he's just an attention whore? Why does everything have to have a hidden agenda?

lol yeah, that too.

dr. hfn
01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
AJ is a friend so I forgive

akforme
01-26-2010, 01:15 PM
AJ IMO is there to make us look like idiots to the rest of the people.

dannno
01-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I think it's an ego thing...he has a right to have a big ego, but he shouldn't be using it to crush his allies.

I like AJ but if I were catherine I probably would have kicked him in the nuts.

Wineman77
01-26-2010, 01:36 PM

With friends like that, who needs enemies...

jmdrake
01-26-2010, 01:45 PM
I think it's an ego thing...he has a right to have a big ego, but he shouldn't be using it to crush his allies.

I like AJ but if I were catherine I probably would have kicked him in the nuts.

Yeah. I'd chalk it up to ego. Something I've seen the best of us fall to. AJ is used to being the only one there with the bullhorn. Major fail.

Immortal Technique
01-26-2010, 01:59 PM
His heart was in the right place
Just looked like a sloppy protest

Dreamofunity
01-26-2010, 02:04 PM
What an asshole.

Srg1
01-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Alex sounds different today on his radio show,hes all calm today.At the protest he called one of the speakers a peabrain.Its here if u want to see it at the 6:35 mark near the end.

YouTube - Alex Jones Makes A Spectacle Of Himself @ Austin Rally (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7APVUK2wA)

Goldhunter27
01-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Can someone tell me what he was bitching about?

libertygrl
01-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Really disappointed in AJ. He always used to say that this was never about him, how he was just a messenger and it was up to us to go out there and spread the word. All we need is for AJ to allow his ego to get in the way and cause dissention amongst the truth movement.

Those people were fans of his and gave him every opportunity to join in. The guy needs to keep his ego in check. We're all in this together. I don't think anyone got to him - at least I hope not! But anything is possible I guess...

BlackTerrel
01-26-2010, 02:46 PM
The guy has a massive ego and has some lunatic tendencies - nothing new. Just my opinion of course.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2010, 02:51 PM
A gift for all the AJ haters:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/muqtadatostada/alexnoose.jpg?t=1264536628

jmdrake
01-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Alex sounds different today on his radio show,hes all calm today.At the protest he called one of the speakers a peabrain.Its here if u want to see it at the 6:35 mark near the end.

YouTube - Alex Jones Makes A Spectacle Of Himself @ Austin Rally (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7APVUK2wA)

The young guy with the white t-shirt deserves an award. "We're on the same team here". Yep. :(

jmdrake
01-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Really disappointed in AJ. He always used to say that this was never about him, how he was just a messenger and it was up to us to go out there and spread the word. All we need is for AJ to allow his ego to get in the way and cause dissention amongst the truth movement.

Those people were fans of his and gave him every opportunity to join in. The guy needs to keep his ego in check. We're all in this together. I don't think anyone got to him - at least I hope not! But anything is possible I guess...

^This.

bubbleboy
01-26-2010, 02:57 PM
I love listening to squabble from AJ haters. heheheh Waaaaa aaaaa I think your mommies should contact AJ on yalls behalf. hehehehe acting like a bucha whiny babies.

get em ALEX JONES AMERICAN HERO, bulldog that not ONE of you could keep up with a popcorn fart from his understanding of human rights. WOO HOOO:D:D:D:D:D:D

jmdrake
01-26-2010, 02:58 PM
The guy has a massive ego and has some lunatic tendencies - nothing new. Just my opinion of course.

Maybe so. But at least he has the sense to know that 2 planes can't knock down 3 buildings. Scott Ritter's recent failures don't mean there were really WMD stockpiles in Iraq either.

AuH20
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Imagine if Beck pulled a stunt like this? The infowars crowd would be hootering and hollering. :D

I could lower myself to Alex's level and slam him for this act, but he does do some good.

paulitics
01-26-2010, 03:12 PM
AJ has an ego. Wow, earth shattering news. People are awfully judgemental for not being there and hearing both sides. Obviously more was said, before this clip was filmed.
What was said and how it was said is key. The continuous muttering of "your cointelpro dude" probably didnt help smooth things over.

AJ thought he could do it better and took matters into his own hands, although probably selfishly. The other protestors got pissed off, and accusations of agent provocateur abound.

Like the other guy said, this was a sloppy protest.. but I think intentions were good on both sides. AJ is aggressive, and his strength is his weakness. Life goes on.

steph3n
01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
someone needs to arm their kicker and kick AJs ego outta that rally.

Chester Copperpot
01-26-2010, 03:17 PM
i think we might need some more video to get a better idea.. but to me it seems like AJ wanted to make sure the topic being followed was the fact that private gun sales were legal.. especially since the media showed up and was there right next to him..

Perhaps the other speakers gave off the impression of a 'protest' such as could be spun that they were protesting that private gun sales should be legal...

whaddya think?

LibertyEagle
01-26-2010, 03:21 PM
I LIVE in Austin and frankly, I do not see how ANY of you can condone what Alex did at this event. He was invited to speak at this event, both in advance and when he arrived. HE REFUSED. But, proceeded to use his bullhorn to speak over everything the event speakers were saying.

With more friends like this, we do not need any enemies. He owes them and everyone attending that event, a big apology for his behavior.

ctiger2
01-26-2010, 03:28 PM
EPIC FAIL for Alex Jones on this one. Clearly he's got 1 thing in mind.. his success.

paulitics
01-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I LIVE in Austin and frankly, I do not see how ANY of you can condone what Alex did at this event. He was invited to speak at this event, both in advance and when he arrived. HE REFUSED. But, proceeded to use his bullhorn to speak over everything the event speakers were saying.

With more friends like this, we do not need any enemies. He owes them and everyone attending that event, a big apology for his behavior.

Perhaps you are right and he was being a dick for no reason at all. With his abrasive personality, this is certainly possible.

I will certainly look into this, but I want to hear both sides, meaning his version of events before I jump to conclusions that he was solely there to disrupt a protest. Most of all, I want to know why he refused to speak. That seems odd.

I just like to hear both sides first, before I make a final judgement with anything. I am that cynical with everything.

LibertyEagle
01-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Fair enough, paulitics.

Baptist
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow.

I almost bought a copy of Fall of the Republic to support Alex's work. I'm glad that I never got around to it. This is sad, way sad.

I lost a lot of respect for Alex and now I'm questioning his motives.

InterestedParticipant
01-26-2010, 03:52 PM
What Alex is doing is called Co-opting the Vector. It's COINTEL behavior. He must lead the Vector (ie. "movement," in this case) so that he can control the Vector, including discrediting it at some later stage if required. It's exactly what we saw Glenn Beck do.

People should run him out of any event he shows up at.

More info on Vectors is here (http://bit.ly/dCqklv).

jmdrake
01-26-2010, 03:52 PM

I see little condoning in this thread. One incoherent post and a couple of people saying "Let's give the benefit of the doubt here". Just about everyone else has jumped on the "trash AJ" bandwagon. I agree that an apology is in order. I also agree with those that say he has a huge ego. Unfortunately those to may cancel each other out. :( I agree with paulitics that the person saying "your cointel" didn't help matters any. On the other than the youngster with the white t-shirt showed class.

ARealConservative
01-26-2010, 03:55 PM
I love listening to squabble from AJ haters. heheheh Waaaaa aaaaa I think your mommies should contact AJ on yalls behalf. hehehehe acting like a bucha whiny babies.

get em ALEX JONES AMERICAN HERO, bulldog that not ONE of you could keep up with a popcorn fart from his understanding of human rights. WOO HOOO:D:D:D:D:D:D

cultofpersonalitysayswhat

Reason
01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Fuck alex jones

Reason
01-26-2010, 06:58 PM
What Alex is doing is called Co-opting the Vector. It's COINTEL behavior. He must lead the Vector (ie. "movement," in this case) so that he can control the Vector, including discrediting it at some later stage if required. It's exactly what we saw Glenn Beck do.

+1

dannno
01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
On the other than the youngster with the white t-shirt showed class.

Yep, he kept trying to bring the two sides together. You know AJ is his hero.. then AJ called him a pee-brain :(

Liberty Rebellion
01-26-2010, 07:02 PM
The guy with the white shirt is John Bush. You can friend him on FB. Him and Catherine, also in the video (the one AJ says has a hard on for her), are both involved in Operation Defuse which is going around to every fusion center in the country and getting info out about them.

operationdefuse.com

John Bush represents Texans for Accountable Government and Catherine represents the Liberty Restoration Project out of Missouri.

From both of their accounts on FB, Alex was way out of line and would not take their invitation to speak.

Both Catherine and John have done much for the liberty movement and it's a damn shame to see Alex behave in that manner towards them.

Edit - Catherine Bleish is her full name. Both are on Facebook if interested

Anti Federalist
01-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Yep, he kept trying to bring the two sides together. You know AJ is his hero.. then AJ called him a pee-brain :(

As life in the fishbowl comes under even more scrutiny, I guess nobody's allowed to a have a shitty day anymore.

:/

MsDoodahs
01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
As life in the fishbowl comes under even more scrutiny, I guess nobody's allowed to a have a shitty day anymore.

Shitty days are no excuse for rotten behavior.

ARealConservative
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM

sure they are.

It helps if they come forward taking responsibility for the shitty behavior first though. Has that actually happened?

angelatc
01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
the liberty movement's Kanye West?

itshappening
01-26-2010, 07:08 PM

this is very interesting and exactly what he's doing

MsDoodahs
01-26-2010, 07:10 PM

ROFLOL!

OMG!

That is the POST OF THE DAY!

ARealConservative
01-26-2010, 07:10 PM
this is very interesting and exactly what he's doing

I snickered at the "some later stage" part.

dannno
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM

Catherine was my meetup leader for a short while. She's an incredible person. I've never met AJ, I think he's done a LOT of good and has been on top of his research for some time.

I still support AJ, but that was not a good display of teamwork.. I am still baffled at trying to figure out what he was attempting to accomplish there.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Shitty days are no excuse for rotten behavior.

Nonsense.

I'm still red assed and looking to pick a fight over a string of shitty days here recently.

It's not an excuse but it happens.

awake
01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
I would say he did some major damage to his marketability. I Hope he comes around, because he ultimately answers to his fan base if he wants to keep his ego employed. The bad PR from 100+ people multiplied by the U tube effect actually has a brutal effect these days.

BlackTerrel
01-26-2010, 07:24 PM

hahahah.... amazing.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Catherine was my meetup leader for a short while. She's an incredible person. I've never met AJ, I think he's done a LOT of good and has been on top of his research for some time.

I still support AJ, but that was not a good display of teamwork.. I am still baffled at trying to figure out what he was attempting to accomplish there.

So am I.

He mentioned it on the show today, how it turned out bad and so on.

I'm assuming he came as close to apologizing as he can.

I don't know Catherine and have met AJ once (NYC 2004) so I'm not sure I can offer any insight either.

Had a bad day and got handled wrong.

Meh.

awake
01-26-2010, 07:30 PM
... As for the 'heros' and 'leaders' of this movement, make them earn the title. Any one of them at any time can be as dangerous as the current power mongers in Washington. All it ever takes to turn any one is the right offer or threat - the establishment knows how its done, it is essentially what they do.

Mini-Me
01-26-2010, 07:33 PM
So am I.

He mentioned it on the show today, how it turned out bad and so on.

I'm assuming he came as close to apologizing as he can.

I don't know Catherine and have met AJ once (NYC 2004) so I'm not sure I can offer any insight either.

Had a bad day and got handled wrong.

Meh.

I didn't listen to it (since I never listen to AJ anyway), but your line about AJ coming "as close to apologizing as he can" stuck out to me, because it kind of implies he's incapable of a real apology...
I know that's reading more into your description than you probably intended, but it still made me stop and think.

InterestedParticipant
01-26-2010, 07:33 PM
... As for the 'heros' and 'leaders' of this movement, make them earn the title. Any one of them at any time can be as dangerous as the current power mongers in Washington. All it ever takes to turn any one is the right offer or threat - the establishment know how its done.
Idolatry is a sin.

itshappening
01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I snickered at the "some later stage" part.

Read the site though, it's basically describing what AJ does quite well, in that he see's himself as a 'leader' who becomes trusted and then sells out the listeners

Beck has done the same, he leads us up the garden path and then when it comes to close the deal he sells out and endorses the neocon. I think Beck is more blatant and we can see it better but im curious if IP thinks Alex is working to the same agenda

pacelli
01-26-2010, 07:35 PM

I guess he needed a bigger crowd to use as his backdrop for the next film being shot, to make it look like more people are behind him.... because they don't know what they are doing! And they "have a hard on" for him.

Could this guy be any more obvious? There's a word for that kind of behavior, it is called narcissism. Alex is just more important than any other activist at that group.

I sure as hell hope that he doesn't end up pulling a Hal Turner on his fans. Unfortunately I see it going in that direction.

pacelli
01-26-2010, 07:37 PM

Were you there?

NerveShocker
01-26-2010, 07:37 PM
... As for the 'heros' and 'leaders' of this movement, make them earn the title. Any one of them at any time can be as dangerous as the current power mongers in Washington. All it ever takes to turn any one is the right offer or threat.

Yup.. judge them by what they say and most importantly by their actions. If Alex keeps this stuff up I can't imagine him having any important role in the freedom movement or rEVOLution as some call it. It's just one incident though so I'll wait to pass judgement maybe he was just worked up that day or something..

pacelli
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM

I love watching the worship from AJ clones.

awake
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
"The other certainty which the prophet of the Remnant may always have is that the Remnant will find him. He may rely on that with absolute assurance. They will find him without his doing anything about it; in fact, if he tries to do anything about it, he is pretty sure to put them off. He does not need to advertise for them nor resort to any schemes of publicity to get their attention. If he is a preacher or a public speaker, for example, he may be quite indifferent to going on show at receptions, getting his picture printed in the newspapers, or furnishing autobiographical material for publication on the side of "human interest." If a writer, he need not make a point of attending any pink teas, autographing books at wholesale, nor entering into any specious freemasonry with reviewers. All this and much more of the same order lies in the regular and necessary routine laid down for the prophet of the masses; it is, and must be, part of the great general technique of getting the mass man's ear — or as our vigorous and excellent publicist, Mr. H.L. Mencken, puts it, the technique of boob bumping. The prophet of the Remnant is not bound to this technique. He may be quite sure that the Remnant will make their own way to him without any adventitious aids; and not only so, but if they find him employing any such aids, as I said, it is ten to one that they will smell a rat in them and will sheer off." Albert Jay Nock - Isaish's Job

MsDoodahs
01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks for posting that, Awake!

That is one of my FAVORITE pieces to read.

It helps me get my head clear.

And wow that does bring clarity vis a vis AJ.

Endgame
01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
I thought this guy was useful. Guess not.

YouTube - Alex Jones- The Army Follows Me Around (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydbu7yDgtd0)

Voltaire
01-26-2010, 10:03 PM
He seems to be a schizophrenic sociopath.

AuH20
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
YouTube - Alex Jones - Best Rant Ever! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le89JY3Angg)

I used to think AJ was pretty cool, doesn't afraid of anything but then I realized he was batshit insane.

Edit: Also, inb4 "Alex Jones has done more for the liberty movement than anyone else in this thread."

1:48 mark is hilarious when he talks about cops guzzling gallons of fluoride water! :D

Mach
01-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Judge them all, not by what they say, but what they do.

YouTube - The Alex Jones Deception (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5BvF4uIbA)

Note: This was YouTubed by Mike Hanson, a friend of Alex Jones.

YouTube - The Gray Standoff on ABC 20/20 Part 1 of 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtkK9pWWOlQ)

Ricky201
01-26-2010, 11:28 PM

Lol I love it!

Ron Paul Acceptance Speech for President in 2012:

Ron Paul: First of all, I want to thank my supporters who are...

*Alex Jones takes away the mic from Ron Paul*

Alex Jones: I'm sorry Ron, I'm happy for you and I'll let you finish...but Beyonce had one of the greatest music videos of all time!

revolutionisnow
01-27-2010, 12:08 AM
NWS due to parody ads

http://fallofalexjones.com/

http://i48.tinypic.com/2h332xf.jpg

purplechoe
01-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Even though he woke me up to a lot of things in the past, this kind of behavior is intolerable and suspicious. He should be working side by side with us instead of trying to yell louder

YouTube - TAG / LOLA Austin protest @ APD HQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_X-CVR5L14)

YouTube - You Gotta Hard On for Me.3GP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWM17wiHhww)

I agree, especially in that second video you can tell that he gets flustered. He knows he fucked up but still won't admit to it.

I think Alex is being real, he just has an ego which gets in the way most of the time... but I still have to give him credit, his last 2 documentaries "Obama Deception" and "Fall of the Republic" were good.

I'll take Alex over Glenn any day...

AuH20
01-27-2010, 12:45 AM
I agree, especially in that second video you can tell that he gets flustered. He knows he fucked up but still won't admit to it.

I think Alex is being real, he just has an ego which gets in the way most of the time... but I still have to give him credit, his last 2 documentaries "Obama Deception" and "Fall of the Republic" were good.

I'll take Alex over Glenn any day...

You think this is real? He's either bipolar OR starved for attention.

YouTube - Alex Jones Grunt Speak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7dXjoa3_3Y&feature=player_embedded)

I will admit he's very entertaining. That joker bit was some of the funniest stuff I've seen this year.

Baptist
01-27-2010, 01:20 AM
YouTube - John Bush Calls Out Alex Jones @ Austin Rally (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQHMs-yXczI)

YouTube - Alex Jones Exposed By Alex Jones And Catherine Bleich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLJ3JRQv50)

YouTube - Alex Jones Turns Peaceful Gun Rights Demonstration Into CHAOS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdJ4zhiB2s4)

steve005
01-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Alex Jones= traitor, controlled opposition

steve005
01-27-2010, 01:52 AM
You do have to wonder if he's bought and paid for..

bump

Vessol
01-27-2010, 02:03 AM
I like this comment

whyteboy64 (1 hour ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
I think some of you folks have been drinking way too much fluoride: "Let's be peaceful and quiet. It has worked so well in the past. That's why all our rights are being taken away. Now just relax and keep your voices down, everyone!" BULL$HIT! As for happycamper, what a hypocrite! I support your right to your opinion, but you criticize Alex for being loud and obnoxious, then you threaten to assault him? And why in the hell does he need your permission to defend OUR Constitutional Rights?
"

LibertyEagle
01-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Take it to another thread, Vessol. I've created one for you, here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228428

Vessol
01-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Take it to another thread, Vessol. I've created one for you, here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228428

Well it was related to the topic at hand. I was just saying that everyone screw up and we should hold them accountable. Even Ron and Rand Paul and Peter Schiff.

However sitting under a rock and yelling that they are "cointelpro" is pretty nonconstructive.

Plus the thread was moved to a forum that pretty much no one posts on, the trash heap if you will of the place :(.

However I respect your authority as a moderator on these forums to prevent derailing and such and understand your reasoning.

LibertyEagle
01-27-2010, 02:40 AM
You are free to start your own thread, Vessol. But, you are not free to derail THIS thread.

pahs1994
01-27-2010, 03:01 AM
alex jones= traitor, controlled opposition

qft

Romulus
01-27-2010, 08:27 AM

You know what.. you're right. All these accusations of him being 'co-intel pro' paranoid childish BS. You have 2 groups protesting with one agenda. One guy (AJ) just happens to have an ego and demands attention, you have the other group crying foul (which they had a right to) but their continued whining and accusing him of 'you're co-intel dude' shows their level at which they operate. AJ has an ego and does things his way and its obvious he can't share the stage, but the same could be said with that Catherine girl and the other guys. There are NO rules at a freakin protest for Gods sake!

ctiger2
01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Alex Jones= traitor, controlled opposition

I've come to the same conclusion. Something about the whole GCN, Alex Jones, (i've only got a little Gold left at these prices) Ted Anderson, Midas Resources smells really funny to me. He's the greatest fear monger of all time.

constituent
01-27-2010, 08:58 AM
You know what.. you're right. All these accusations of him being 'co-intel pro' paranoid childish BS. You have 2 groups protesting with one agenda. One guy (AJ) just happens to have an ego and demands attention, you have the other group crying foul (which they had a right to) but their continued whining and accusing him of 'you're co-intel dude' shows their level at which they operate. AJ has an ego and does things his way and its obvious he can't share the stage, but the same could be said with that Catherine girl and the other guys. There are NO rules at a freakin protest for Gods sake!

You're right, and there are always two sides to every story.

I applaud everyone's efforts here, but this looks to be a liberty restoration project commercial in the same vein as the facebook post that got everyone all wound-up a week ago...

Less COINTEL, more RETARD (all the way around, imo).

This thing went down like a fox news panel discussion, and for that I blame both parties regardless of guilt or innocence on one's part or another. Everyone looks bad.

I've come to the same conclusion. Something about the whole GCN, Alex Jones, (i've only got a little Gold left at these prices) Ted Anderson, Midas Resources smells really funny to me. He's the greatest fear monger of all time.

Yea, I think they call that the smell of money. Alex ain't the only guy that stinks... it's whatever.

UtahApocalypse
01-27-2010, 09:27 AM
I notice that there is no discussion of this on AJ forums. Either none of his fans were there because they would have to step away from the computer or its been scrubbed.

I use to appreciate many of the things that AJ brought to the surface. Not any longer. As someone else had wrote; "with friends like this we don't need enemies"

bubbleboy
01-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Demonstrating OUTSIDE is a shouting match.

Peaceful rallies should be conducted INDOORS so as to control the elements of interruption.

Alex Jones has done this a long time and knows what he is doing with the media.

GET'EM JONES!!

bubbleboy
01-27-2010, 09:31 AM
AJ fans don't have thin skin. :rolleyes:

oops. better watch how close I post replies or I might get accused of spamming again and threatened by you know who^^

jmdrake
01-27-2010, 10:03 AM

Don't stoop to guilt by association. Catherine never said "cointel". That was a random person in the crowd. She actually kept praising AJ all the while trying to get him to see how he had been unproductive. The young man in the white t-shirt (I forget his name) also was trying to be constructive. He invited Alex up to the stage several times. It's clear they would have preempted other speakers if Alex had simply chosen to work with them.

That said it's clear that some people want to jump on this and use it to grind an axe they've had against AJ for some time now for unrelated reasons. I wish Alex would take the logical step and work with Catherine and others behind the scenes and come out with a united front. That would be the best outcome.

Romulus
01-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Never did. It was obvious AJ didn't want to (for whatever reason) want to join their party. She made her point and kept beating the drum. I wasn't blaming her so much as the camera guy throwing in his 'co-intel, dude' jabs, an others at the rally. How is anyone supposed to work with that level of ignorance? Yes a united front would be ideal, but of course its a wet dream as groups like that wont agree on tactics. It's time to stop the childish crying.. AJ upstaged their event because of who he is. The liberty movement is fluid and ever changing. People need to adapt to it instead of getting sucked in the undertow of it.

Like I said, there are NO rules at a protest, it is what it is. And for those saying that AJ is an attention whore, yes thats true but the same can be said about folks running the other rally, as they got upset when the attention was shifted from them. Everyone needs to deal with it and keep their goals focused instead of allowing a pissing match to ensue. If AJ really is 'co-intel pro' then he won. Others that were perturbed by his presence need to rise above it rather than fall victim to it.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Personally I would've loved to have seen someone call the police and have Alex Jones dragged away. You can't disrupt someone else's protest with your own megaphone. That's like the Westboro Baptist Church coming to the March for Life in D.C. and using a megaphone to disrupt the speakers with their own agenda.

Of course, that might give AJ another thing to be paranoid about.

newbitech
01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I will have more later. I understand AJ's point.

Was this a meeting about gun control or a protest?

Are we asking for our rights? OR are we demanding our rights?

I agree, what he said to Catherine was bullshit and he owes her an apology for speaking to her like that. And the guy video taping AJ should probably tone down the COINTELPRO/diversion rhetoric.

AJ has given us examples on how to go about protesting and standing up for our rights. I believe it is important to speak directly to power like AJ does at a protest venue. I think that is the point AJ was making, and not surprised he chose to make his point in typical abrasive way. BUT he acted like he didn't even know who Catherine is. That was completely disappointing. While at the same time, the people shouting out AJ acted like they didn't know who he was. Equally disappointing.

He probably turned down the offer of a speaking slot because what was going on here is not his model of protest. At the same time, if he turned them down, he probably shouldn't have shown up and tried to SHOW them up.

This doesn't really change how I see AJ, in fact it only reinforces that. I really can't see this as a negative on his from a protest perspective, but he is definitely NOT building bridges within the liberty movement with his public display of anti-social behavior.

If I were Catherine and crew, I'd use this as an opportunity to learn and strengthen the message delivery, take this as positive criticism from AJ, and move on.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 10:46 AM
If I were Catherine and crew, I'd use this as an opportunity to learn and strengthen the message delivery, take this as positive criticism from AJ, and move on.

Who died and made Alex Jokes the arbiter of correct protesting techniques?

No, I would have to say that his delivery was garbage - a textbook example of how not to protest. All the media could see was some crackpot interrupting someone else's protest with their louder megaphone. He wasn't apart of the group - he commandeered the group and pretended as though they came there to listen to him.

If Alex Jokes showed up to my protest, I'd have him evicted immediately.

constituent
01-27-2010, 10:51 AM
No, I would have to say that his delivery was garbage - a textbook example of how not to protest. All the media could see was some crackpot interrupting someone else's protest with their louder megaphone. He wasn't apart of the group - he commandeered the group and pretended as though they came there to listen to him.

That's what it looks like to me too, but I don't know the whole story. All that's been presented as evidence of the situation is one (what appears to be) sponsored video.

What's the context here, exactly? Can anyone who was there inform this debate a little bit, please?

constituent
01-27-2010, 10:52 AM

That's not a protest, that's a rally squad...

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 10:57 AM
That's not a protest, that's a rally squad...

Would you want the National Socialist Movement to come to your protest with swastikas emblazoned? Of course not. It makes the protest look like something it is not.

Same goes for Alex Jones.

revolutionary8
01-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Personally I would've loved to have seen someone call the police and have Alex Jones dragged away. You can't disrupt someone else's protest with your own megaphone.

A new member w/ only 20 posts, calling for the repeal of the 1st amendment due to what he deems "offensive" on RPH.
Ballsy. ;)

"Your" protest wouldn't be a protest at all Voltaire, your "protest" would be a RALLY for the police state.

Maybe others will understand the difference between a protest and a rally if I use this example.

UtahApocalypse
01-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Well AJ's tactic worked. The media was all there, they had intended to run the story on the news..... it ended up not running because the event was ruined and all there was was yelling. Great Job Aj!!! way to make sure that more people learn of and join the cause!!

Divided we Fall.

Fuck AJ and anyone that supports him after this.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 11:03 AM
A new member w/ only 20 posts, calling for the repeal of the 1st amendment due to what he deems "offensive" on RPH.
Ballsy.

Your protest wouldn't be a protest at all Voltair, your "protest" would be a RALLY for the police state.

Maybe others will understand the difference between a protest and a rally if I use this example.

False, protests are not free-for-alls. That's what happened in the video.

Get 100 people, each with a megaphone in their hands, and see how well your protest goes when they're all yelling at the same time. Not everyone can be the leader.

I've seen enough protest failures to know that when anyone gets the right to mouth off in a megaphone, the whole event looks idiotic.

The 1st Amendment doesn't give you the right to commandeer another person's venue and mouth off about your own paranoid schizophrenic view of the world.

revolutionary8
01-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Well AJ's tactic worked. The media was all there, they had intended to run the story on the news..... it ended up not running because the event was ruined and all there was was yelling. Great Job Aj!!! way to make sure that more people learn of and join the cause!!

Divided we Fall.

Fuck AJ and anyone that supports him after this.

Oh please:rolleyes::rolleyes: The Conspiracy Theorists are at it again, blaming the lack of local media coverage on Alex Jones. LMAO! Let me guess, you have never read an Austin newspaper, never seen a local news cast.... :cool: Yeah, the local media wants to bring all the attention in the world to the fact that TEXANS are losing their 2nd amendment rights....
What a joke, this is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh please:rolleyes::rolleyes: The Conspiracy Theorists are at it again

At least you were right about one thing.

Romulus
01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
The 1st Amendment doesn't give you the right to commandeer another person's venue and mouth off about your own paranoid schizophrenic view of the world.

I suggest revisiting just what the 1st is.

revolutionary8
01-27-2010, 11:09 AM
At least you were right about one thing.

Who the hell are YOU Voltaire, and who are YOU to call me a Conspiracy Theorist, while simultaneously calling for the REPEAL OF THE 1ST AMENDMENT. You do understand that they were on PUBLIC PROPERTY, do you not?

No one here besides your "noob" self has called for a rise of the police state in this thread.

TROLL MUCH???

revolutionary8
01-27-2010, 11:12 AM

Ya think?

TROLL ALERT

LibertyEagle
01-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Please keep it civil, guys. And as much as possible, please take personal squabbles to private messages.

ctiger2
01-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I notice that there is no discussion of this on AJ forums. Either none of his fans were there because they would have to step away from the computer or its been scrubbed.

I use to appreciate many of the things that AJ brought to the surface. Not any longer. As someone else had wrote; "with friends like this we don't need enemies"

I wish they would post this video on the front page of The Daily Paul. Alex always has that site up. Alex needs to be exposed as the asswipe he really is.

revolutionary8
01-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I wish they would post this video on the front page of The Daily Paul. Alex always has that site up. Alex needs to be exposed as the asswipe he really is.

Makes perfect sense, Infowars and Prison Planet always have the Daily Paul up, so, after they turn on him, he will take it down... Expose AJ as an "asswipe", and never let RP or Debra Medina, or, etc etc back on his show! Hell, we should just start eating our own!

Good thinkin'... :rolleyes:

edit, I swear, all logic and principle flys right out the window when you get people around here started on AJ. I was hoping that the first 10 pages of Alex bashing was going to be enough, but obviously it isn't.

I'm settlin' in for the good fight and the end game. I'll keep defending FREE SPEECH and the FREEDOM TO BE AN ASSWIPE.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Settled law tells us that the 1st Amendment does not allow a person to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater, for example. So, the 1st Amendment does not give us free reign to say whatever we want, wherever we want, however loud we want.

Nor does it allow the mentally ill to commandeer civil protests to which they were not invited.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. If you've got 50 different messages being stated at a protest, the protest is finished before it begins. No one listens. I've been to enough protests to know - the message must be regulated and the speakers must be predetermined.

Imagine Thomas Jefferson getting up to speak to a crowd, and instead the town kook starts screaming about irrelevant topics and demagoguery. Clearly, that would not be tolerated - no one came to listen to the kook.

Who the hell are YOU Voltaire, and who are YOU to call me a Conspiracy Theorist,

You called someone else a conspiracy theorist:

Oh please:rolleyes::rolleyes: The Conspiracy Theorists are at it again, blaming the lack of local media coverage on Alex Jones.

while simultaneously calling for the REPEAL OF THE 1ST AMENDMENT. You do understand that they were on PUBLIC PROPERTY, do you not?

Where did I say to repeal the 1st amendment? What is wrong with you?

I'm telling you that if I organize a protest, the National Socialism Movement can't come and change the message.

No one here besides your "noob" self has called for a rise of the police state in this thread.

Ad hominem fallacy much?

You see, you cannot simply look at a person's Join Date/Post Count and attack them for whatever number shows up there.

You need to actually return an argument.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I'll keep defending FREE SPEECH and the FREEDOM TO BE AN ASSWIPE.

Ah yes, the American dream: Jerry Springer and demagoguery. The Founders would be proud.

constituent
01-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Settled law tells us that the 1st Amendment does not allow a person to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater, for example. So, the 1st Amendment does not give us free reign to say whatever we want, wherever we want, however loud we want.

Nor does it allow the mentally ill to commandeer civil protests to which they were not invited.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. If you've got 50 different messages being stated at a protest, the protest is finished before it begins. No one listens. I've been to enough protests to know - the message must be regulated and the speakers must be predetermined.

Imagine Thomas Jefferson getting up to speak to a crowd, and instead the town kook starts screaming about irrelevant topics and demagoguery. Clearly, that would not be tolerated - no one came to listen to the kook.

You called someone else a conspiracy theorist:

Where did I say to repeal the 1st amendment? What is wrong with you?

I'm telling you that if I organize a protest, the National Socialism Movement can't come and change the message.

Ad hominem fallacy much?

You see, you cannot simply look at a person's Join Date/Post Count and attack them for whatever number shows up there.

You need to actually return an argument.

Fair enough.

So let's stick with what we know. Apparently, Alex Jones was invited to speak at some point. It has been asserted that perhaps he either turned down the offer, or maybe didn't respond. We do not know who has made this assertion.

So, I'm interested in knowing what information you have, beyond these few skeleton facts, that allows you to say with absolute certainty that Alex Jones was purposefully in the wrong here.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Ah yes, the American dream: Jerry Springer and demagoguery. The Founders would be proud.

The founders, at least some of them, were doing exactly the same thing, and much worse, in Boston in the years leading up to 1775.

The reaction from the rest of the colonies was about the same as what I'm seeing here.

The time for pleasant, polite talk is long over.

I'm with AJ.

Kiss my ass.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 11:46 AM
So, I'm interested in knowing what information you have, beyond these few skeleton facts, that allows you to say with absolute certainty that Alex Jones was purposefully in the wrong here.

The video.

Even if he was invited and accepted the invitation, it is poor form to come in and shout over the dude who was speaking.

And that is the best case scenario where we assume he was invited and accepted...

revolutionary8
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Ah yes, the "New American" dream- a one world police "protecting" the unicorns, gumdrops and rainbows.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Kiss my ass.

The only people here who are engaging in ad hominem are the AJ supporters, I've noticed.

What are we? Animals? Is there no decency anymore?

LibertyEagle
01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Those flinging around insults, please practice the same self-government that you advocate that everyone else follow.

I really don't want to have to start handing out infractions.

newbitech
01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Who died and made Alex Jokes the arbiter of correct protesting techniques?

Source?

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

Reason is the mental faculty that is able to generate conclusions from assumptions or premises.

constituent
01-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Those flinging around insults, please practice the same self-government that you advocate that everyone else follow.

Which advocate of self-government has been flinging around insults?

This looks like an attempt to slander a political philosophy by associating it with the irrational behaviors of some random individuals...

Anti Federalist
01-27-2010, 01:02 PM
The only people here who are engaging in ad hominem are the AJ supporters, I've noticed.

I'll be the first to admit I'm an uncouth, rabble rouser.

I would have been one of those dirty, grungy seafarers that made up the mobs that were Sam Adams's Sons of Liberty.

That being said, that "kiss my ass" wasn't directed at you, personally.

It was more of general exhortation for the world at large to "kiss my ass, this is where I stand".

constituent
01-27-2010, 01:04 PM
The video.

I said, "beyond these skeleton facts," namely those apparent from the little video clip.

How do we know this wasn't a poorly timed/choreographed stunt?

The way he was approaching in his suit and all that, I could almost hear the intro music to his next film...

Was this a blooper that a few people jumped on, or was Alex Jones being a dick? The video doesn't really present enough evidence to determine.

Romulus
01-27-2010, 01:09 PM

Weak, facile analogy. AJ never yelled fire or put anyone in any danger based on his words or actions.

It's completely laughable that you're calling for regulation of a protest. LOL. Bottom line, poor tactics were used and egos were hurt. Just because YOU don't like it, does not make it illegal. The fact that you think it does shatters any sort of credibility and only shows your aim to grind an ax or stir the pot.

You sound like that lady holding the microphone with the headphones, who kept jabbing and telling the polite speaker in the white shirt what to say.

dannno
01-27-2010, 01:11 PM

Nobody here wants to get the police state involved except for you. AJ wasn't doing anything illegal, just selfish.

coyote_sprit
01-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Nobody here wants to get the police state involved except for you. AJ wasn't doing anything illegal, just selfish.

That being said, Catherine Bleiche is a ...

newbitech
01-27-2010, 01:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

Irrelevant. Where is this textbook example you speak of? Surely there must be one that you are referring to.

I'd like to see what you think correct protesting techniques are. After all, that is the real issue here, is it not?

Here are what my sources tell me... I will trade you source for source.

To get the powerful to take notice to any sort of mass movement, that movement needs to present a show of potential political force that is actually a threat to the power of those that are in charge, a threat that, if not addressed, has the capacity to turn a potential force into an actual force that can seriously damage the interests of those powerful elites, whether through violence or other forms of collective social action. The protesters have to appear as a political force that has the capacity to disrupt the social order: to stop very large numbers of people from working, or from paying their taxes, or from obeying the law.

Most of the protests we saw during the Iraq War conveyed just the opposite message. They gathered together scattered, motley gangs of the marginal. Everything about what the protesters did reeked of the message, “We are marginal and are very likely to stay that way. We even like being marginal.”. Why would anybody fear them or feel that attention must be paid to them? Most of these protests are self-indulgent celebrations of alienation, not serious attempts to display the potential to seize power.

newbitech
01-27-2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.loneheart.org/images/beach99/censored.jpg

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/friends0.png

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 01:22 PM

Oh brother.

I just attended the March for Life in D.C. last week. There were police everywhere...ensuring that we could march through D.C. and not be attacked by nutjobs.

Police maintain order. That is why we pay them. Police ensure that Ron Paul does not get stomped by bigger, stronger men than himself.

I think it is ridiculous to insinuate that I support big government because I support allowing police to drag away sociopaths from the events they disrupt.

newbitech
01-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh brother.

I just attended the March for Life in D.C. last week. There were police everywhere...ensuring that we could march through D.C. and not be attacked by nutjobs.

Police maintain order. That is why we pay them. Police ensure that Ron Paul does not get stomped by bigger, stronger men than himself.

I think it is ridiculous to insinuate that I support big government because I support allowing police to drag away sociopaths from the events they disrupt.

I would think Ron Paul supporters can handle that one.

You are way off on just about everything you are saying. You are asking for the police to take away someone's right with no cause.

Care to show cause? Also care to share this textbook about protesting that you are referring to?

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I said, "beyond these skeleton facts," namely those apparent from the little video clip.

How do we know this wasn't a poorly timed/choreographed stunt?

The way he was approaching in his suit and all that, I could almost hear the intro music to his next film...

Was this a blooper that a few people jumped on, or was Alex Jones being a dick? The video doesn't really present enough evidence to determine.

Occam's Razor. Barring knowledge of facts opposing what is plainly obvious in the video, we must assume the simplest answer and not insert hearsay.

Irrelevant. Where is this textbook example you speak of? Surely there must be one that you are referring to.

I'd like to see what you think correct protesting techniques are. After all, that is the real issue here, is it not?

Here are what my sources tell me... I will trade you source for source.

Okay, if that's your source, then Alex Jokes didn't accomplish that at all. He made a show of stupidity, not force. If I were in the media, I would have been laughing at him.

Alex Jokes was not capable of keeping anyone from working, paying their taxes, or obeying the law.

So, he failed by your own definition.

If he fails by your source, then he most certainly fails by mine. :D

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Police ensure that Ron Paul does not get stomped by bigger, stronger men than himself.

I would think Ron Paul supporters can handle that one.

Haha! Are you serious?

I didn't know that RP could afford his own personal security force on the salary he gets from the government.

You are way off on just about everything you are saying. You are asking for the police to take away someone's right with no cause.

Cause: disturbing the peace.

coyote_sprit
01-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh brother.

Police are good for nothing other then tazing grannies and shooting people on their own property. The world would function about the same without them.

Only difference would by they wouldn't be there to drag away people you deem sociopaths.

coyote_sprit
01-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Haha! Are you serious?

I didn't know that RP could afford his own personal security force on the salary he gets from the government.

Most people on this site would defend Ron Paul if they saw someone beating on him.

I'm so sure a rally for anything is going to be peaceful, it's by nature loud and rowdy.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Police are good for nothing other then tazing grannies and shooting people on their own property.

How cerebral.

newbitech
01-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Occam's Razor. Barring knowledge of facts opposing what is plainly obvious in the video, we must assume the simplest answer and not insert hearsay.

Okay, if that's your source, then Alex Jokes didn't accomplish that at all. He made a show of stupidity, not force. If I were in the media, I would have been laughing at him.

Alex Jokes was not capable of keeping anyone from working, paying their taxes, or obeying the law.

So, he failed by your own definition.

If he fails by your source, then he most certainly fails by mine. :D

So you admit you don't have a textbook example and that you are using occams razor to pull facts out of your ass.

Alex Jones has been a force in the media for quite some time. My point is that so what if Alex Jones fucked up and made an ass out of himself? He has proven time and time again that he is willing to fall on his sword to promote freedom and liberty.

It doesn't change the fact that he was the best dressed most recognizable person at the event.

From what I can gather, the facts on the ground in Austin are the media there have completely ignored the problem with abridgment of 2nd amendment restrictions on government.

AJ's goal was and always will be to expose the truth. AJ builds his credibility on two fronts. Attacking mainstream media and attacking the individuals responsible for anti-freedom activities.

Again, AJ's techniques have proven successful in exposing the truth. AJ was apparently invited to this event. Well guess what? You invite AJ, you get AJ.
If you are organizing a protest around someone with enough political force to sufficient to threaten the establishment, then you ought to work with that person. This didn't happen. What was the goal of the protest? What were they protesting? Why should anyone take them seriously? I have tons of other sources.

You addressed NOTHING of what I highlighted in red. Please admit that your textbook on correct protesting does exist and also admit that Alex Jones has demonstrated time and again successful examples of effective protest. Thanks.

Oh and please drop the rant about dragging people away in handcuffs for speaking. That is a completely bankrupt opinion. There is no way you can support victimless criminal sanctions ENFORCED by the same people you are targeting in your protest (at a freedom protest or rally no less) and expect to be taken seriously.

Voltaire
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Alex Jones has been a force in the media for quite some time.

He is an irrelevant nobody. Most Americans have no idea who he is and if they did, they would be repulsed at the absurd things he believes.

Ron Paul is a far more credible force in the media than Alex Jokes.

ctiger2
01-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Makes perfect sense, Infowars and Prison Planet always have the Daily Paul up, so, after they turn on him, he will take it down... Expose AJ as an "asswipe", and never let RP or Debra Medina, or, etc etc back on his show! Hell, we should just start eating our own!

Good thinkin'... :rolleyes:

Simply posting the video on the front page of Daily Paul could hardly be described as turning on him. Just post the video there for people to watch and make up their own minds. Alex Jones needs The Daily Paul, Debra Medina, Ron Paul etc WAY WAY WAY more than they need him. They only help to give him some credibility. If he doesn't already, he'd PAY to have them on his show. Just imagine if Ron Paul refused to go on his show any longer? That would just kill Alex and he knows it.

Did I tell you I have some low low priced Gold left but only just a bit at these low low levels? I'm passing on the savings to you. LOL!

newbitech
01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Haha! Are you serious?

Ok, wow just realized you have 48 posts. Many in this thread.

I think the quote you commented on here went over your head a little. Welcome to the forum, read more post less.

Disturbing the Peace you say? What peace was there to be disturbed and how was anything that AJ was doing any different than what the organizers of the protest were doing? What he was loud and using a megaphone? So was the guy in white.

If the cause is disturbing the peace, then what makes the non-AJ protestors immune to being dragged away in handcuffs right along with AJ? Unless you want to see liberty lovers get dragged away in handcuffs for speaking out through a megaphone, then I would also suggest NOT advocating this line of reasoning any further. You show your liberty "noobishness" when you do. :D I just like that word. But, I'm a little suspicious of your motivation for ranting on.. so I'm calling you out on your lack of understanding and giving you the benefit of the doubt. We were all liberty noobs once, I used to wish that the cops would pull over anyone that had a car with a trash bag in the window heh..

newbitech
01-27-2010, 02:04 PM
He is an irrelevant nobody. Most Americans have no idea who he is and if they did, they would be repulsed at the absurd things he believes.

Right... "most American's"

... he wants his snow ball back.

dannno
01-27-2010, 02:07 PM
That being said....

:rolleyes:

Have u even met her before?

freedoms-light
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
A lot of times people wanted Ron Paul to be more vocally forceful, but he more than made up for it with a humble attitude, quiet spirit and a mind that traveled miles above his opponents in their feeble attempt at intellectual discourse.

newbitech
01-27-2010, 03:13 PM
the other side of the story.

YouTube - Austin Police & BATF Shut Down LEGAL Gun Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhE1ggxifOE)

coyote_sprit
01-27-2010, 04:04 PM
:rolleyes:

Have u even met her before?

Nope, but that's irrelevant, I've never met Hillary Clinton before and I consider her to be the same.

Srg1
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
This post from ats says it all

reply posted on 27-1-2010 @ 04:13 PM by Flakey

One thing that struck me as particularly revealing was a line from the last video. Alex Jones told the people questioning him that "I have been here for 20 years and I'll be here for 20 more". Now I ask, is that a thing worth boasting about? If it is his desire to "wake up the people" then shouldn't this be a goal he would like to achieve in less then 20 years?

newbitech
01-27-2010, 05:56 PM
This post from ats says it all

reply posted on 27-1-2010 @ 04:13 PM by Flakey

One thing that struck me as particularly revealing was a line from the last video. Alex Jones told the people questioning him that "I have been here for 20 years and I'll be here for 20 more". Now I ask, is that a thing worth boasting about? If it is his desire to "wake up the people" then shouldn't this be a goal he would like to achieve in less then 20 years?

Not if the people he is waking up accuse him of being COINTELPRO. In that case, he is just being realistic.

I don't look at off the cuff remarks in heated situations for tells. Its when people are cool and collected and think no one is paying attention that they tip their hands. IMO of course.

anaconda
01-27-2010, 06:01 PM
What was he thinking? It even looked like a couple of the people who had assembled were down there trying to talk to Alex and persuade him to cool it but he just turned around and continued bellowing into his megaphone. Very sad. I just lost a big chunk of respect for Jones. He could have waited until after the speakers were finished or done his rant before the first scheduled speaker.

anaconda
01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow it looks like Alex got owned in the second video in the OP where the protesters confront him on being a jerk. He looked very flustered and distraught. And PWNED! I think I will email him with a nice little rebuke

anaconda
01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Just emailed Jones asking him to address this issue and/or apologize.

LBennett76
01-27-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm wondering if he thought these were just a bunch of teabaggers (you know the ones who co-opted the movement) ???
Or knowing that they're all fairly new to this, trying to show them how it's done... And then when they get on his case, following him around, and badgering him... Man, I was getting annoyed by her too. There's a protest/rally going on! Call me on being a dickhead, asswipe, whatever later. And the fact that someone specifically filmed all this exchange is a big tell... And THEN making sure to announce over the bullhorn about his behavior... Uncool.
I dunno.
This same chic went after Ron Paul like a week ago too for some endorsement he made. I love the work she's doing, but I'm not sure who the devisive one really is at the end of it all. Probably just a clash of egos.

maspero
01-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Voltaire are you aware the Ron Paul has said repeatedly that he attributes most of his success in the public arena, particularly with reference to his Presidential bid to Alex Jones? If you are not, and message me back I would be happy to reference that information for you.

newbitech
01-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Voltaire are you aware the Ron Paul has said repeatedly that he attributes most of his success in the public arena, particularly with reference to his Presidential bid to Alex Jones? If you are not, and message me back I would be happy to reference that information for you.

welcome to the forum.. please post your source for posterity. Thanks! Again welcome, have you been lurking this whole time or are you waking up?

maspero
01-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Newbitech,

I have been studying the NWO for well over 25 years. I have been actively listening to Mr. Jones for over 8 years. I may or may not post the source, and it will take me some time to find it, as I have only heard it several times come out of Dr. Paul's mouth while being interviewed by Jones.

I must say I watch with utter amazement some of the petty infighting and bickering going on here, particularly with reference to Alex Jones. He gets attacked the the right, neo cons and their ilk, the left, Pelosi, Psychology today, The ADL, the SPLC, and on and on and on.

Here is a guy who has stood up to the very essence of big brother, and told us how it is. Arrogant, full of himself, loud, and a pit bull, with I might add balls. Yet I see continually those that proclaim to know something about what is going on politically with reference to the NWO biting, nibbling, at his heels constantly. OH no he makes too much dough. BFD,I hope he makes more!! He is cointelpro, he loves jews, his wife is jewish, etc etc, ad naseum.

As I recall, Jones was the one that broke the gun show story in Austin, as well as had the owner of the show on his site. The way it looks to me, is that Jones showed up and saw the media and began bullhorning. Is he loud, brash, and sometimes a bully? Yep so what? He is also the leader of the 9/11 truth movement, the anti global warmer mongering movement.

If you don't like him start your own site! Back biting, nipping at the heels of someone who had the balls to tell us how it is, only shows pettiness, jealousy and ignorance.

pfarley
01-28-2010, 12:14 AM

There was NOT just one agenda at the event Monday.

The legitimate rally was organized to call attention to a 2nd amendment infringement issue. Organizers were extremely deliberate in aiming to focus the message on points relevant to firearm rights and the issue at hand. The organizing groups have worked very hard to establish good media relationships and they had blasted out to numerous media outlets some precise talking points in a well-crafted press release. The media vans were positioned across the street from the police station by 3:30 when I arrived - multiple media trucks had their booms up ready to run live broadcasts on the 5pm news.

Now let me tell you what I observed about Alex.

Alex swaggered up to the protest area with an entourage of 8 or 9 people (mostly his videographers) at just a couple of minutes past 5 o'clock. The first thing I noticed was that it looked like he was wearing makeup... so I thought 'Oh, I guess Alex is here to get some footage for an upcoming NWO film'. But then it became apparent to me he was there to do more than that...

He looked directly at the *legitimate* rally organizer already speaking on the police department steps. He positioned himself directly in front of the ongoing rally (between the rally and the media trucks) and began bullhorning *extremely* loudly about how the "Media are LIARS!! Mainstream media is nothing but BS!!" Yadda yadda. Now, you'd think Alex - with all his years of experience - would realize the effect this would have. It, of course, resulted in cancellation of all the LIVE broadcasts. They couldn't air live. Period. If he had actually been yelling about gun control issues, maybe they could have.

Alex could have chosen to jump right into the 2nd amendment issues, if his agenda was to bring attention to the problem of gun control. But he didn't. That stuff became mixed in here and there later.

For two hours, Alex stayed on a maniacal trajectory insulting numerous people at the event - including his fans, including Catherine Bleish, and including the director of the Texas Libertarian Party. He was a grotesque caricature of himself, IMO.

Mostly I was heartbroken that he would trash the hard work of the organizers by neutralizing the press coverage they had at-the-ready.

And then there's the fact that Alex over-spoke an excellent lineup of planned speakers. In the lineup were two local attorneys who have been examining the specifics of the gun show shutdown case that prompted the rally, Catherine Bleish (Liberty Restoration Project), Robert Butler (Director of the LP Texas), and Darwin Boedecker (the owner of the gun store that was shut down).

Organizers tried to work with Jones, first by offering him his choice of speaking positions in the lineup -- then, when Alex declined their speaking invitation, by moving their rally (again, already in progress) about 20 feet away to another corner of the pavilion in front of the PD building. Guess what Jones did. Yep, went up the steps so he could bullhorn within 20 feet of them again.

The whole scene involving AJ was reprehensible.

FrankRep
01-28-2010, 12:17 AM

pfarley
01-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Personally I would've loved to have seen someone call the police and have Alex Jones dragged away. You can't disrupt someone else's protest with your own megaphone. That's like the Westboro Baptist Church coming to the March for Life in D.C. and using a megaphone to disrupt the speakers with their own agenda.

Of course, that might give AJ another thing to be paranoid about.

I was sooooo close to doing just that. We were right outside the PD building, after all. I was ready to go inside and asking for an officer to come out and ask Jones for his 'sound amplification permit' (knowing full well he doesn't ever pull them).

The planned/organized event there was permitted for sound amplification. I know freedomfighters like to make fun of those who pull permits for things like that. Well, generally, the activist groups in Austin don't believe in permits either. In this case, a permit was pulled by organizers in order to eliminate the risk of news media diluting the message by having an opportunity to focus on the event not being properly permitted.

Anyway, in deference to event organizers, I didn't.

In hindsight, though, I really think AJ deserved to be shut down. What he was doing there was even more deliberate and more serious than what many people seem to be picking up on from the videos.

Voltaire
01-28-2010, 12:24 AM

Why do you need me to message you? Don't you have a link to a youtube video or a quote from a reputable source?

pfarley
01-28-2010, 12:32 AM
That's what it looks like to me too, but I don't know the whole story. All that's been presented as evidence of the situation is one (what appears to be) sponsored video.

What's the context here, exactly? Can anyone who was there inform this debate a little bit, please?

Kudos for asking for the context/clarification! I've seen so many people offering up armchair analysis, without understanding all the details. So, props!

I've given some description a couple of posts back. But if you have any further specific questions, feel free to ask.

Here, I'll try to give a point-by-point assessment of the good/bad fallout from Jones' involvement with the event:

The good:

1) AJ drew some portion of the crowd to the rally (it's really debatable what kind of numbers he actually attracted). I happened to be milling through the crowd and would ask people how they heard about the event. Out of roughly 30 people I asked, 2 said they heard the announcement on Alex Jones show.
2) Alex may have gotten a bit of footage for an upcoming documentary (I have no problem with him piggybacking on the organized event to do that, had he not been so destructive and out of control)

The bad:

1) AJ nixed the LIVE media coverage the organizers had worked hard to arrange
2) Some percentage of the crowd actually left the rally due to AJ's behavior (I've already heard from two families who left because Alex's bullhorning made their children cry) plus a couple of single adults who were just plain disgusted by his behavior.
3) Austin PD observed that there seemed to be two disparate protests with some confrontation back and forth between them. This is known. A local police chief commented on it to one of the rally organizers the following day. [Now, I believe the freedom movement on the whole should be decentralized; but at a single event, I think this kind of fracture presents as a weakness.]
4) Some degree of infighting (which we all know is counterproductive) has ensued.
5) Jones alienated several activists (old and new).

newbitech
01-28-2010, 12:40 AM

The legitimate rally was organized to call attention to a 2nd amendment infringement issue. Organizers were extremely deliberate in aiming to focus the message on points relevant to firearm rights and the issue at hand. The organizing groups have worked very hard to establish good media relationships and they had blasted out to numerous media outlets some precise talking points in a well-crafted press release. The media vans were positioned across the street from the police station by 3:30 when I arrived - multiple media trucks had their booms up ready to run live broadcasts on the 5pm news.

Alex swaggered up to the protest area with an entourage of 8 or 9 people (mostly his videographers) at just a couple of minutes past 5 o'clock. The first thing I noticed was that it looked like he was wearing makeup... so I thought 'Oh, I guess Alex is here to get some footage for an upcoming NWO film'. But then it became apparent to me he was there to do more than that...

He looked directly at the *legitimate* rally organizer already speaking on the police department steps. He positioned himself directly in front of the ongoing rally (between the rally and the media trucks) and began bullhorning *extremely* loudly about how the "Media are LIARS!! Mainstream media is nothing but BS!!" Yadda yadda. Now, you'd think Alex - with all his years of experience - would realize the effect this would have. It, of course, resulted in cancellation of all the LIVE broadcasts. They couldn't air live. Period. If he had actually been yelling about gun control issues, maybe they could have.

Alex could have chosen to jump right into the 2nd amendment issues, if his agenda was to bring attention to the problem of gun control. But he didn't. That stuff became mixed in here and there later.

For two hours, Alex stayed on a maniacal trajectory insulting numerous people at the event - including his fans, including Catherine Bleish, and including the director of the Texas Libertarian Party. He was a grotesque caricature of himself, IMO.

Mostly I was heartbroken that he would trash the hard work of the organizers by neutralizing the press coverage they had at-the-ready.

And then there's the fact that Alex over-spoke an excellent lineup of planned speakers. In the lineup were two local attorneys who have been examining the specifics of the gun show shutdown case that prompted the rally, Catherine Bleish (Liberty Restoration Project), Robert Butler (Director of the LP Texas), and Darwin Boedecker (the owner of the gun store that was shut down).

Organizers tried to work with Jones, first by offering him his choice of speaking positions in the lineup -- then, when Alex declined their speaking invitation, by moving their rally (again, already in progress) about 20 feet away to another corner of the pavilion in front of the PD building. Guess what Jones did. Yep, went up the steps so he could bullhorn within 20 feet of them again.

nice report.

I am assuming that this 2 hours was only caught by AJ video... right? I'd love to see the whole video.

Not that I do not trust your account, but it seems to me that there was definitely some antagonism going on. Any comment from the gun shop owner that you heard? I know AJ broke the story and he was raving pissed at the media already for perpetuating the lie that sparked this rally.

I agree, his agenda was different than that of the organizers, but correct me if I am wrong, he was invited to be a speaker at the rally. So, in effect he was under the permit of the organizers.

Also, I did notice in the first video of this thread, the guy in the white with the other bullhorn introduced AJ (who obviously needed no introduction). I also heard within a few minutes of AJ being there Catherine already worrying about "how to handle this" as if AJ's presence had interrupted a similar agenda, and almost simultaneously John Bush encouraging the crowd and AJ by saying "AJ is already going off", over the bullhorn.

It sounds like the two agenda's weren't that far off. Both groups were seeking face time with the media. Tho the "legitimate" as you call it rally was seeking face time for a different reason. AJ wanted to call the press out for perpetuating the lie about the gun shows, while the organizers wanted the face time to get their broader rants about the 2nd amendment broadcast in convenient sound bites.

I see this as a learning opportunity for the organizers. First and foremost realize that inviting AJ anywhere is a recipe for controversy. If you want AJ as an ally, bottom line, he leads you follow. Those are his terms, unspoken, but oh so obvious. Is AJ an ass? No doubt, was he wrong in his approach, perhaps. Did he deserve to be arrested or have the cops sicked on him by people who invited him to protest with them? Nooooooo...

Please learn from this. More and more protests are coming. Eventually, the protesters are going to become more and more ballsy because they will quickly realize what has been realized by all effective social movements. Effective speech has to be aggressive focused and targeted.

In this case, AJ may have been guilty of not allowing that to develop. At the same time, like it or not, the organizers probably should have realized what they were getting into by inviting AJ to a protest. When have you ever seen AJ on the street without a bullhorn of his own? I bet if AJ had his way, every single person at this protest would have had their own bullhorns.

dannno
01-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Nope, but that's irrelevant, I've never met Hillary Clinton before and I consider her to be the same.

Well you're wrong on this one.

pfarley
01-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Ok, to clarify a few things...

nice report.

I am assuming that this 2 hours was only caught by AJ video... right? I'd love to see the whole video.

ETA: The organized rally lasted for 1 hour and a half, ending at 6:35 pm central. I remained until 7:05 myself. Between 7:00p and 7:05, I heard Alex on the bullhorn saying "Well, guys, I'm outta here..."

I don't know of any one continuous video yet available online. You've likely seen the one that shows John Bush (white t-shirt) being interrupted.

Here is the rest of the lineup (Alex can be heard in the background of all of these):

Jerri Ward, Attorney, also Ladies of Liberty Alliance
YouTube - Jerri Ward at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhLwkyzhp4w)

Catherine Bleish, Liberty Restoration Project
YouTube - Catherine Bleisch at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPn44htJm6o)

Paul Velte, Attorney, also founder Peaceable Texans for Firearm Rights
YouTube - Paul Velte at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhzHm-LC1GM)

Darwin Boedecker, Gun Show Operator
YouTube - Darwin Boedeker - gun show promoter at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqDg_0EElxk)
YouTube - Darwin Boedeker - gun show promoter at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas - pt2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeZyvlXaKew) (part 2)

Not that I do not trust your account, but it seems to me that there was definitely some antagonism going on. Any comment from the gun shop owner that you heard? I know AJ broke the story and he was raving pissed at the media already for perpetuating the lie that sparked this rally.

IMO, the antagonism began entirely with Alex.

I didn't hear any particular comments regarding AJ from the gun show operator.

As for AJ raving at the media about lies, he definitely wasn't making it clear during his bullhorning at the event that he was outraged about media lies specifically concerning the gun rights issues. In fact, he was really all over the board - mixing messages of "Media Lies", "Down with the NWO", "Hey, this is my 1st Amendment", "We won't be your slaves", etc. etc. etc. His messages were really incohesive (in stark contrast to the focused message delivered by rally organizers).

I agree, his agenda was different than that of the organizers, but correct me if I am wrong, he was invited to be a speaker at the rally. So, in effect he was under the permit of the organizers.

To my knowlege, Alex was NOT actually specifically invited to speak in advance of the event. In fact, organizers had invited another local radio host, who cancelled upon learning that Jones intended to be there. Organizers' plan then became one of offering AJ a speaking position upon his arrival, which they did - and which he declined. Further, having seen the sound permit myself, it named two organizations as being permitted: TAG (Texans for Accountable Government) and LOLA (Ladies of Liberty Alliance). So, IMO, Jones was not a covered person under the permit upon having declined their offer for him to speak.

Also, I did notice in the first video of this thread, the guy in the white with the other bullhorn introduced AJ (who obviously needed no introduction). I also heard within a few minutes of AJ being there Catherine already worrying about "how to handle this" as if AJ's presence had interrupted a similar agenda, and almost simultaneously John Bush encouraging the crowd and AJ by saying "AJ is already going off", over the bullhorn.

John Bush made a heroic (IMO) attempt to play off Alex's intrusion with grace and humor. Imagine yourself as a young, hardworking activist - having been inspired (by Alex Jones, no less) to take action - having worked extremely hard to organize a respectable demonstration - and then having Alex show up (not yet formally invited, at that point) and bullhorn the event, immediately trashing the live media coverage and drowning out the speakers you worked to line up. Of course there were others besides John who worked hard on the planning - all of whom had to have been disappointed. I was disappointed - and I hadn't worked my butt off like those folks did.

It sounds like the two agenda's weren't that far off. Both groups were seeking face time with the media. Tho the "legitimate" as you call it rally was seeking face time for a different reason. AJ wanted to call the press out for perpetuating the lie about the gun shows, while the organizers wanted the face time to get their broader rants about the 2nd amendment broadcast in convenient sound bites.

Not quite.

It distinctly appeared to me that part of Alex's agenda was to nix the live news coverage. I won't speculate as to why. But he very adeptly and deliberately postured himself and selected (and bullhorned) a message to do just that.

His actions were in direct opposition to the agenda of the rally organizers.

I see this as a learning opportunity for the organizers. First and foremost realize that inviting AJ anywhere is a recipe for controversy. If you want AJ as an ally, bottom line, he leads you follow. Those are his terms, unspoken, but oh so obvious. Is AJ an ass? No doubt, was he wrong in his approach, perhaps. Did he deserve to be arrested or have the cops sicked on him by people who invited him to protest with them? Nooooooo...

Believe me when I say - organizers have taken lots of post-mortem notes.

Please learn from this. More and more protests are coming. Eventually, the protesters are going to become more and more ballsy because they will quickly realize what has been realized by all effective social movements. Effective speech has to be aggressive focused and targeted.

BBM. Yes, and IMO the rally organizers did an excellent job targeting the message. It was AJ who derailed it.

In this case, AJ may have been guilty of not allowing that to develop. At the same time, like it or not, the organizers probably should have realized what they were getting into by inviting AJ to a protest. When have you ever seen AJ on the street without a bullhorn of his own? I bet if AJ had his way, every single person at this protest would have had their own bullhorns.

Yep. As I clarified above, there had been a different radio host given an advance invitation to the event. To my knowledge, AJ just announced on his show that day that he would attend. So.. as far as I know, the invitation was extended on the fly - Alex having already shown up.

To give you some perspective - I've been a listener of AJ for about 14 years (back before he was actually on radio and the only place he could be found was on an Austin public access channel in the middle of the night.) For most of that time, I was his staunchest advocate. I began to see some patterns in which AJ showed unexplained animosity toward local Austin activist groups.. but I continued to listen to his show. Austin event organizers are generally pretty aware of AJ's behavior tendencies, but this was over the top on AJ's part. I think most people at the event (including organizers) were shocked - and in many cases heartbroken at Alex's aggression. And since Monday, I haven't found the stomach to tune in to Alex's show. From what I hear, he's actually taken credit for having organized the event.

I've noticed some Alex followers on various blogs today giving Alex credit for getting the media to the event. Doubtful, really. The local MSM here has by-and-large stopped giving Alex any attention a long time ago. IMO, the organizers' press release brought the media - if anything AJ ran some off.

specsaregood
01-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Prove it. Dr. Paul had plenty of support outside of AJ listeners. The JBS members have known about him for a long time, libertarians have known about him for a long time, constitution party members have known about him for a long time, pro-life activists have known about him for a long time, anti-tax people have known about him for along time. In short: AJ listeners are a relatively small segment of his supporters.

Why do you need me to message you? Don't you have a link to a youtube video or a quote from a reputable source?
Agreed, post it publicly.

newbitech
01-28-2010, 01:45 AM
Ok, to clarify a few things...

ETA: The organized rally lasted for 1 hour and a half, ending at 6:35 pm central. I remained until 7:05 myself. Between 7:00p and 7:05, I heard Alex on the bullhorn saying "Well, guys, I'm outta here..."

I don't know of any one continuous video yet available online. You've likely seen the one that shows John Bush (white t-shirt) being interrupted.

Here is the rest of the lineup (Alex can be heard in the background of all of these):

Jerri Ward, Attorney, also Ladies of Liberty Alliance
YouTube - Jerri Ward at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhLwkyzhp4w)

Catherine Bleish, Liberty Restoration Project
YouTube - Catherine Bleisch at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPn44htJm6o)

Paul Velte, Attorney, also founder Peaceable Texans for Firearm Rights
YouTube - Paul Velte at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhzHm-LC1GM)

Darwin Boedecker, Gun Show Operator
YouTube - Darwin Boedeker - gun show promoter at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqDg_0EElxk)
YouTube - Darwin Boedeker - gun show promoter at the APD-BATFE Protest in Austin Texas - pt2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeZyvlXaKew) (part 2)

IMO, the antagonism began entirely with Alex.

I didn't hear any particular comments regarding AJ from the gun show operator.

As for AJ raving at the media about lies, he definitely wasn't making it clear during his bullhorning at the event that he was outraged about media lies specifically concerning the gun rights issues. In fact, he was really all over the board - mixing messages of "Media Lies", "Down with the NWO", "Hey, this is my 1st Amendment", "We won't be your slaves", etc. etc. etc. His messages were really incohesive (in stark contrast to the focused message delivered by rally organizers).

To my knowlege, Alex was NOT actually specifically invited to speak in advance of the event. In fact, organizers had invited another local radio host, who cancelled upon learning that Jones intended to be there. Organizers' plan then became one of offering AJ a speaking position upon his arrival, which they did - and which he declined. Further, having seen the sound permit myself, it named two organizations as being permitted: TAG (Texans for Accountable Government) and LOLA (Ladies of Liberty Alliance). So, IMO, Jones was not a covered person under the permit upon having declined their offer for him to speak.

John Bush made a heroic (IMO) attempt to play off Alex's intrusion with grace and humor. Imagine yourself as a young, hardworking activist - having been inspired (by Alex Jones, no less) to take action - having worked extremely hard to organize a respectable demonstration - and then having Alex show up (not yet formally invited, at that point) and bullhorn the event, immediately trashing the live media coverage and drowning out the speakers you worked to line up.

Not quite.

It distinctly appeared to me that part of Alex's agenda was to nix the live news coverage. I won't speculate as to why. But he very adeptly and deliberately postured himself and selected (and bullhorned) a message to do just that.

His actions were in direct opposition to the agenda of the rally organizers.

Believe me when I say - organizers have taken lots of post-mortem notes.

BBM. Yes, and IMO the rally organizers did an excellent job targeting the message. It was AJ who derailed it.

Yep. As I clarified above, there had been a different radio host given an advance invitation to the event. To my knowledge, AJ just announced on his show that day that he would attend. So.. as far as I know, the invitation was extended on the fly - Alex having already shown up.

To give you some perspective - I've been a listener of AJ for about 14 years (back before he was actually on radio and the only place he could be found was on an Austin public access channel in the middle of the night.) For most of that time, I was his staunchest advocate. I began to see some patterns in which AJ showed unexplained animosity toward local Austin activist groups.. but I continued to listen to his show. Austin event organizers are generally pretty aware of AJ's behavior tendencies, but this was over the top on AJ's part. I think most people at the event (including organizers) were shocked - and in many cases heartbroken at Alex's aggression. And since Monday, I haven't found the stomach to tune in to Alex's show.

I've noticed some Alex followers on various blogs today giving Alex credit for getting the media to the event. Doubtful, really. The local MSM here has by-and-large stopped giving Alex any attention a long time ago. IMO, the organizers' press release brought the media - if anything AJ ran some off.

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I want to go ahead and watch the videos before I make any adjustments to my opinion which is likely forthcoming.

I know I won't be able to interact with AJ on this issue, and since I am not local I have to rely on your report and others. I have seen some crushing blows to liberty from seeming allies in the last few days.

It's good to know that the organizers are taking the positive from this. I have BHO coming to my town tomorrow. I really wish I could find folks like you and John Bush and Catherine B. In my area to hang out with. After the C4L crap in FL the movement just kind of fell apart down here.

someperson
01-28-2010, 01:47 AM
I initially learned about Dr. Paul from aravoth's videos :)

pfarley
01-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Another note about the gun show rally...

Anyone remember hearing AJ promise on his show to "hold a big rally" for the gun show operator and to "pass the hat" for him? I do.

So what went down at the rally AJ didn't hold for the gun show operator??

Alex yelled over him! (Not unknowingly, either. People made it clear to Alex the gun show operator was speaking.)

As for the hat?

I, personally, walked the crowd taking up a collection for TX Gun Shows (and show operator, Boedecker). I carried an ammo box and asked folks to chip in some "fiat ammo" for the legal battle. I did so as a member of Austin Liberty Coalition (the continuation of the Austin Ron Paul meetup group).

Strange coincidence, I guess, but when I walked the organized side of the protest - people donated generously.

When I walked the "Jones area" of the rally, I felt like I was getting looked at as if I was from another planet (for the most part; there were a FEW donors among the Alex groupies).

I really didn't know what to make of that. Still don't.

maspero
01-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Voltaire 158

"Why do you need me to message you? Don't you have a link to a youtube video or a quote from a reputable source?"

On second thought why bother? I will let you steep in your own ignorance pal. The fact that you are not aware of Mr. Paul's saying this particularly on a Ron Paul forum speaks for itself.

By the way Voltare how is Cass Sunstein treating you? I hope well buddy.

newbitech
01-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Voltaire 158

"Why do you need me to message you? Don't you have a link to a youtube video or a quote from a reputable source?"

On second thought why bother? I will let you steep in your own ignorance pal. The fact that you are not aware of Mr. Paul's saying this particularly on a Ron Paul forum speaks for itself.

By the way Voltare how is Cass Sunstein treating you? I hope well buddy.

You said you had a source, so now you don't have a source. I mean, yeah Ron Paul did a lot of talking on AJ. Have you noticed anything different in the media in the last, oh say, year?

specsaregood
01-28-2010, 02:12 AM
On second thought why bother? I will let you steep in your own ignorance pal.

All bark, no bite. You have failed.

maspero
01-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Newbietech,

I dont live in Texas. Please correct me if I am wrong. Was not this even co-sponsored by We Are Change Austin. Didn't Luke Rudowski form this looseknit group of We Are Change? Isn't Luke to this day a firm supporter of Jones?

I have no idea why Jones chose to act the way that he did, that being said he had every right not only by virtue of who he is, but in general to carry on the way that he did bullhorn bs permit or not.

As to why he did it, who knows? Maybe he doesnt like Catherine, maybe he is petty and jealous, maybe he is overbearing and aggressive, which everyone already knows about him anyways.
There is not a single person in the public arena that has done more to awaken people to the NWO than Jones. That is a fact.

To witness as I have on this thread and others the petty back biting, only confirms what I have felt for a long time about the nature of government. We get the government we deserve. It this thread is any real indication across the board of what people have to say who claim to be part of this movement, its a done deal. We aint got a chance.

Not only are numerous posts on here petty, backbiting and jealous, I do think that the Cass Sunstein Orwellian disinfo agents are alive and well, and contributing every chance that they get to bringing Jones down.

I am a new member here, that is only because I spend most of my forum posting time on other sites where I am not preaching to the choir as it were. Quite frankly the choir here is in serious need of some internal house cleaning. The infections that I sense of the Sunstein goons is quite overwhelming.

Those of you that want to continue to back bite at Jones, why don't you go start your own site? Do you really care if he makes millions while you go and work for ten bucks an hour? I don't, more power to him.

So quick to abandon ship eh? Jones goes on a tirade, oh my god. Now he is cointelpro, he is no good, he is disinfo. What a bunch of crap. He has the best guests on bar none, of any media out there, radio, tv, or internet. He more often than not references in detail sources for info. He has brought more than likely millions of folks to awareness of the NWO, thats MILLIONS.

Just what have you done Voltaire? I am all ears bubba.

maspero
01-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Newbitech,

If you had bothered to read in full what I said originally, to find the sources are only on audios of Ron Paul on Jones site. I know what I heard and more than once from Dr. Paul himself on Jones show. You don't? Fiine, obviously you were not listening on those days. Voltaire obviously speaks for her/his self, and that tells me all I need to know about that individual. Backbiters of the world unite.

Paul did a lot of talking on Jones? Hahahaha, now that is funny, I suspect well over 100 shows and counting, more than any other site in the world.

newbitech
01-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Newbietech,

I dont live in Texas. Please correct me if I am wrong. Was not this even co-sponsored by We Are Change Austin. Didn't Luke Rudowski form this looseknit group of We Are Change? Isn't Luke to this day a firm supporter of Jones?

I have no idea why Jones chose to act the way that he did, that being said he had every right not only by virtue of who he is, but in general to carry on the way that he did bullhorn bs permit or not.

As to why he did it, who knows? Maybe he doesnt like Catherine, maybe he is petty and jealous, maybe he is overbearing and aggressive, which everyone already knows about him anyways.
There is not a single person in the public arena that has done more to awaken people to the NWO than Jones. That is a fact.

To witness as I have on this thread and others the petty back biting, only confirms what I have felt for a long time about the nature of government. We get the government we deserve. It this thread is any real indication across the board of what people have to say who claim to be part of this movement, its a done deal. We aint got a chance.

Not only are numerous posts on here petty, backbiting and jealous, I do think that the Cass Sunstein Orwellian disinfo agents are alive and well, and contributing every chance that they get to bringing Jones down.

I am a new member here, that is only because I spend most of my forum posting time on other sites where I am not preaching to the choir as it were. Quite frankly the choir here is in serious need of some internal house cleaning. The infections that I sense of the Sunstein goons is quite overwhelming.

Those of you that want to continue to back bite at Jones, why don't you go start your own site? Do you really care if he makes millions while you go and work for ten bucks an hour? I don't, more power to him.

So quick to abandon ship eh? Jones goes on a tirade, oh my god. Now he is cointelpro, he is no good, he is disinfo. What a bunch of crap. He has the best guests on bar none, of any media out there, radio, tv, or internet. He more often than not references in detail sources for info. He has brought more than likely millions of folks to awareness of the NWO, thats MILLIONS.

Just what have you done Voltaire? I am all ears bubba.

I know these people in the video. I have talked to them. I worked with them on getting information together regarding the MIAC. These people are out in front on major issues and taking action.

I respect what AJ has done, but his actions cannot be ignored. I will watch all of the videos. I stand with pfarley who has linked the video and given first hand eyewitness account. My bias is going to slant towards the activist that I see in grassroots videos. AJ is not grassroots, he is alt media. He is who he is and one cannot doubt his contributions towards waking people up. While in the past, these types of outbursts have been successful when AJ was the only one making them, he also needs to respect that the movement is bigger than him.

I often compare social interactions to sports. AJ is the Terrel Owens of the liberty movement. If what I am watching and hearing from eyewitnesses is true, then he needs to recognize when he is surrounded by activist and learn to self-govern. These folks were following his example and many looked up to him and were inspired by him. I know Catherine B. has taken action based on more than one AJ scoop. However, if AJ thinks he can win the fight on his own, then he is being disingenuous at best.

I don't think it matters that Ron Paul credits AJ for early exposure. The cause is not going to be advanced by one or two men. It must perpetuate, and according to eyewitnesses, AJ damaged at the very least, the people who are brave enough to stand with him. I don't call it backbiting, its flat destructive to individuals as well as the broader movement, BUT, we need to hold each party accountable. I'll leave it at that.

newbitech
01-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Newbitech,

If you had bothered to read in full what I said originally, to find the sources are only on audios of Ron Paul on Jones site. I know what I heard and more than once from Dr. Paul himself on Jones show. You don't? Fiine, obviously you were not listening on those days. Voltaire obviously speaks for her/his self, and that tells me all I need to know about that individual. Backbiters of the world unite.

Paul did a lot of talking on Jones? Hahahaha, now that is funny, I suspect well over 100 shows and counting, more than any other site in the world.

You said you had the reference. So your reference is the AJ shows? Ok, so for the people that don't listen to AJ, are you going to sift through the podcast and reference the link and the time in the audio where RP says what you claim he says? Or is it really not that important?

Ron Paul does a lot of speaking everywhere. Sure when AJ was the only guy that put him on, and when the movement started gathering momentum, and when everyone was salivating for the next live words to come out of RP's mouth, yeah AJ got a bump. Well, looks like everyone else did their part in getting the message out, because if you haven't noticed, RP is a media darling now. Better late than never right? He is all over the networks for the last year. I don't credit AJ for this, how could I, if AJ sees a media truck he flips out. On the other hand, the supporters who tuned into AJ TO LISTEN TO RON PAUL clearly heard the message OF RON PAUL and spread it. Now, the results ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE. And AJ, same ol same ol. That's ok, we need a reminder every once in a while.

I am not being harsh on him. But you brought up RP and the AJ connection which if you had been lurking or participating at these forums you'd know that the issue is a dead horse. You came in like you had something new that wasn't posted. Now it looks like you don't.

I guess you didn't expect to be called out and held accountable. Another "noobish" mistake, BUT ITS OK! We were all noobs on this forum at one time. Especially me when I accidentally stuck my head into some other not to be mentioned debates and had to do some serious back peddling and research to back myself up. It made me a better stronger person which is what I expect will come out of this thread for myself and others as well. I hope you can learn and grow from it too.

Here have some npk, the Ron Paul owes something to AJ tree has been picked clean, lets either post relevant new information OR lets drop it and get back to discussing what went on at this pro 2nd rally. Well, we have eyewitness accounts and plenty of video. Let the conjecture die and lets learn from this, fair enough?

maspero
01-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Newbitech,

Did you happen to listen to Jones today? Another excellent show. By the way Jones has also done more to discredit the warmer mongering crowd than any other personality out there as well.

Many of you folks remind me of how quickly a mob can turn on its leader. I see you do not mention Cass Sunstein, nor of the probable infiltration that is even now occuring within your ranks. No I am not necessarily suggesting that Catherine is one of them. Voltaire however I would not be surprised. Was Jones an ass that day? More than likely, and I will be the first to say he looked on cam very strange, perhaps even coked up.

If you take into context Nebitech, all that this man has done, up to and including today's show, and you seem so ready to discredit him for nothing more than being an ASS, particularly already knowing that he is brash, arrogant, loud, and egotistical. We already know that. By the way I personally LOVED the tongue lashing he gave to Michelle Malkin, and should I have been fortunate enough to be in her presence in public anywhere, I would make Jones look timid. But hey thats just me :)

As I said before. I have been actively researching some of these groups for well over 25 years. Chatham House, the RIIA, Cecil Roades, Milner's Kindergarten, Albert Pike, the Harriman's, the KissAssinger, Mena, Barry Seale, The Aspen Institute, Tavistock, the Puritan Society and a number of other organizations that more than likely unless you too have been studying this stuff for a quarter of a century are unfamiliar with.

maspero
01-28-2010, 02:58 AM
comment 152

Yes I did speak too quickly, not realizing until after I posted that the references of Paul giving kudos to Jones was on audio. Bfd. I am quite sure since I heard it numerous times, others did too, the fact that you do not believe or choose not to, something that even without Paul saying it is a given, speaks for itself. Keep up the pettiness folks.

I suppose now with some of you, I am an enemy because I continue to stand up for Jones, or even worse a disinfo agent myself.

Believe what you want, as I said I do not for the most part preach to the choir, and this choir has more discord, and pettiness, and backbitingness, than I really care to contribute to much longer. I know who I am, and I believe (not know) who Jones is, and I will continue supporting this man even though he made an ass of himself ONE time. As I said I liked the Malkin incident. I like Jones yelling on his show and screaming about the criminals that run the show. He gots the cajones and is my kind of leader. Have fun with Dr. Paul.

maspero
01-28-2010, 03:02 AM
No I am not going to sift through over 100 hours of audio to prove anything to either you or a neophyte.

newbitech
01-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Newbitech,

Did you happen to listen to Jones today? Another excellent show. By the way Jones has also done more to discredit the warmer mongering crowd than any other personality out there as well.

Many of you folks remind me of how quickly a mob can turn on its leader. I see you do not mention Cass Sunstein, nor of the probable infiltration that is even now occuring within your ranks. No I am not necessarily suggesting that Catherine is one of them. Voltaire however I would not be surprised. Was Jones an ass that day? More than likely, and I will be the first to say he looked on cam very strange, perhaps even coked up.

If you take into context Nebitech, all that this man has done, up to and including today's show, and you seem so ready to discredit him for nothing more than being an ASS, particularly already knowing that he is brash, arrogant, loud, and egotistical. We already know that. By the way I personally LOVED the tongue lashing he gave to Michelle Malkin, and should I have been fortunate enough to be in her presence in public anywhere, I would make Jones look timid. But hey thats just me :)

As I said before. I have been actively researching some of these groups for well over 25 years. Chatham House, the RIIA, Cecil Roades, Milner's Kindergarten, Albert Pike, the Harriman's, the KissAssinger, Mena, Barry Seale, The Aspen Institute, Tavistock, the Puritan Society and a number of other organizations that more than likely unless you too have been studying this stuff for a quarter of a century are unfamiliar with.

I understand you have a biased towards AJ. We have videos of what happened in Austin. We don't need to assume anything. I haven't watched all the evidence in this case, have you?

I think the OP says AJ crashes Liberty Activist Protest. From what I can see and have heard this is true. The only thing that I can say is categorically false is that AJ is some kind of disinfo agent.

I know why AJ was there, I know why the John Bush and Catherine B were there. The only question in my mind at this point is, what can be learned from this event?

I don't think following AJ is a prerequisite for discovering truth. In fact, I find his lack of social skills combined with his wild ass conspiracy rants to be mostly a turn off. I prefer to simply read his claims and research his sources. BTW, its the "wild ass" part of his conspiracy rants that jog my ego. He's just... pushy. That being said, the problem with AJ is clearly his character. Does this give people an excuse to make wild ass conspiracy rants directed at him, nope. What's good for the goose...

AJ fashions himself as some kind of leader. Fine, but he is not the "supreme leader". He needs to recognize when he is among peers. That is all.

Oh and I prefer Michael Tsarion to AJ as far as listening to on a regular basis. I also enjoy Perry Stone as of late.

pfarley
01-28-2010, 03:17 AM
I respect what AJ has done, but his actions cannot be ignored. I will watch all of the videos. I stand with pfarley who has linked the video and given first hand eyewitness account. My bias is going to slant towards the activist that I see in grassroots videos. AJ is not grassroots, he is alt media. He is who he is and one cannot doubt his contributions towards waking people up. While in the past, these types of outbursts have been successful when AJ was the only one making them, he also needs to respect that the movement is bigger than him.

BBM. I think these are great points.

I think, too, for anyone wanting to assess the situation - listen to the account John and Catherine gave on their Rise Up Radio program:

http://mp3.ruleoflawradio.com/RUR/128k/RUR_2010-01-27_128k.mp3

I think they considerably downplayed the situation. They are far more conciliatory than I would have been had I been in either of their shoes.

maspero
01-28-2010, 03:25 AM
I also like Tsarion, am not familiar yet with Perry Stone. How about David Livingstone's Terrorism/Illuminati a 3000 year history book, freely available online?

I did not come to the awareness of 9/11 being an inside job from Jones. As I said, I have been studying this stuff for well over 25 years, and only listening to Jones for 8.

If as you say Newbitech you do not believe as I don't believe Jones is a disinfo agent, we seem to be more than not on the same page. I will be the first to concede that he was an ass.
If you would like to see some of my current postings about this incident on a more main stream site, where I comment frequently, head on over to blogcritics.org/politics and you will see a recent article where the political editor a so called libertarian from Texas is trying to make mincemeat of Jones, and has done so for several years. These are the kinds of guys that I spar with on a continual basis. Please feel free to comment on that site, you do not need a membership either. I could use all the help I can get over there. I write under the moniker of Pablo. There is also a recent article on the same blogcritic site in the sci/tech area titled Climate Change and the Plum Tree Outside My Window, that I also have commented on in detail, should you be interested.

pfarley
01-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Oops! I left out the speech by Robert Butler, TX LP Director in this post:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2514977&postcount=162

IIRC, he preceded attorney Paul Velte
YouTube - Robert Butler Speaks @ Austin 2nd Amendment Rally (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OZWkx3EQPw)

Alex's bullhorning isn't noticeable during this speech that I can tell. He may have given it a break for a few minutes.. lol

newbitech
01-28-2010, 03:49 AM
I also like Tsarion, am not familiar yet with Perry Stone. How about David Livingstone's Terrorism/Illuminati a 3000 year history book, freely available online?

I did not come to the awareness of 9/11 being an inside job from Jones. As I said, I have been studying this stuff for well over 25 years, and only listening to Jones for 8.

If as you say Newbitech you do not believe as I don't believe Jones is a disinfo agent, we seem to be more than not on the same page. I will be the first to concede that he was an ass.
If you would like to see some of my current postings about this incident on a more main stream site, where I comment frequently, head on over to blogcritics.org/politics and you will see a recent article where the political editor a so called libertarian from Texas is trying to make mincemeat of Jones, and has done so for several years. These are the kinds of guys that I spar with on a continual basis. Please feel free to comment on that site, you do not need a membership either. I could use all the help I can get over there. I write under the moniker of Pablo. There is also a recent article on the same blogcritic site in the sci/tech area titled Climate Change and the Plum Tree Outside My Window, that I also have commented on in detail, should you be interested.

Perry Stone is an evangelist so be warned. I tend to be open minded to all perspectives and if you ever wondered what the alien conspiracy looked like from a biblical perspective, this guy is your man. I find it extremely helpful in my activism to be informed by the leaders of various beliefs because it helps me relate. There are lots of christian influenced people out there who are responsive to the truth and the relationship between ancient prophecy. I try to be informed heh..

So no, the AJ bashing that goes on doesn't phase me. This site isn't really about AJ or any one particular personality unless you are talking about campaigning. I believe that if AJ hadn't of crashed this particular event, the conversation here would have been about results instead of insults. That being said, I have no doubt that next time around, and there will be a next time for these folks, they will have taken these lessons and learn to leverage people like AJ and bend his character to the cause.

I am not going to go any further than the events that occurred here. I don't think AJ's past success is an indicator of future performance, ESPECIALLY in the midst of a paradigm shift. AJ needs to wake up himself and realize when he is surrounded by people that have joined his voice. He needs to learn to speak in unison and recognize who the people are around him. It seems like he is so afraid of being overshadowed that he gets nervous when the shadow is really the rising up of a movement around him. He looks to have lost his footing a little in the video, but you know what, this movement is much more than he could have dreamed or has ever expressed it would be. If it makes him and others feel better, he can take all the credit he wants for it, because ultimately the responsibilities of freedom and liberty rest on the shoulders of individuals like himself, Catherine and John, and everyone in this forum.

It has been said...
http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-armies-cannot-stop-an-idea-whose-time-has-come/

well if an army can't stop an idea whose time has come, then neither can some random forum posters, AJ, disinfo agents, or whatever.

Thanks for sharing your background. Stick around explore the site, I think you will find this community is pretty good at tackling all manner of information and disinformation.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 06:30 AM

Is your name "Voltaire" or "vulture"? :rolleyes: Here to pick on the bones of your enemy? Most Americans at one time believed the absurdity that Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11 so I could give a flying flip what most Americans believe. They haven't taken the time to find out the facts. Many are willing to accept the truth wants its shown to them. Elements of our government have been involved in terrorism against their own citizens in the past and they will continue to do so in the future.

YouTube - Rare TV NEWS report about WTC bombing FBI Foreknowledge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F1Y6cGRXEs)

Yes AJ screwed up. But everyone makes mistakes. The C4L just made a lulu of one.

http://ns2.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228504

pacelli
01-28-2010, 06:51 AM

Thank you for the first-hand report that clearly fills in some gaps that weren't observed on the posted video.

constituent
01-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Kudos for asking for the context/clarification! I've seen so many people offering up armchair analysis, without understanding all the details. So, props!

I've given some description a couple of posts back. But if you have any further specific questions, feel free to ask.

Here, I'll try to give a point-by-point assessment of the good/bad fallout from Jones' involvement with the event:

The good:

1) AJ drew some portion of the crowd to the rally (it's really debatable what kind of numbers he actually attracted). I happened to be milling through the crowd and would ask people how they heard about the event. Out of roughly 30 people I asked, 2 said they heard the announcement on Alex Jones show.
2) Alex may have gotten a bit of footage for an upcoming documentary (I have no problem with him piggybacking on the organized event to do that, had he not been so destructive and out of control)

The bad:

1) AJ nixed the LIVE media coverage the organizers had worked hard to arrange
2) Some percentage of the crowd actually left the rally due to AJ's behavior (I've already heard from two families who left because Alex's bullhorning made their children cry) plus a couple of single adults who were just plain disgusted by his behavior.
3) Austin PD observed that there seemed to be two disparate protests with some confrontation back and forth between them. This is known. A local police chief commented on it to one of the rally organizers the following day. [Now, I believe the freedom movement on the whole should be decentralized; but at a single event, I think this kind of fracture presents as a weakness.]
4) Some degree of infighting (which we all know is counterproductive) has ensued.
5) Jones alienated several activists (old and new).

wow, that sucks.

thanks for the write up though!

constituent
01-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Another note about the gun show rally...

Anyone remember hearing AJ promise on his show to "hold a big rally" for the gun show operator and to "pass the hat" for him? I do.

So what went down at the rally AJ didn't hold for the gun show operator??

Alex yelled over him! (Not unknowingly, either. People made it clear to Alex the gun show operator was speaking.)

As for the hat?

I, personally, walked the crowd taking up a collection for TX Gun Shows (and show operator, Boedecker). I carried an ammo box and asked folks to chip in some "fiat ammo" for the legal battle. I did so as a member of Austin Liberty Coalition (the continuation of the Austin Ron Paul meetup group).

Strange coincidence, I guess, but when I walked the organized side of the protest - people donated generously.

When I walked the "Jones area" of the rally, I felt like I was getting looked at as if I was from another planet (for the most part; there were a FEW donors among the Alex groupies).

I really didn't know what to make of that. Still don't.

that sorta reminds me of the scene in the movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou? After recording their tune, the "soggy bottom boys" step out of the radio station, and there they meet Pappy O'Daniels. Pappy's son asks his dad if he'd like to take the opportunity to "press the flesh."

Pappy strikes his son, "we don't have time for pressing flesh the old fashioned way you dolt! We's mass communicatin'."

Romulus
01-28-2010, 07:41 AM

Hmmm.. thanks for the insight, and based on your 1st hand accounts and videos you posted, I can't believe what happened. I did not know it went down quite that badly...It seriously make me questions AJs motives. It sounds like there are some serious local issues he has with the community and even more so, going beyond that. I did hear him on his show saying thanking everyone for coming out and that it was a great success. It does make one wonder, that he could in fact be out to sabotage things for his own gain.. willfully or not, it's inexcusable.

Voltaire
01-28-2010, 09:43 AM

You obviously have no proof for anything you say, much like Alex Jokes.

Voltaire
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Is your name "Voltaire" or "vulture"? :rolleyes: Here to pick on the bones of your enemy? Most Americans at one time believed the absurdity that Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11 so I could give a flying flip what most Americans believe. They haven't taken the time to find out the facts. Many are willing to accept the truth wants its shown to them. Elements of our government have been involved in terrorism against their own citizens in the past and they will continue to do so in the future.

On a Ron Paul form, you are calling Ron Paul a person who has not "taken the time to find out the facts."

Ron Paul does not believe in the 9/11 Truth stuff. He has been exposed to the "truth." And yet he does not believe any of that.

Voltaire
01-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Newbitech,

So far you've offered nothing but hearsay and conjecture. You've provided no evidence whatsoever.

CatherineBleish
01-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Here is the first time I confronted him for some background... I clearly show the two separate rallies.

Love ya'll, sucks this happened :(

Editing: OK I Can't figure out the embed, here is the URL http://qik.ly/2mtv

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,115,0" width="425" height="319" id="qikPlayer" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://qik.com/swfs/qikPlayer4.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#333333" /><param name="FlashVars" value="rssURL=http://qik.com/video/75da68cd78a44230ab6e428952e37324.rss&autoPlay=false" /><embed src="http://qik.com/swfs/qikPlayer4.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#333333" width="425" height="319" name="qikPlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" FlashVars="rssURL=http://qik.com/video/75da68cd78a44230ab6e428952e37324.rss&autoPlay=false"></embed></object>

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 02:26 PM
On a Ron Paul form, you are calling Ron Paul a person who has not "taken the time to find out the facts."

Don't put words in my mouth jackass. Ron Paul never said he thought 9/11 was carried out by Saddam Hussein. 70% of Americans did.

Ron Paul does not believe in the 9/11 Truth stuff. He has been exposed to the "truth." And yet he does not believe any of that.

Now you're putting words in Ron Paul's mouth. He's consistently said some stuff hasn't been proven. He supports a new investigation. He also said 9/11 was a cover up.

Regardless I'm not putting Ron Paul in with the idiots who believed the "Saddam did it" rubbish.

libertarian4321
01-28-2010, 02:29 PM
AJ is exactly the same as Olbermann, Rush, or Hannity... Just another self-promoting demagogue catering to a different crowd of non-thinkers.

+1,000

I've said that many times before. Alex Jones is all about looking out for Alex Jones.

He's a blow hard and a bully, no different than Sean Hannity, Al Sharpton, or Ann Coulter.

He has a forum, just as Hannity does. Sometimes that forum can be used to further our goals. But we should not worship or support this jackass anymore than we do Hannity or the others.

pacelli
01-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Here is the first time I confronted him for some background... I clearly show the two separate rallies.

Love ya'll, sucks this happened :(

Hey Catherine, you & John came out looking honorable. Thanks for posting that link, it is pretty spooky how he can launch into his bullhorn script right after he starts telling you off. Figuratively speaking, it isn't the same Alex Jones.

Looking forward to tuning into your radio program tomorrow.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 02:41 PM
+1,000

I've said that many times before. Alex Jones is all about looking out for Alex Jones.

He's a blow hard and a bully, no different than Sean Hannity, Al Sharpton, or Ann Coulter.

He has a forum, just as Hannity does. Sometimes that forum can be used to further our goals. But we should not worship or support this jackass anymore than we do Hannity or the others.

The difference is Alex Jones has so far a) never attacked Ron Paul, b) supports the same issues c) doesn't support Bush / Obama / McCain / Pelosi etc. Yes he has an ego bigger than Texas and he was wrong here. But keep some perspective.

libertarian4321
01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
The difference is Alex Jones has so far a) never attacked Ron Paul, b) supports the same issues c) doesn't support Bush / Obama / McCain / Pelosi etc. Yes he has an ego bigger than Texas and he was wrong here. But keep some perspective.

I think it goes a lot deeper than a "big ego." I suspect Alex Jones is just not a good person.

He's a loud, swaggering, arrogant bully who will step on ANYONE to further his own career, as he clearly shows in the videos.

That may not bother some of you, but it bothers me, and I assure you it bothers a lot of other folks. Guys like that, in the end, may repel as many people as they attract.

While they agree on many issues, I see Alex Jones as the "anti- Ron Paul."

Dr. Paul is a intelligent, well educated, humble, kind man who brings people to the cause with rational argument. The kind of man anyone should respect and admire.

Jones is an arrogant, mean-spirited blow hard with a bull horn and a microphone who will shit all over anyone to further his own interests. Sure, he tends to closely align with Dr. Paul politically, and he can be helpful sometimes (and hurtful at other times, as the videos show), but he appears to be a detestable human being, not worthy of respect.

I'll admit, those videos really got me pissed off, and maybe that's affecting my words to some degree (how can you watch those videos and not want to kick his ass?). Maybe you AJ supporters can show me some videos where he is being kind and decent and calm me down?

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 04:13 PM
I think it goes a lot deeper than a "big ego." I suspect Alex Jones is just not a good person.

He's a loud, swaggering, arrogant bully who will step on ANYONE to further his own career, as he clearly shows in the videos.

That may not bother some of you, but it bothers me, and I assure you it bothers a lot of other folks. Guys like that, in the end, may repel as many people as they attract.

Dr. Paul is a intelligent, well educated, humble, kind man who brings people to the cause with rational argument. The kind of man anyone should respect and admire.

Jones is an arrogant, mean-spirited blow hard with a bull horn and a microphone who will shit all over anyone to further his own interests. Sure, he tends to closely align with Dr. Paul politically, and he can be helpful sometimes (and hurtful at other times, as the videos show), but he appears to be a detestable human being, not worthy of respect.

I'll admit, those videos really got me pissed off, and maybe that's affecting my words to some degree (how can you watch those videos and not want to kick his ass?). Maybe you AJ supporters can show me some videos where he is being kind and decent and calm me down?

I'm not defending AJ's actions in the least. And yes he's style is totally different from Ron Paul's. I'm just pointing out the difference between AJ and the others you mentioned.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 04:16 PM
You obviously have no proof for anything you say, much like Alex Jokes.

While this wasn't specifically what you were asking for, it's worth watching.

YouTube - WeAreChangeLA questions Ron Paul about the IMF as well as 9-11 Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x6JdfjwCY)

Voltaire
01-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Ron Paul never said he thought 9/11 was carried out by Saddam Hussein. 70% of Americans did.

Irrelevant.

Now you're putting words in Ron Paul's mouth. He's consistently said some stuff hasn't been proven. He supports a new investigation. He also said 9/11 was a cover up.

"I've abandoned those viewpoints. I don't believe that."

YouTube - Ron Paul on 9/11 Truthers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGyhlNY0y1k)

I would ask you to stop embarrassing this forum and Ron Paul by advocating absurd beliefs.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Irrelevant.

Not at all. You made the point what a lot of Americans believe or don't believe. I countered that most Americans at one time believed Saddam was behind 9/11.

"I've abandoned those viewpoints. I don't believe that."

I would ask you to stop embarrassing this forum and Ron Paul by advocating absurd beliefs.

:rolleyes: Months before that he told Steve Gill in a radio interview that he did believe 9/11 was a cover up. And I already posted the clip of Ron Paul after the campaign answering the question that asked "Why don't you come out with the truth about 9/11". His response? "I can't handle the controversy". The only one that is embarrassing Ron Paul right now is you. You could leave well enough alone, but by pressing the issue you're making him look bad. He's actually been all over the map on this making contradictory statements at different times. I understand why. It's politics. Apparently that's beyond your ability to grasp.

Once again watch the video.

YouTube - WeAreChangeLA questions Ron Paul about the IMF as well as 9-11 Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x6JdfjwCY)

Oh, and here's the video of Ron Paul espousing the "cover up of ineptness" theory which he inadvertently denied in the clip you posted. (The questioner in your clip specifically included "cover up" in the theories he wanted Ron Paul to abandon).

YouTube - Ron Paul says 9/11 was ineptness and NOT "an Inside Job" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g08WCZTc6VU)

In the end none of this matters. Some people disagree with Ron Paul's stated position on abortion. Ron Paul's stated position on gay marriage has been a source of confusion to many. To single out people with different views on 9/11 for your attacks is just asinine.

Voltaire
01-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Not at all turd blossom. You made the point what a lot of Americans believe or don't believe. I countered that most Americans at one time believed Saddam was behind 9/11.

Why do you feel the need to call people names?

:rolleyes: Months before that he told Steve Gill in a radio interview that he did believe 9/11 was a cover up.

No he didn't. Did you not see the youtube I just posted? Is there no amount of factual information that will break through to you?

And I already posted the clip of Ron Paul after the campaign answering the question about why he didn't "tell the truth about 9/11" that "I can't handle the controversy".

I don't see where he said in that youtube that he believes 9/11 was a coverup or that it was perpetrated by the US government.

The only one that is embarrassing Ron Paul right now is you. You could leave well enough alone, but by pressing the issue you're making him look bad.

The only issue I'm pressing is that Ron Paul is not a psychotic 9/11 Truther. I wouldn't have voted for him in my state primary if he was.

He's actually been all over the map on this making contradictory statements at different times. I understand why. It's politics. Apparently that's beyond your ability to grasp.

No, that would be lying, not politics. If he said that he believed the 9/11 Truth craziness, I would never support Ron Paul again. A lot of other reasonable individuals wouldn't either. You see, in order to be elected to public office, you need to prove that you're somewhat sane.

If anything, he was letting that woman down easy.

Cowlesy
01-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Ron Paul is not a 9/11 Truther.

Ron Paul has stated on numerous occasions that he thinks the government botched the investigation.

Please do not try to subtly paint RP as a "9/11 Truther" as the media and the anti-Ron Paul republican ops wish to paint him.

Thanks.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Why do you feel the need to call people names?

Sorry. Just not in a good mood today.

No he didn't. Did you not see the youtube I just posted? Is there no amount of factual information that will break through to you?

:rolleyes: I saw it when it first came out. And I knew he had stuck his foot in his mouth. Earlier he had said the investigation was a cover up. In the clip you posted he denied a position he had already taken. Not his best moment. But that's ok. We all make mistakes. Had the media wanted to they could have put the two clips together and had a field day. It's interesting though that you only seem interested in certain youtubes and you ignore others.

I don't see where he said in that youtube that he believes 9/11 was a coverup or that it was perpetrated by the US government.

Then you can't see. That's not my problem. And further you are twisting my words. I never said he said 9/11 was a cover up. I said he said the INVESTIGATION was a cover up! He clearly said that to Steve Gill.

The only issue I'm pressing is that Ron Paul is not a psychotic 9/11 Truther. I wouldn't have voted for him in my state primary if he was.

Now you're just being dishonest. You started off talking about how most Americans wouldn't believe the "absurd things Alex Jones believes". I pointed out that most Americans have believed some rather absurd things like the idea that Saddam was behind 9/11. I pointed out that most Americans haven't taken the time to learn important facts like the indisputable evidence that the FBI was involved with the first WTC bombing. (FBI informant made the bomb after the FBI denied his request to use fake explosives and instead used real ones). Rather than deal with evidence you couldn't dispute you decided to hide behind Ron Paul and claim I was attacking him when I wasn't.

Now you're faced with another indisputable fact. In response to a direct question about why he "doesn't come out with the truth about 9/11" Ron Paul said "I can't handle the controversy".

No, that would be lying, not politics. If he said that he believed the 9/11 Truth craziness, I would never support Ron Paul again. A lot of other reasonable individuals wouldn't either. You see, in order to be elected to public office, you need to prove that you're somewhat sane.

Straight up question. Do you believe the FBI was involved in the first WTC bombing in 1993? If yes then why do you think the possibility of government involvement in later terrorist attacks is "insane"? If no then why don't you believe your own eyes and the tape recorded testimony of an FBI informant?

If anything, he was letting that woman down easy.

That's your spin. Sure he may have been telling her what she wanted to hear. But then again he may have been telling the debate questioner what he wanted to hear. Same difference.

Regards,

John M. Drake

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Ron Paul is not a 9/11 Truther.

Ron Paul has stated on numerous occasions that he thinks the government botched the investigation.

Please do not try to subtly paint RP as a "9/11 Truther" as the media and the anti-Ron Paul republican ops wish to paint him.

Thanks.

Paul also said he "can't handle the controversy". I'm simply taking him at his word.

I have to ask you though. Why do you never call out people who say Ron Paul supports gay marriage? That actually DID hurt him during the campaign whether you are willing to admit it or not.

Really, it's the self censorship that needs to end. The only time Ron Paul's beliefs on the issue comes up is when someone feels the need to raise it in order to try to silence others.

Anti Federalist
01-28-2010, 10:00 PM
that sorta reminds me of the scene in the movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou? After recording their tune, the "soggy bottom boys" step out of the radio station, and there they meet Pappy O'Daniels. Pappy's son asks his dad if he'd like to take the opportunity to "press the flesh."

Pappy strikes his son, "we don't have time for pressing flesh the old fashioned way you dolt! We's mass communicatin'."

"Thank God your mamma died givin' birth...if she had seen you, she'd have died of shame."

Carry on.

Endgame
01-28-2010, 11:57 PM
I've made up my mind. Thought this guy was an ally in the short term, but suspected he was a dangerous demagogue and megalomaniac at heart that would try to take over in the long term once this movement has grown. Now he's already showing his true colors. Don't ever forget about this people.

maspero
01-29-2010, 01:19 AM
I am simply amazed that none of you care to talk about Cass Sunstein, and the obvious infiltration that is going on. Instead you back bite on a guy who has done more to awaken people that the lot of you combined.

Voltaire, I took a cursory look at your other posts. They speak for themselves. I will no longer either reply to you or pay attention to you, moreover I could care less what you believe about anything pal.

0zzy
01-29-2010, 01:29 AM
that girl is cute.

Bman
01-29-2010, 02:06 AM
that girl is cute.

It's Catherine Bleish. She just got hammered around here a week or so ago.

LOL at AJ's comment to her. Think if I was her I would have given him what he was asking for and dropped him to the ground with some grip and twist action.

dannno
01-29-2010, 02:24 AM
That's funny we can't associate views that Ron Paul once had (aka "abandoned" for some...odd...reason....) with..himm.. :confused:

constituent
01-29-2010, 08:19 AM
"Thank God your mamma died givin' birth...if she had seen you, she'd have died of shame."

Carry on.

best. line. ever. it's all in the delivery too.

constituent
01-29-2010, 08:20 AM
It's Catherine Bleish. She just got hammered around here a week or so ago.

mmm... sorry i missed it. :o:D

EndDaFed
01-29-2010, 08:41 AM
http://qik.com/video/4595683

Well that does it. He thinks everyone is on the government payroll.

You tell him Catherine. :O

pacelli
01-29-2010, 09:08 AM

I got turned off of AJ when I read about his involvement in the WTPRN hostile takeover and the Jeff Rense affair. This latest issue with crashing someone else's pro-liberty rally is something that is consistent with my view of Alex's business practices. That's just how he functions. Incidentally, after listening to Alex for several years, I really do believe he hates most of his callers. He becomes so irritated with people asking simple questions, such as, "How are you?" Thank goodness Alex isn't a representative of the liberty movement.

constituent
01-29-2010, 10:01 AM
http://qik.com/video/4595683

Well that does it. He thinks everyone is on the government payroll.

You tell him Catherine. :O

OMG, Alex is getting really boring. It doesn't even sound like he buys it anymore.

Eric21ND
01-29-2010, 10:11 AM
AJ might be the worst interviewer I ever heard before. I really don't know how you guys can stomach him day in and day out.

FrankRep
01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
AJ might be the worst interviewer I ever heard before. I really don't know how you guys can stomach him day in and day out.

Debra Medina on Alex Jones TV
Jan 28, 2010

YouTube - Debra Medina on Alex Jones TV (P1/2) - Early Primary Voting For Governor Begins Feb 16 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Zrjjeg4zs)

YouTube - Debra Medina on Alex Jones TV (P2/2) - Early Primary Voting For Governor Begins Feb 16 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGXeL6bEf0)

theclip
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
This thread is a gem.

It has everything-- drama, moles, vectoring I, vectoring II etc etc.
I just saved it as an educational material.

InterestedParticipant
02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
This thread is a gem.

It has everything-- drama, moles, vectoring I, vectoring II etc etc.
I just saved it as an educational material.
What vectoring (http://wwws.forummotion.com/definitions-key-terms-semantic-manipulation-f22/what-is-vector-t282.htm) do you see? I'm very curious.

theclip
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
What vectoring (http://wwws.forummotion.com/definitions-key-terms-semantic-manipulation-f22/what-is-vector-t282.htm) do you see? I'm very curious.

If I am right about you then you don't want it to be here in open. ;)

InterestedParticipant
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Here's what I said previous in this thread if there is any confusion, which there now seems to be...

Agorism
02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
He does WWF news.

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't get this.. What is AJ yelling about down there? And why didn't he want to talk up on the steps.. I don't get what they're arguing about..

InterestedParticipant
02-09-2010, 11:34 PM
AJ is co-opting the event. I've explained the technique in the following thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230596