PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul cut off at "Defending American Dream"

Tidewise
10-05-2007, 02:04 PM
This story:
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/10/05/398701.aspx

states that the moderators of the ""Defending the American Dream Summit" allowed Guilani to speak for 25 minutes, but CUT OFF RON PAUL after 10 minutes.

Here is the contact info for the organizers of this debate:

Americans For Prosperity Foundation
1726 M Street NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20036
(202) 349-5880
Toll Free (866) 730-0150
info@AFPhq.org

Let 'em have it!

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
was Ron Paul finished? That's messed up.

surf
10-05-2007, 02:11 PM
wait for details before blasting them - my advice. someone here must know more about this.

Eli
10-05-2007, 02:12 PM
holy smokes!

msnbc talking about ron paul being treated unfairly in debates?

that is just downright insane. We may have reached that tipping point as far as the media is concerned. How cool is that? The cool new thing is to support and fight for the underdog ron paul.

BarryDonegan
10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
tucker referred to it as the "hip thing".

speciallyblend
10-05-2007, 02:15 PM
is this real,did he really get cut off, WHERE IS THE YOUTUBE VIDEO??????

Eli
10-05-2007, 02:18 PM
believe it or not, it would be awesome if he did(hopefully we'll get a vid soon). While he's getting tons of media attention him getting blatantly screwed by some forum during a speech would set america a blaze. As long as it made news it'd be 10x better and more exposure than the stupid forum could of ever given him.

V4Vendetta
10-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah wheres the Youtube Video?

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah wheres the Youtube Video?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=defendingthedream

didnt see this anywhere yet

posted by SJohnsson

Eli
10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Funny. I saw this in a random youtube comment and thought i'd throw it out there because its funny if true.

I work at Fox and can tell you that Bill is on his way out over this.... about time.
referring to a recent interview he did attacking a kid because the kid knew his stuff and did his research while disagreeing...he totally got his ass kicked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeQ2AtE0Hco

BLS
10-05-2007, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=defendingthedream

didnt see this anywhere yet

posted by SJohnsson

Thanks Stealth.

DrNoZone
10-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Is that the official clip? I noticed they stopped the clip before he was cut off by the loud bumper music.

1000-points-of-fright
10-05-2007, 02:45 PM
And it only took $5million for them to notice. That's top notch journalism!

Y'know, when Paul wins it's gonna take a lot of willpower for me to not act like a smug dick. And I'm known for my willpower.

speciallyblend
10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Is there a youtube video of RON PAUL, i saw fred thompson speaking ugh had to cut off. wheres the ron paul video,please dont tell me i have to watch freddead before ron paul

RoamZero
10-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I wonder how many times Rudy mentioned 9/11 during his 25 minutes.

IRO-bot
10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Like in Avaroth's Necon Answer video. Probably 25 times.

wgadget
10-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I had Rudy playing in the background here and he sounded like he was doing a stand-up routine as a used car salesman.

Not funny.

BTW, Ron Paul is nowhere to be found in these clips.

Bradley in DC
10-05-2007, 03:25 PM
I got a call this afternoon from a friend who was there. He was Dr. Paul's first press guy from when he came back in 1997 (we started together). According to Michael, Dr. Paul's speech was the most warmly received even though there was applause for Rudy and the others. Overall, it would not be expected to be the most receptive audience for us. We're going for drinks and dinner soon. If there's anything extradinary, I'll pass it along.

Before everyone gets the undies all bunched up, please remember that they are a private group. We are fighting for their right to do as they please (absent the initiation of force and fraud). Misplaced demands of "fairness" or whatever are contrary to our movement.

More sympathetic press coverage! WAHOO!

ghemminger
10-05-2007, 05:00 PM
The Coward who posted these videos - deleted the Ron Paul coverage - hopefully we will see another vid from another source pop up - msnbc might run with story....

Marshall
10-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Bump.... anybody got a youtube clip of RP?

kylejack
10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Before everyone gets the undies all bunched up, please remember that they are a private group. We are fighting for their right to do as they please (absent the initiation of force and fraud). Misplaced demands of "fairness" or whatever are contrary to our movement.
Hold it; nobody's asking for government goons to go enforce fairness on them. We still have every right to cry foul and criticize them for the way they ran things, and that's not incompatible with libertarianism or Constitutionalism at all.

Electrostatic
10-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Hold it; nobody's asking for government goons to go enforce fairness on them. We still have every right to cry foul and criticize them for the way they ran things, and that's not incompatible with libertarianism or Constitutionalism at all.

Ya, but be NICE about any criticisms... Remember, the crowd LIKED him, and it is those people who make up the group you would be COMPLAINING to...

MsDoodahs
10-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I got a call this afternoon from a friend who was there. He was Dr. Paul's first press guy from when he came back in 1997 (we started together). According to Michael, Dr. Paul's speech was the most warmly received even though there was applause for Rudy and the others. Overall, it would not be expected to be the most receptive audience for us. We're going for drinks and dinner soon. If there's anything extradinary, I'll pass it along.

More sympathetic press coverage! WAHOO!

Great to hear that his was the warmest reception!

Let us know what you find out, Bradley, thanks!

TechnoGuyRob
10-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I like this comment from the MSNBC users:

That's ok. Ron Paul can say more in 10 minutes than Rudy Giuliani could say in 25 <i>hours</i>.

:-)