PDA

View Full Version : Can't Buy Me Love

Malachi
01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/82653302.html

Johnson Excluded From Political Forum In Frankfo[r]t
Republican Bill Johnson's $250,000 investment in his U.S. Senate campaign didn't earn him a spot in a political forum next week in Frankfort.

I guess they didn't buy his internal poll numbers. :p

spotics
01-26-2010, 12:56 AM
http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/82653302.html

Johnson Excluded From Political Forum In Frankfo[r]t
Republican Bill Johnson's $250,000 investment in his U.S. Senate campaign didn't earn him a spot in a political forum next week in Frankfort.

Don't get cocky. We've been in this position before and will be in them again.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-26-2010, 06:55 AM

Nobody does except maybe his spin doctor blogger ("mommy") and people gullible enough to fall for his own campaign's press releases.

Also, what about the other GOP candidates? They don't warrant stories? I guess Johnson must be the only one crying about it to the media.

Nathan Hale
01-26-2010, 07:53 AM
Let's remember our roots, folks. Imagine this was our candidate getting bumped from the debates. Sure, it's okay to be thankful that the debate will feature fewer candidates (especially one positioned to split our vote), but lets not harp on it.

aclove
01-26-2010, 08:02 AM
I tend to agree. Gloating doesn't become us, especially after everything we went through in 2008.

Malachi
01-26-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't remember anyone I supported in 2007-08 writing themselves checks to finance their campaign. Apples and oranges.

If Billy is going to buy his way into the race, he is going to have to reach deeper! Much deeper!

How many donors does Billy have? 5?

He is not a serious candidate, not for U.S. Senate. He could be serious candidate for State Senate running the type of campaign he is running (maybe), but not U.S. Senate. FAIL!

angelatc
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
He is not a serious candidate, not for U.S. Senate. He could be serious candidate for State Senate running the type of campaign he is running (maybe), but not U.S. Senate. FAIL!

This is the exact same reason they used to keep Ron Paul out of the debates. Shame on you.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-26-2010, 12:16 PM
This is the exact same reason they used to keep Ron Paul out of the debates. Shame on you.

I can only remember one debate that didn't include Ron Paul, and that was the Fox forum in NH in early January 2008.

The outrage there was that Paul was the top fundraiser in the previous quarter, that he did better than one of the included candidates (Giuliani) in Iowa and was polling much better than another (Thompson) in the state of New Hampshire.

This is not the case here.

Before Johnson whines anymore, he should really consider the fact that he has been scheduled to be included in four televised debates already, while other candidates polling the same as him haven't. He is getting a lot better treatment than most candidates in his position so he should really suck it up.

Austin
01-26-2010, 01:27 PM
I can only remember one debate that didn't include Ron Paul, and that was the Fox forum in NH in early January 2008.

The outrage there was that Paul was the top fundraiser in the previous quarter, that he did better than one of the included candidates (Giuliani) in Iowa and was polling much better than another (Thompson) in the state of New Hampshire.

This is not the case here.

Before Johnson whines anymore, he should really consider the fact that he has been scheduled to be included in four televised debates already, while other candidates polling the same as him haven't. He is getting a lot better treatment than most candidates in his position so he should really suck it up.

Paul was also left out of the debate in Iowa.. he held a rally next door with more in attendance for his event than the official debate.

Malachi
01-26-2010, 02:13 PM

You keep ignoring the fact he has no donors and is self-financing. Shame on you!

This could not be said for Ron Paul in 2007, so stop trying to compare apples to oranges.

angelatc
01-26-2010, 03:14 PM
You keep ignoring the fact he has no donors and is self-financing. Shame on you!

This could not be said for Ron Paul in 2007, so stop trying to compare apples to oranges.

So, as long as we get to use money to determine the criteria, it's ok to have exclusions. Got it.

Nathan Hale
01-26-2010, 08:57 PM

The point is that we shouldn't be dicks about it. Yeah, the guy is an also-ran. Let's leave it at that. We shouldn't be spending our time lambasting him.

specsaregood
01-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Paul was also left out of the debate in Iowa.. he held a rally next door with more in attendance for his event than the official debate.

Nitpicking but it wasn't a debate but rather "forum", just like the one referenced in this thread. With that said, I don't support gloating about it; but I also won't be fighting for him to be included. He can get his own grassroots to do that. ;)