PDA

View Full Version : Need to get donations flowing - Restart the myspace effort?

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 01:45 PM
I suggest we restart the myspace effort with the lists that fezfez2008 has - and use just the people that we didnt get to in the last week of the 3rd qtr. We dont want to hit people twice, but I think we have 40,000 people to hit.

Its a fact that the myspace effort did yield results and cash for Dr. Paul. We at most only hit 15,000 of the 65,000 + myspace fans.

fez you want to get this going again?

Get 50 people signed up and get it done over a two-three week period?

We need new donors and we need to get donations going, this is an easy way to hit people we know like Ron Paul but perhaps havent donated yet.

DjLoTi
10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
i agree

ronpaulyourmom
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm all for this but somebody needs to write a script to make the process easier. With a proper script we could probably have 10 people pull this off in a week.

IRO-bot
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Someone posted earlier that there are online places that can do this. I am in though. Dr.Paul is in my fav's.

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I dont want it to come across as spam. I know it takes a long time to do it, but with 50 people and 2-3 weeks we can do it.

This allows us to personalize the message a little - I put their name in the message if I knew it from their page.

I could get about 2 done per minute if the pages loaded fast enough. If we have 50 people and 40,000 myspace members to hit thats 800 in 3 weeks or 40/day.

VERY doable.

theseus51
10-05-2007, 01:54 PM
They posted bulletins from the official Ron Paul myspace today, finally. I told them about this weeks ago. One bulletin is asking for donations, one is reminding everyone about the NY/NH registration deadlines.

Jordan
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
We just need new blood. More grassroots campaigning to bring in the money.

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
I send Fez2008 a PM about this. I hope he sees it soon.

Can someone push this, this weekend and next week? I wont have access to the internet next week.

Thank you!

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 02:39 PM
bump....Fez where are you buddy?

IRO-bot
10-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Ron Paul's $5 mil, plus upcoming debate = lot's of more money coming it. It will be a tipping point!

fez2008
10-05-2007, 02:58 PM
bump....Fez where are you buddy?

Sure... will do it...

Here are my thoughts:
How about asking each person on myspace to donate $20 per month for the next 3 months and bring in 1 new friend for RP?

We need atleast 60 dedicated people working for 10 days (contacting 100 friends per day) to do this...

Bringing new people is as important as donations from existing friends...

If atleast 50% respond, there will be $60*30,000 = $1.8mil from myspace and 30000 more friends...

Can I post the files somewhere.. and link here so like a 'Take One' kind of repository from which every volunteer can take one list and post that it is taken?

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Sure... will do it...

Here are my thoughts:
How about asking each person on myspace to donate $20 per month for the next 3 months and bring in 1 new friend for RP?

We need atleast 60 dedicated people working for 10 days (contacting 100 friends per day) to do this...

Bringing new people is as important as donations from existing friends...

If atleast 50% respond, there will be $60*30,000 = $1.8mil from myspace and 30000 more friends...

Can I post the files somewhere.. and link here so like a 'Take One' kind of repository from which every volunteer can take one list and post that it is taken?

Im all for it, except I suggest we ask that they donate before the end of October. And I suggest that we dont specify an amount. Im sure many could afford to donate more than $20 and I dont want to discourage them from donating more.

But as I think about it, some responded saying they donated $100, or $40 even though I mentioned $20 in the title of my message to them. In the message I asked them to donate more if they could.

So I guess my only recommendation is that we ask them to donate before the end of october. When we email them we should ask them to donate right away.

Also fez, you will only send out the links to those that we havent contacted yet correct? I dont want to hit up people twice in 3 weeks.

I agree with the recruit a friend.

Sign me up, but I cant start until the 16th.

Please push this hard on the forum next week - Its one thing im positive we need to do.

zahirakids
10-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I am in.

danda
10-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm all for this but somebody needs to write a script to make the process easier. With a proper script we could probably have 10 people pull this off in a week.

I could probably write a script ( if there is no captcha image challenge involved). But I don't understand yet what exactly needs to happen.

From quickly browsing through this thread I am guessing that:

1) Someone has a list of URLs to myspace pages of Ron Paul supporters.

2) Someone has an email to send to each of these supporters.

3) The script would need to load each page, and submit some kind of "email this person" form.

Is that about right? I'm guessing there will be a captcha though. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I think I just had an epiphany.

We need to tie the myspace effort in with a pledge like this:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22819

Still ask for $20, but also ask them to sign the pledge and follow through if its met.

Stealth4
10-06-2007, 06:01 AM
bump

FunkBuddha
10-06-2007, 06:13 AM
It's really not that hard... I had a blast doing this last time and the responses I got were great! We don't need to automate it. Most people can only do 100 to 200 a day anyway.

Like fez said, we just need 50 - 60 people doing it. I am definately in.

Oh, and for you single guys/gals out there, this is a great way to introduce yourself to like-minded women/men. :D

I also put a link to fez's original myspace thread in my emails last time, asking people to come here and contact fez if they could help out. I don't know how successful that was, but I figured it was worth a shot.

FunkBuddha
10-06-2007, 06:17 AM
I think I just had an epiphany.

We need to tie the myspace effort in with a pledge like this:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22819

Still ask for $20, but also ask them to sign the pledge and follow through if its met.

I think the pledge would be an excellent idea. Just have them pledge to donate at least $20 a month for the next 3 months.

I wish we had a way that we could digg the pledge up to the main page real fast before the bury brigade got to it.

literatim
10-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Both the myspace effort with the pledge sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, while I do have a myspace account, it isn't really active and I have zero friends on there. I will certainly do my part by talking to the various people I know throughout the web though.

Patriot
10-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Both the myspace effort with the pledge sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, while I do have a myspace account, it isn't really active and I have zero friends on there. I will certainly do my part by talking to the various people I know throughout the web though.

Add some Ron Paul friends from Ron's MySpace page. Add Ron Paul if you haven't already. You can add me.

http://www.myspace.com/liberty4usa

I don't have that many friends either, but anyone who is a Ron Paul supporter can add me. (you just need to have Ron Paul as one of your top friends)