PDA

View Full Version : Talking points

akforme
01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I had a friend of mine who's a democrat ask what the libertarians really believe and this is what I sent him.

I got to thinking we could almost make these for every topic / bureaucratic office

Here's how I see politics

Democrat:
We need the department of energy to make sure big business doesn't exploit the people or the land. If it wasn't for the republicans giving tax cuts to big oil to destroy the earth in process we could have real change thru corn and alternative energy subsidies.

GOP:
We need tax cuts and open more areas of exploration to grow. If the democrats didn't want to protect every tree in the forest we could lower our dependency on foreign oil.

Libertarian:
This is another example of what happens when you give a select few people too much power. They've regulated out everything that might also work like using hemp for fuel, promoted everything that's hurts like oil and corn and protected big business by stifling out any competition. Then they blamed the other side for the problems, which divides the people even more. All because we've been trained to think that without these yahoo's all hell will break loose.

TCE
01-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Taxes:

Democrat: We need to have reasonably taxes in order to use that money for the public good, without the government, we wouldn't have as much as we do now.

Republican: We need to have low taxes, but we should give subsidies to certain industries to keep the prices down.

Libertarian: Extremely low taxes, hardly any.

Foreign Policy:

Democrat: We can intervene when we want to, but we have to come up with some sort of exit date.

Republican: We can intervene whenever we want to, especially in Israel's affairs.

Libertarian: No war, no intervention.