PDA

View Full Version : Bernanke Vote Tally

itshappening
01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/volcker/Roll Call 1.25.jpg

itshappening
01-25-2010, 04:39 PM
remember he needs 60 votes, get to work on the undecideds !

The Deacon
01-25-2010, 04:46 PM
I think this in particular is a done deal, because the money men will bribe or blackmail the Senators until they get their man. I like the optimism, though.

You'd think more Senators who are at risk of losing their seat, such as Evan Bayh and Harry Reid would be against the incredibly unpopular Bernanke, but that's just not the case.

itshappening
01-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Bernanke’s reappointment vote is coming down to the wire, it is going to be close. Recall that Bernanke was reappointed in August by Obama and the Senate Finance committee approved him on December 17. Now with seven days until his term expires, his nomination has gone from a sure thing to in doubt.

And, if you think this is not political, consider the 36 senate senate up for election in December:

* 8 said they would vote “aye” (5 democrats, 8 republicans)
* 9 said they would vote “no” (3 democrats, 6 republicans)
* 4 are publicly declared undecided and all are retiring and not running again ( 2 republicans and 2 democrats)
* 15 have made no public statements, all are running for reelection (8 democrats, 6 republicans)

In other words, senators up for reelection are saying “aye” at a rate of 47%, not enough to get Bernanke reappointed let alone achieve 60% for cloture. Party affiliation does not matter.

Thank the MA senate election and the desire of Senators to not support something that is unpopular. Is Bernanke unpopular? The following is from a CNBC survey taken in December. Bernanke was about as popular as Bernie Madoff. Do you want to say yes to a guy this unpopular if you’re in a tight reelection race?

ctiger2
01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
All the NO votes are simply to get re-elected votes.

cept Bunning?

Rockefeller voted against him? LOL! Not so fast Jay, we know who you really are.

http://www.appletreeblog.com/wp-content/2007/10/rockefeller-money.jpg

itshappening
01-25-2010, 04:59 PM
the ones up for re-election are blocking him

This is going to the wire (31st jan) for a reason: they dont have the votes and are stoking up a tarp like "crisis"

Look for them to sink the market this week or when it's revealed he doesn't have the votes?

scottish devil
01-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Excuse me for asking but if the remove bernake who are they going to replace him with? The next guy will be the same or worse. IMO the fed does what it wants and by replacing the chairman with another fed clone nothing is accomplished.
I mean is AIPAC really going to allow someone they have no control over to be in control.

iddo
01-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Where did Scott Brown say that he would vote against Bernanke?

itshappening
01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
good question I haven't seen that myself

I think he would vote yes? because he's a neocon

itshappening
01-25-2010, 06:33 PM
This is a hot issue, take action please... and SPREAD

this isnt done YET no matter what the creeps say, they're now in scare story mode