PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Stickers and Fliers Unite!

IowaSupport
10-05-2007, 01:19 PM
I was riding my bike home today and I was looking at the backs of the cars parked on the side of the road. There were a few POW ones, a few anti-war ones, a Hilary one (ughhh..), and some eco-friendly ones.

I thought to myself - man - I wish these anti-war and POW people knew about Ron Paul's stance on the war - and I wish that the Hilary people knew exactly what she voted for in the past - and the eco-friendly people knew about how the free market could work and how less regulations on the oil industry would mean that companies would be forced to find new sources of energy.

So this idea hit me: Why don't we carry around a large assortment of fliers - then walk up and down streets looking at bumper stickers and put corresponding fliers in the windshields of these cars.

It's like the idea of polling for what people want in a candidate and then putting fliers to that effect - except it's more direct and less time consuming.

I'll be starting this on monday, let me know what you all think - does anyone have a list of nice fliers as well?

bbachtung
10-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Great idea.

IowaSupport
10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Bump - need list of fliers please :D

McDermit
10-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't think we have a "green" flyer yet.

Maybe Max's founding father's flyer for the Hillary/Obama people?

The ozzfest or OK NORML flyers for deadheads and pro-pot types.

The constitution mosaic or slim jims are good for the general population.

Not sure if there's a specifially anti-war flyer or not, but the slim jims or mosaics would do well there.

Can't help with links atm, thank to the lack of a search feature.