PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck talks with Ron Paul on CIA, Foreign Policy [AUDIO]

Epic
01-25-2010, 10:17 AM
YouTube - 1 of 2: Ron Paul and Glenn Beck talk CIA / Foreign Policy 01/25/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTgw5yN5_cQ)

YouTube - 2 of 2: Ron Paul and Glenn Beck talk CIA / Foreign Policy 01/25/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHHmNTfov0w&feature=channel)

iddo
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM
thanks

commonsense
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks for posting this. I listened and thought Glenn was pretty fair and gave RP a chance to explain his views.

MRoCkEd
01-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Made me gain more respect for Glenn. He heard a statement Ron made about the CIA and instead of writing him off as a kook like the rest of the media, he has him on the show and allows him to explain his remarks. As you can see, Glenn is really not that far off from us, even on foreign policy. He is perhaps more gradual in wanting to wind down the empire, but the fact remains that he wants to do it and recognizes we should only be looking out for our national security interests.

catdd
01-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Glen, why not just swallow the pride and say "In my humble opinion, Ron Paul is by far this country's best hope and should be our next President."

TotalLiberty
01-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Ron Paul dropped the ball here. "We" should not "crush" anyone. If a foreign government kills a bunch of Americans, we need to look at the root cause of that- not go crushing women and children and innocent people in senseless bombing campaigns. If Fidel Castro sent a missile over here and killed some people, private assassins could be hired to take him out (and this does not have to come from any kind of government entity, the victim's families would no doubt have this incentive). But, we still need to look at the root causes. If we use Glenn Beck-style knee-jerk reactions to things constantly, we make the world far worse.

KAYA
01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Nice!

ItsTime
01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Well what did Glenn say after Ron was off the air?

catdd
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM

"I certainly do not agree with everything Ron Paul says, but..."

Bruno
01-25-2010, 11:23 AM
"I certainly do not agree with everything Ron Paul says, but..."

He could say that about every single guest on the show, but he reserves that line for RP.

Who agrees with every single thing anyone says, anyway?

Chieftain1776
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Made me gain more respect for Glenn. He heard a statement Ron made about the CIA and instead of writing him off as a kook like the rest of the media, he has him on the show and allows him to explain his remarks. As you can see, Glenn is really not that far off from us, even on foreign policy. He is perhaps more gradual in wanting to wind down the empire, but the fact remains that he wants to do it and recognizes we should only be looking out for our national security interests.

This was a good thing on Beck's part. He gave Dr. Paul the opportunity to clarify and flesh out his statements and positions.

Beck is just so frustratingly erratic that it's hard to pin him down. As for those asking that Beck somehow scream "I am in error" as if he was in Confession I think that's a bit much.

If Beck keeps this up I'm more than satisfied.

Cowlesy
01-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I bet that pissed off the little neocons who probably huffed and puffed to get Glenn to ask Ron Paul about it (because they figured it'd help discredit Ron), only for Glenn and Ron to engage in a civil discussion.

The guy is a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

MatM
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
I think Ron got a very fair shake there and this is why I'm not anti-Glenn as so many here seem to be. He is obnoxious at times and I wish he wasn't so over the top, but I think I would call him the best mainstream host, assuming we don't consider the Judge one.

Let me put it this way, I used to watch Fox News most of the day; start in the morning/afternoon, then Neil, O'Reilly, then Hannity, and then turn off the TV when Greta comes on and is stalking Sarah Palin again.

I never could, and still can't watch any other news network. Now I just watch CNBC and Fox Business, because O'Reilly and Hannity drive me crazy, and I watch Glenn at 5.

Uriel999
01-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Enjoyed it.

jmdrake
01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Wow! I'm speechless! Great interview. I love how Ron harped on the "incompetence". (These intelligence agencies can't even act on the information when the terrorist's father turns him in. The FBI had intel of the 9/11 hijackers learning how to take off, but not land.) Love how Ron had a great answer for every question Beck brought up. And yes Beck did conduct a "fair and balanced" interview. Beck seemed to be reach out to Ron Paul supporters. Genuine or not, that's a good thing.

dannno
01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Woot!!

Maybe they can do a special on his FoxNews show next ;)

dr. hfn
01-25-2010, 12:37 PM
thank you Glenn

The Patriot
01-25-2010, 12:59 PM
I have a newfound respect for Glenn Beck. I think he is being genuine about his political views changing. He wasn't just kissing up to Paul. It would be much easier to lambast him like Hot Air, or Hannity or O'Reilly do and just collect his check from Neo Con Murdoch. I won't embrace him 100%, as he still seems to love Sarah Palin(probably out of ignorance and his brand of evangelical christianity); but who knows, maybe he will change his opinions on her. He is probably my favorite newscaster in the MSM. We have Napolitano, Carlson(not on TV anymore),Buchanan, Forbes, Willard, and now hopefully we will have Beck. allies for the Liberty Movement in the media is a good thing. We need spokespeople who can reach millions with our message.

ItsTime
01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Why was Glenn so civil... he was sober today.

BlackTerrel
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for posting. And it should be noted that Beck's radio show gets far more listeners than his FoxNews TV show. 9 million on the radio, 3 million on TV.

I don't really get the negative obsession some people here have with Beck. I honestly don't particularly like him - I find him to be erratic and a bit of a buffoon at times.

But the whole "he is tricking us, playing us for fools" etc. that I read some times baffles me. He's a guy with opinions. Sometimes he agrees with us sometimes he doesn't. I've never had the opinion that people that disagree with me on certain political issues are out to get me or "double agents" - I generally just assume they are human beings with a wide range of opinions.

I feel the same about the likes of Hannity. Sure it's possible he just "says what he says in order to please his bosses at FoxNews and he doesn't believe a single word he says" like some here claim. But if that's what his bosses wanted why not just hire one of the 30 million people who legitimately have similar beliefs to Hannity? Why hire someone who pretends to have those views when you can easily hire someone who actually does have those views?

AuH20
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Alex Jones won't like this interview too much. ;)

BTW look at the crap on infowars.
http://www.infowars.com/images/beck-fraud.png

johnrocks
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Great interview, Glen has a large radio audience, his "warming up" may thaw out others because they trust Glen, just like the Hannity or Limbaugh fans trust them.

rpfan2008
01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Alex Jones won't like this interview too much. ;)

BTW look at the crap on infowars.

Indeed.

Glen Beck is pirating his technique. Not to mention that both are big frauds.

jmdrake
01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks for posting. And it should be noted that Beck's radio show gets far more listeners than his FoxNews TV show. 9 million on the radio, 3 million on TV.

I don't really get the negative obsession some people here have with Beck. I honestly don't particularly like him - I find him to be erratic and a bit of a buffoon at times.

But the whole "he is tricking us, playing us for fools" etc. that I read some times baffles me. He's a guy with opinions. Sometimes he agrees with us sometimes he doesn't. I've never had the opinion that people that disagree with me on certain political issues are out to get me or "double agents" - I generally just assume they are human beings with a wide range of opinions.

I feel the same about the likes of Hannity. Sure it's possible he just "says what he says in order to please his bosses at FoxNews and he doesn't believe a single word he says" like some here claim. But if that's what his bosses wanted why not just hire one of the 30 million people who legitimately have similar beliefs to Hannity? Why hire someone who pretends to have those views when you can easily hire someone who actually does have those views?

It goes back to Beck calling us "terrorists" during the 2008 campaign. That goes beyond simple "disagreement". That said, Beck did seem to be trying to be extra nice in this interview. Now if he agrees with us as much as he claims to, will he take the next step and actually endorse a liberty candidate? Surely out of all those that are running this year he could find one he could get behind.

jmdrake
01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Indeed.

Glen Beck is pirating his technique. Not to mention that both are big frauds.

I know. AJ doesn't think it's all "the Jews". He actually thinks there are others involved. And that makes him a "fraud" in your eyes. :rolleyes:

rpfan2008
01-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Don't put words in my mouth.

Here is Alex Jones the champion of I Amendment.

YouTube - Alex Jones files a Lawsuit against Jeff Rense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJS2SKDpyaY)

romacox
01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
1. Those of you who have been studying all of this for a long time likely get impatient with new-comers like Glen Beck, Tea Party, etc when they don't get the whole picture. But, in reality, you can be proud of yourselves. It is your persistence that has awakened the new-comers. Congratulations to all of you. It may not always seem like it, but you are succeeding.

2. Ron mentioned that the CIA can profit from the drug trade. I have my ideas about why Ramos and Compion were imprisoned (later released with a gag order) while a known drug lord was freed,. Is there any evidence as to why all this happened, and who was behind it?

BlackTerrel
01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
It goes back to Beck calling us "terrorists" during the 2008 campaign. That goes beyond simple "disagreement". That said, Beck did seem to be trying to be extra nice in this interview. Now if he agrees with us as much as he claims to, will he take the next step and actually endorse a liberty candidate? Surely out of all those that are running this year he could find one he could get behind.

I know. Beck says a lot of stuff that pisses me off - since then as well. I find him to be very very erratic, and just jumpy and all over the place as a person.

I just have a hard time hating someone for speaking their mind on the radio.

The Patriot
01-25-2010, 04:32 PM
I know. AJ doesn't think it's all "the Jews". He actually thinks there are others involved. And that makes him a "fraud" in your eyes. :rolleyes:

Isn't Jones the nut who claimed Russia was shooting nukes at us on Y2K and that the arabs own the majority of the stock markets and Hollywood?

dannno
01-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Isn't Jones the nut who claimed Russia was shooting nukes at us on Y2K and that the arabs own the majority of the stock markets and Hollywood?

"The Arabs"..............meaning the Arab aristocracy does own a good portion of the US stock market, and thus, Hollywood. Do you think their agenda is much different than the neocons or the Zionists or the globalists?

payme_rick
01-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Tellin' you guys, Glenn isn't half bad... he's been riding in on a very, VERY slow moving tide for a while now... hell he even gave Sarah Palin some hell today...

and for the "he could say that about any guest, but he has to say it about Ron Paul" (Don't agree on everything), he actually says it quite a bit...

like I said, you gotta listen to these guys... A.) they tell us what the progressive movement is doing (though you may have to edit the spin for yourselves) and B.) they tell you what the neo-con/repub base is doing/thinking and C.) you wouldn't sound like a fool making the comment that "he only does that with Ron Paul"...

rawful
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Well that fills his quota for the quarter. He'll now pretend Ron Paul doesn't exist for the next 3 months.

TotalLiberty
01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Beck supports war-loving neocon Palin. Nuff said.

Koz
01-25-2010, 07:04 PM
I am relatively new here and didn't really find out about Dr. Paul/the liberty movement until January 2009. Everything I was hearing from Fox/MSM was not making sense to me so I started reading some books Glenn Beck recommended. Ultimately I have gone through a discovery and a political rebirth. It took me quite a while to be awakened and I am still learning about free market economics/the constitution/foreign policy.

I have heard Dr. Paul say on several occasions that it took him 30 years to learn all of this stuff. He paved the way for all of us in my opinion. But, it was Glenn Beck who got me started.

Glenn has also said that he is learning about all of this stuff as well. He alse is quick to admit when he has been wrong in the past, that's pretty admirable.

Although I don't agree with him on everything, Beck 'gets' liberty more than anyone else on Fox in my opinion. He just has further to go.

BTW, I am so glad that I finally did see the light.

payme_rick
01-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Beck supports war-loving neocon Palin. Nuff said.

It's for sure one of his weakest points, but he ripped her a little today...

Glenn is not perfect but he's been making his move this way for a long time (as I've said, riding a very slow tide in)... we can't all think the same... but allies are hard to come by for us and you're a damn fool if you think we're gunna get this done on our own IN ENOUGH TIME...

TheConstitutionLives
01-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Glen, why not just swallow the pride and say "In my humble opinion, Ron Paul is by far this country's best hope and should be our next President."

Probably b/c Dr. Paul is 400 years old and would never win b/c of that alone.

TheConstitutionLives
01-25-2010, 07:20 PM
I am relatively new here and didn't really find out about Dr. Paul/the liberty movement until January 2009. Everything I was hearing from Fox/MSM was not making sense to me so I started reading some books Glenn Beck recommended. Ultimately I have gone through a discovery and a political rebirth. It took me quite a while to be awakened and I am still learning about free market economics/the constitution/foreign policy.

I have heard Dr. Paul say on several occasions that it took him 30 years to learn all of this stuff. He paved the way for all of us in my opinion. But, it was Glenn Beck who got me started.

Glenn has also said that he is learning about all of this stuff as well.

Although I don't agree with him on everything, Beck 'gets' liberty more than anyone else on Fox in my opinion. He just has further to go.

BTW, I am so glad that I finally did see the light.

That's cool. I'd like for you to elaborate more on yourself if you wouuld. How'd you not hear of Paul during the elections two year ago? What books did you read, etc??

The Patriot
01-25-2010, 07:24 PM

Mandela was 75 when he took office, De Gaulle was 69 when he was elected and was president until he was 79. age is irrelevant as long as he has a solid VP and posits his consistent and solid platform.

Pro-liberty
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
I hope Glenn Beck is genuinely changing his views rather than trying to stay with his audience that is moving more and more libertarian. It takes a big guy to admit he is wrong and change. It takes a jellyfish to change when it is the popular thing to do.

RSLudlum
01-25-2010, 08:01 PM

I don't know about what was said after the interview but I know earlier in the show Beck was harping on Romney and Beck's neocon co-host (I can't remember his name) was saying he liked Romney and would vote for him. Beck said "You know he's a big government guy," and the co-host said he would still vote for him anyway.

payme_rick
01-25-2010, 08:04 PM
I don't know about what was said after the interview but I know earlier in the show Beck was harping on Romney and Beck's neocon co-host (I can't remember his name) was saying he liked Romney and would vote for him. Beck said "You know he's a big government guy," and the co-host said he would still vote for him anyway.

Yah I caught that, (stu would be that co-host)... stu is interesting... he's come a long way himself but seems to still be a tad too trusting of the republican party...

at first when he said that I thought he was joking (because he's rarely serious, tongue-in-cheek mostly), but I couldn't catch the punch-line...

Pennsylvania
01-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Good job Glenn. Wouldn't mind hearing more interviews like this.

Anti Federalist
01-25-2010, 08:19 PM
The guy is a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

http://memegenerator.net/Instances/912/Uncle-Glenn-FOOLED-YA-COINTELPRO.jpg

Koz
01-25-2010, 08:24 PM
That's cool. I'd like for you to elaborate more on yourself if you wouuld. How'd you not hear of Paul during the elections two year ago? What books did you read, etc??

I have no clue how I did not hear about Dr. Paul during the elections. I guess it's because the MSM mainly Fox that I was watching at the time didn't cover him much. I wish I could tell you, I would have helped campaign for him.

The only reason I really found him in Jan of last year was that I was so fustrated at our political system I started really searching around on the web, looking for some info about the founders. I somehow stumbled upon C4L website. it was easy to learn more from there. About the same time someone sent me a link to a youtube video of Dr. Paul.

I have read the following to name a few.
The 5000 Year Leap - this is one of the best books I've ever read
Glenn Beck's Common Sense
The Declaration of Independence and Constitution (not books, but worth reading)
Nation of Sheep
The Revolution
Lots of articles on mises.com and lewrockwell.com. Mises.com is a treasure trove of information.

Anything else you want to know, happy to share.

I have more on my list, but time lconstraints imit my leisure reading.

Epic
01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/25/ron-paul-to-glenn-beck-is-the-fed-secretly-loaning-money-to-the-cia-for-assassinations/

HotAir neocons jumped on this....

This might parlay into more interviews...

jmdrake
01-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Don't put words in my mouth.

Here is Alex Jones the champion of I Amendment.

1) I'm not putting words in your mouth. You've complained in the past about Alex "diverting attention away from Israel" or whatever your beef is multiple times.

2) The first amendment doesn't allow defamation.

3) Alex and Rense buried that hatchet a while back.

jmdrake
01-25-2010, 09:14 PM

Debra Medina? Peter Schiff? Rand Paul? There are a lot of young pro liberty candidates that Beck could come out for. Really there's no excuse for backing Rick "NAFTA Superhighway" Perry. Oh sure, Perry's going to "stand up for the 10th amendment" after selling Texas out to the globalists?

That said, this was a really good interview. Now Beck, take the next logical step and start pumping up the candidates Ron Paul supports...that is if you really are as close to RP's positions as you say.

Vessol
01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Draw them in. Draw them in. Draw them in. And make them vote NeoCon.

AuH20
01-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Draw them in. Draw them in. Draw them in. And make them vote NeoCon.

As if he has a mind-control device? :D

Vessol
01-25-2010, 10:27 PM
As if he has a mind-control device? :D

No. What he's doing is relatively simple. He gives a fake platform. He is a big name and he is letting people we agree with talk on his shows and then saying things we partially agree with. Sorry, but he is too two headed for me. We'll see what he pushes in the next few years for Presidents.

As said before, it will be a Neocon.

AuH20
01-25-2010, 10:30 PM
No. What he's doing is relatively simple. He gives a fake platform. He is a big name and he is letting people we agree with talk on his shows and then saying things we partially agree with. Sorry, but he is too two headed for me. We'll see what he pushes in the next few years for Presidents.

Well, he can push Neocon but all the source material he pushes is anti-neocon. I don't see how that helps him. If you have read the federalist papers or the 5000 year leap, it's pretty easy to pick out the neocon. Second of all, he 's extremely dismayed with Palin, to the point where he just said she's not ready to be president.

Vessol
01-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, he can push Neocon but all the source material he pushes is anti-neocon. I don't see how that helps him. If you have read the federalist papers or the 5000 year leap, it's pretty easy to pick out the neocon. Second of all, he 's extremely dismayed with Palin, to the point where he just said she's not ready to be president.

Palin won't be the candidate, she just made a clown shoe. Someone clean dressed and who talks smartly will step forward. Someone who has a lot of talk and little action. Like how Bush pre-Presidency when talking sounded pretty reasonable.

Beck also goes off on tangents randomly that make him look totally insane.

cpike
01-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Glenn was admitably my spark listening to him in my car during the election season. I read the 5000 year leap then Meltdown when he recommend it, I read the Paul forward and the rest is history . Don't listen much now but good to hear him come closer.

BlackTerrel
01-26-2010, 12:59 AM

Can you explain this strategy to me. And it's not just you it comes up a lot with Beck.

Let's assume that Beck is a neocon - so what is his plan? He is going to pretend to agree with us, give Ron Paul and others like him a platform to speak on and then in 2012 he will back a Neocon. How is that a more effective strategy than just being full on neocon the whole time - I don't see how having Ron Paul on his show benefits the neocons in anyway.

Why are these theories always so complex? It makes no sense.

This is like saying a Ron Paul supporter should pretend to be a neocon and then in 2012 come out and back Ron Paul? Do you really this would be an effective strategy? Would you support this? Because you seem to be saying Beck is doing the opposite of this strategy.