PDA

View Full Version : To the PHONES! Call your Senators NOW!!

MsDoodahs
01-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Here is a list so you don't even have to work to find the numbers:

http://www.theorator.com/senate.html

WHY you need to call:

Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC) has led the charge to place a “hold” on Bernanke’s nomination to a second term as Fed chairman until the Senate votes on Audit the Fed.

WHAT TO TELL YOUR SENATOR:

“No vote on Bernanke until we get a vote on Audit the Fed.”

If they ask why you don't want them to vote, REFER THEM TO DEMINT'S HOLD ON THE VOTE UNTIL THEY HAVE GROWN SOME BALLS AND VOTED UP OR DOWN ON AUDITING THE FED!

This is HOW you hold your INDIVIDUAL SENATOR'S feet to the fire.

now...TO THE PHONES!!!! HIT IT PEOPLE!!!!

Aratus
01-25-2010, 11:01 AM
[BUMP!] lets hope Demint builds a proverbial fire under
Bernanke as he also keeps H.R 1207 in the headlines!!!

LittleLightShining
01-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Sanders is definitely voting no. Leahy... well, Leahy is a schmuck so who knows.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2010, 11:12 AM
It's S 604 in the Senate.

Aratus
01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
LE thanks!

yes... S 604

Aratus
01-25-2010, 01:43 PM
--- this thread needs a sticky ---

sluggo
01-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Called.

Richard Burr: standing with De Mint. No Ben confirmation until audit is brought to a vote.

Kay Hagan: DOES NOT support an audit. However, the person who answered the phone seemed very interested in some of my talking points. She may still be persuaded to vote for it. If you're in NC, get on the phone.

angelatc
01-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Stabenow and Levin - have the rudest staffers on the planet. They know I want them to vote No, but I believe they're voting yes.

It's really quite beneath them to actually speak to me, you know.

Aratus
01-25-2010, 02:44 PM
my 3:45 bump
til the morrow!

ronpaulhawaii
01-25-2010, 04:05 PM
I just got off the phone with Bingaman's office after hearing of him pimpin for Ben on CSPAN. I voiced solid opposition to the re-appointment, my firm belief that the Fed is at the heart of the mess and that the men in charge failed miserably, perhaps criminally, a strong suggestion to look into S-604, and to defend the American People whose children's futures are being robbed by this system...

felt good...

tpreitzel
01-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Stabenow and Levin - have the rudest staffers on the planet. They know I want them to vote No, but I believe they're voting yes.

It's really quite beneath them to actually speak to me, you know.

The mindset of the privileged class. Time to correct their mindset. I can think of several ways to correct their behavior. ;)

tpreitzel
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
I called Enzi and Barrasso's offices to echo the OP's call for action. We'll see if they stand with DeMint, push for a solitary vote on S. 604, or allow Helicopter Ben's reconfirmation as chairman of the central bank.

JacobR248
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Done, had to leave a message. But what ever.

AuH2O
01-25-2010, 06:48 PM
January 25, 2010

Dear ,

After a full year of rope-a-done and refusing to have his Federal Reserve audited, Ben Bernanke is on the ropes and could be knocked out for re-nomination.

Campaign for Liberty activists are in the lead insisting "No Audit, No Bernanke." Please immediately call Senator Mark Warner and Senator Jim Webb at the numbers below and tell them (again, if you've already called) "No Audit, No Bernanke."

Here's what's going on:

Campaign for Liberty launced a nationwide fight against a bailout for Bernanke last week. Now we are following it up with phones, email and banner ads targeting over a dozen swing-vote senators.

The Senate is boiling over with outrage about the Fed's abuse of the TARP program, bailouts, and money supply, as well as its refusal to submit to a full and complete audit.

Now is the time to deal the knockout blow!

Please call your senators at the numbers below and join in the fight:

Senator Mark Warner: 202-224-2023
Senator Jim Webb: 202-224-4024

Tell them that Ben Bernanke must not be confirmed without an up or down roll call vote for Audit the Fed on the Senate floor.

This fight is really coming to a head, and the decision could will likely come in the next few days. Please call now.

In liberty,

John Tate

P.S. Thanks to the efforts of patriots like you, Ben Bernanke's days of secrecy at the Federal Reserve may be numbered!

That's because his confirmation is being held up until the Senate votes on Audit the Fed. Please call your senators at the numbers above and tell them plain and simple: "No Audit, No Bernanke."

RP4EVER
01-26-2010, 12:59 AM
I'll put pressure on Jim Webb tomorrow. He at least is a cosponsor of S.604.....he may well break ranks.

Warner is a lost cause.

Reason
01-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Called both earlier today and both go straight to voice-mail now

Aratus
01-26-2010, 09:29 AM
mid-morning bump! my two senators are scott brown & john kerry!

MelissaWV
01-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Please proofread your emails if you're sending them :o