PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul will return to CNBC's Squawk Box this Morning @ 8:15 AM

bobbyw24
01-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Ron Paul on CNBC

Posted by Matt Hawes on 01/23/10

Congressman Paul will return to CNBC's Squawk Box this Monday for an interview concerning Bernanke. Hit time is 8:15 am eastern.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/index.php#31715

Fr3shjive
01-25-2010, 07:07 AM
I had to turn it off. Ron Paul came off as way too combative and didnt let the other congressman get a word in edgewise.

sratiug
01-25-2010, 07:16 AM
I had to turn it off. Ron Paul came off as way too combative and didnt let the other congressman get a word in edgewise.

Sounds like a great review to me... :D

XNavyNuke
01-25-2010, 07:30 AM

You missed a great lesson then. Rep. Paul certainly was emphatic and wasn't going to let the barely qualified "TA" in the course spew "facts" that were complete misrepresentations of history. To me it looked like he was trying to educate the viewers on reality and not really focused on debate with the other guest. In my opinion that is exactly what he should use his appearances to do. He's never going to convince the Washington and Wall Street elites of his views and that shouldn't be his focus.

XNN

Patrick
01-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Youtube!!!please

MsDoodahs
01-25-2010, 07:47 AM
I saw the very tail end of it.

TUBE NEEDED.

Fr3shjive
01-25-2010, 07:51 AM
You missed a great lesson then. Rep. Paul certainly was emphatic and wasn't going to let the barely qualified "TA" in the course spew "facts" that were complete misrepresentations of history. To me it looked like he was trying to educate the viewers on reality and not really focused on debate with the other guest. In my opinion that is exactly what he should use his appearances to do. He's never going to convince the Washington and Wall Street elites of his views and that shouldn't be his focus.

XNN

I think he would have done a better job of getting his point across by allowing the other congressman to make his points and then responding to them rather than just cutting him off every time he tried to say something.

Im a huge RP supporter but Im not going to say it was a good interview when he came across as very belligerent.

Patrick
01-25-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1395125659&play=1

MsDoodahs
01-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks, Patrick, watching now.

roho76
01-25-2010, 08:36 AM
There's a video in bobbys link.

*Nevermind.

bobbyw24
01-25-2010, 08:36 AM

Thanks-I didn't catch that

Patrick
01-25-2010, 08:44 AM

*Nevermind.

I see that now...thanks

MsDoodahs
01-25-2010, 08:47 AM
lol, Ron did GREAT!

Remember the audience he is speaking to in this discussion.

silverhandorder
01-25-2010, 09:06 AM
I think the guy speaking to Ron had a slow kinda style. This made RP look like he was talking over him. They both got a lot in.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Ron Paul kicked ass. Ron ended it up well, too. :)

Bruno
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
covered a lot of ground there

MN Patriot
01-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Just heard Ron on Glen Beck. Ron keeps busy! More publicity = more awakenings = more liberty (someday)

XNavyNuke
01-25-2010, 10:09 AM
I think he would have done a better job of getting his point across by allowing the other congressman to make his points and then responding to them rather than just cutting him off every time he tried to say something.

Im a huge RP supporter but Im not going to say it was a good interview when he came across as very belligerent.

Rep. Kanjorski was guest host. He was going to be on all morning and be able to spin his delusions unopposed. Your belligerent I guess is my emphatic. One cannot concede historical facts and still have a consistent, logical message. I think Rep. Paul did what he had to do. In fact, I was telling my wife he didn't go far enough. Allowing Rep. Kanjorski a pass on the two world wars and three significant undeclared wars since the founding of the Fed as some kind of excuse for their incompetence while complaining about how bad things were before the Fed was a mistake. Prior to 1913 there were two major "declared wars" (1812 and the Civil War) as well as smaller ones such as the Mexican-American War and Spanish American War. Kanjorski also cannot do math. There wasn't 135 years of the United Statesprior to the Fed, only 126 years (since the adoption of the Constitution) or 132 years (since adoption of the Articles). No one ever claimed math or history as qualifications to national office.:D

XNN

TortoiseDream
01-25-2010, 10:12 AM
wow lol well i guess it is the "squawk box". ron was kind of rude, he could've let the guy talk more and then responded.

MsDoodahs
01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Ron kicked ass.

Kanjorski hopefully will be losing his seat this year.

I for one will be ever so happy if that happens.

MN Patriot
01-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Rep. Kanjorski makes the universal liberal argument of supporting the Fed, big government and income taxes:

We didn't have a Federal Reserve System until 1913. Look how much life is better now, thanks to the Federal Reserve.

We didn't have an income tax until 1913. Look how much life is better now, thanks to the income tax.

We didn't have a strong federal government regulating every aspect of our lives until the 1930's(60's, 80's, etc). Look how much life is better now, thanks to government bureaucracies.

Right now I am too lazy to identify these logical fallacies the liberals use. A little help, please? We need to be prepared of how to oppose these types of arguments.

reduen
01-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I have yet to see it but in my opinion, Dr. Paul could stand to get a little more assertive in his interviews. He has been right about everything that everybody has been teasing him about for the past two years now. It is time that he starts pointing that out more and using it to his/our advantage.....

klamath
01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
RP is the one that always got stomped on maybe he is learning to be more aggressive. I remember durning the debates the other republicans got their best zingers in without response by breaking the rules while RP always tried to follow the rules.

pacelli
01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I have yet to see it but.....

Check it out & see if that changes your mind! Paul was more assertive in this interview than I've ever seen him.

iddo
01-25-2010, 10:23 AM
wow, Ron Paul was on fire, that was an excellent performance to make more CNBC viewers aware of the alternative to central planning in economics...

ItsTime
01-25-2010, 10:23 AM
UTube?

reduen
01-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Now that was more like it..... Great interview!

Check it out & see if that changes your mind! Paul was more assertive in this interview than I've ever seen him.

romacox
01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
For those who missed it. Here is the interview on line:

cswake
01-25-2010, 10:52 AM
wow lol well i guess it is the "squawk box". ron was kind of rude, he could've let the guy talk more and then responded.

I think he was rather polite considering the idiotic comments coming from "no crisis since 1913" Rep. Kanjorski.

ItsTime
01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
For those who missed it. Here is the interview on line:

Wow that democrat just lies and lies and lies.

Bruno
01-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Wow that democrat just lies and lies and lies.

only when his lips are moving, though.

ItsTime
01-25-2010, 11:09 AM

nah in his head he is always lying to himself.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Can we get the stockades out yet?

RideTheDirt
01-25-2010, 12:31 PM
He probably even lies in his dreams.

Pistis
01-25-2010, 12:48 PM

Watch you talkin' bout Fr3shjive? Did we watch the same interview.

IMHO, that was one Ron Paul's best interviews yet. He showed remarkable restraint and allowed the Rep. Kanjorski to respond fully except when he was directly challenged on a point (e.g. your Audit-the-Fed bill will allow congress take over monetary policy -> False!) then he stepped in to rebut -- appropriately in my opinion.

This was definitely a more assertive Ron Paul and I think it works excellently for the type of audience who need convincing about our libertarian/free-market idealogy.

pacelli
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Now that was more like it..... Great interview!

Yeah!! I tell you what, if Ron Paul behaved that way during the presidential campaign debates, he would have gotten a lot more attention (and votes).

I hope Ron runs again.

NerveShocker
01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Lol! Ron Paul tore him a new one. This guy blatantly insulted Ron at the start by saying he seemed almost happy that the economy hadn't recovered. From that point on Ron showed him no mercy which made it one of my favorite interviews. ;)

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
YouTube - 1/25/10 Ron Paul on CNBC's Squawk Box: Debate on Bernanke and the Fed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX06TnsKnEI)

someperson
01-25-2010, 03:57 PM
The other representative attempted to associate Dr. Paul with the "Republican Party" several times in order to appeal to the viewers' partisan biases. What a pathetic display... Dr. Paul handled it well :)

fatjohn
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
And how partisan he was. "It was your president in the 80's, you and your party's stance is ... you can't have it both ways"

satchelmcqueen
01-25-2010, 07:18 PM
finally Ron seems to be standing up to being interrupted.

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Some supporters, myself included, have been critical at times of Dr. Paul for being the beloved mild mannered respectful statesman he is but for the Ron Paul supporters that have wanted to see Dr. Paul implement a little more vigor....

DAMN THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Thanks Dr. Paul. That will shut any criticism up for a few years with that video interview in the archive to reflect on.

Gage
01-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Great job, Ron. Loved his enthusiasm in this interview :p.

eric_cartman
01-26-2010, 08:46 PM
i think Ron Paul did a good job... and it's nice to see him fired up... but here's what i wish he would say.

there was one part where Kanjorski admitted that he didn't know what caused the crisis... and paul should have said:

"do you know what caused the crisis? did you see this crisis coming? well i did. i've been warning about this crisis for a long time, and people like you totally ignored my warnings. and now you claim to know how to solve the problem, when in fact you are totally clueless about the real causes and what is required to solve the problem. you don't even understand the fed's role in causing the crisis, you think Bernanke did a great job, and you don't even realize that the real crisis lies ahead of us... we are not in recovery, the american people know we're not in recovery. You are still defending the same financial system that you admit, brought us to the brink of total collapse. don't you think there's an overall problem with the system where a great nation like the United States could come within 72 hours of every bank failing and total chaos? You are still defending this system... and one of these days, the real crisis will come, and your savior Bernanke will not be able to stop it, and the phoney system that you so adamantly defend will come crashing down... and you, and people like you, both democrats and republicans, continue to ignore my warnings now, just like you did years and decades ago as this crisis built up under the surface."

rockandrollsouls
01-26-2010, 10:11 PM
loved the passion. awesome.

raiha
01-27-2010, 01:09 AM
wow, Ron Paul was on fire, that was an excellent performance to make more CNBC viewers aware of the alternative to central planning in economics...
But it was on at Midnight ...the bewitching hour hopefully :D

I thought Ron was respectful. At the beginning, it was the other one who interrupted and he was incredibly condescending and patronizing...like he was talking to a geriatric or a child. He deserved a good bollocking. GO RON GO!!! 2012!

kathy88
01-27-2010, 05:48 AM
Ron kicked ass.

Kanjorski hopefully will be losing his seat this year.

I for one will be ever so happy if that happens.

Me too. I live in PA.