PDA

View Full Version : Media Not Helping the Haitians with PR

Promontorium
01-25-2010, 01:26 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/24/haiti.leogane/?hpt=C1

I knew from day 1 people wanted Haiti to be another Katrina, bitch bitch bitch about government not doing enough to help. Most people were struck dumb, because Bush wasn't around and Haiti is still not technically America. But still, it only took the media about a week to finally say it.

"If I were a Haitian here, I would be, frankly, angry at the whole situation I found myself in. But I must say that I think the Haitians are resilient, and they're to be applauded for approaching this in a stoic and dignified fashion."

We should applaud the Haitians, for tolerating the world's "slow" response to their plight. They should be "angry" at us for not responding with the millions of dollars and thousands of people fast enough to their country that had almost no infrastructure to begin with, necessitating the establishment of monumental supply lines.

"When will they come to help us?" is CNN's headline, over a week after people across Earth set out to save Haiti.

Who's this "we"? If not the thousands of people already in Haiti doing everything humanly possible? Who's this "us" when perhaps thousands of Haitian lives have been saved or improved by direct action of the people this article choses to pretend don't exist?

I say, we should applaud the MSM for at least having the decency this time to wait until after the fundraising before pissing-off anyone with their collectivist blame-game nonsense.