PDA

View Full Version : paul's speeches & debates..is he getting tired?

K1RBY
10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
first off, i know RP has a schedule that i could never keep up with - am im just 34.

IMO nobody can articulate the ideas of liberty like Ron Paul...but as the campagne goes on, i get the feeling he is getting tired.

the first two debates blew me away..and now he seems to not be as focused, he sometimes gets off topic, and the ideas dont get layed out as clearly.

do you think someone is pushing him to change his style & its not well suited for Dr. Paul??

steph3n
10-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Actually in the last 3 days he's looked and sounded incredible!

Drknows
10-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I think he needs to take a week off before debates and just chill and watch the news and current events.

So Yes I think hes burning himself out and needs a break to regroup. First debates were awesome!!

Phil M
10-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm think he's getting better. In the ABC and Situation Room coverage he seemed relaxed and confident, though I agree I don't like his current debating style. I think that in Tuesday's he might have the perfect mix of passion and friendliness.

hard@work
10-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Remember we're watching him allll the time. He's going to have days where he's on a few hours sleep, good news and bad news coming in. He is 97.5% on top of his game.

ValidusCustodiae
10-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I understand what he's going to. He's so excited that he's getting a chance to reach so many people that he gets a little carried away trying to tell them all the ways they've been had. I don't see anything irregular, although I'll agree with the above post that he seems exceptionally energetic since the beginning of October.

Let's not forget that this man is over 70 years old and still jogs regularly. He is a medical doctor who went to Duke University. If anyone is in good health, he is.

steph3n
10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I really admire him, all this and he is still managing to make many of the floor votes in the house as well during his campaign.

Dave Wood
10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Actually in the last 3 days he's looked and sounded incredible!

I think he was very tired today at that forum. He really skips around and doesnt close his points well when he is tired. Yesterday was a big day for the campaign so you cant blame the man. Look how sharp he was on Wolf Blitzr. He wasnt the same today but he still brought the house of 1300 to its feet after Thompson put everybody to sleep:o

RP4ME
10-05-2007, 12:37 PM
yeah I am sur ehe is tired...I woudl be and Im in my 30's but in the last few days he has sounded refreshed.....

KingTheoden
10-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't know- he seemed to evoke enormous applause in Baltimore. I am sure he is tired; I just talk to people during the day behind a table and that alone is physically and mentally draining. He is a Congressman and running for President.

I agree that he should give himself some time off this month if he feels his batteries depleting. But I think in interviews and debates, he is completely lucid and well-spoken.

kylejack
10-05-2007, 12:39 PM
He fluctuates, but I feel he's getting more consistent. The Blitzer interview was great.

SWATH
10-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Agreed, he should just take a deep breath and relax. Remember the Value Voter debate, how his intro and maybe even the first couple of questions were awkward and rushed, then at some point he seemed to just relax, like a calm confidence came over him, that is when he started hitting them out of the park.

bbachtung
10-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Regular large doses of green pieces of paper sent through the inter-tubes really improve his energy level.

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-05-2007, 01:31 PM
To the OP: This man has fought his whole life for where he is at right now. Now do you think he is tired?

IRO-bot
10-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah the VV Debate, I think Ron had a few too many cups of Victory Coffee.

reduen
10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
What amazes me is the fact that we all have pretty much the same take on this issue!!

Dr. Paul is my man regardless! If people do their research, they will see the light..:)

peruvianRP
10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
If I had that schedule,,campaingn, traveling, going to the house, debates,...I would be freacking dead.

lynnf
10-05-2007, 01:41 PM
first off, i know RP has a schedule that i could never keep up with - am im just 34.

IMO nobody can articulate the ideas of liberty like Ron Paul...but as the campagne goes on, i get the feeling he is getting tired.

the first two debates blew me away..and now he seems to not be as focused, he sometimes gets off topic, and the ideas dont get layed out as clearly.

do you think someone is pushing him to change his style & its not well suited for Dr. Paul??

it shows in his face -- dark areas and such. hope he gets more sleep for a while. this campaign season is more grueling, having started early and having many debates.

lynn

BarryDonegan
10-05-2007, 01:53 PM
ultimately, in these situations, it comes down to the fact that 70% of winning is just showing up.

campaigning is essentially identical to touring, which my band has to do constantly. sometimes a good tour opportunity will come up, and one of your key band members falls out and can't make it, generally speaking you have to find a way to do the tour anyways, because in this day and age, you can't afford to miss it even if your performance isn't 100%. name awareness matters much more than whether or not every event is 100x better than the last.

you have to realize that you have become desensitized to ron paul's message, a lot of people haven't heard it, and if hes tired looking while hes saying it, it matters less than hes saying these things at all. the words have a greater impact on people that haven't heard it already than his emotional state when he delivers them. in fact, the very first time most people get started on ron paul was the exchange with giuliani, where he was under fire and talking to a sea of boos.

bottom line is, if someone is angry, confused, or something about dr. paul, theres a higher chance they will look him up on wikipedia, to arm themselves with stuff to talk bad about. once they do that, they're going to be extremely confused.

its like when my stepdad realized the similarity between reagans early speeches and r. paul... he looked like he was going to throw up. it just went against his whole understanding, and i think he might've felt a little bit like hed been had. he was stuck in that "cut and run" thinking before that... but realizing reagan did quite a few things that could be considered "cut and run" really screwed up the spin for him.

name awareness is the main vehicle that drives the electorate... passion 100% of the time is not possible for any candidate.

Bob Cochran
10-05-2007, 02:00 PM
He is 97.5% on top of his game.
Which, if you're Ron Paul, is pretty dang good!

His body of work as a doctor, Congressman, independent thinker, and champion of liberty is unmatched by any contemporary person I know of.

speciallyblend
10-05-2007, 02:03 PM
did anyone youtube the forum this morning??

Bob Cochran
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
ultimately, in these situations, it comes down to the fact that 70% of winning is just showing up.

campaigning is essentially identical to touring, which my band has to do constantly. sometimes a good tour opportunity will come up, and one of your key band members falls out and can't make it, generally speaking you have to find a way to do the tour anyways, because in this day and age, you can't afford to miss it even if your performance isn't 100%...
This is not a new concept.

"The show must go on" is a time-honored axiom.

I know of one real-life example of this that made a big impression on me.

In 1980, I was involved in a concert with a famous guest artist -- Urbie Green, the great trombonist. He gave an afternoon clinic to local brass players, and a concert that evening. I was one of the backup trombone players as he was going to be playing some of the "Twenty-one Trombones" arrangements.

He told us during the clinic that his house had just burned down.

HIS HOUSE, with EVERYTHING IN IT. Wow. If it were me, I'd have been curled up in a fetal position somewhere.

Yet here he was, very far from home, doing what he had been doing since age 15, which was making a living as a trombonist.

I heard him warming up early that evening before the concert. His chops were not responding well at all. I could tell he probably hadn't been playing much for a while.

But the show went on, and he acted like nothing was wrong, though his chops still weren't responding most of the night. Still, he was able to put it all together and get through the material (ALL FROM MEMORY) like the battle-tested, consummate pro he was.

All in a days work, for a real pro.

Same with Ron Paul. The body and mind will get tired, but the character of the person shines through. Such people do not quit.

The show must go on. And it does.