01-24-2010, 01:53 PM
http://mises.org/media/4537

Jan 23 2010

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-24-2010, 02:06 PM
man Ron sounds good here.

MRoCkEd
01-24-2010, 02:21 PM
"I'm dumbfounded at airports that members of the TSA are excited to talk to me!"

"A member of the black caucus was moaning about taking care of the minority. I looked at this congresswomen and said 'you have no idea what it's like to be in the minority. Try being a libertarian in congress!'"

someperson
01-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Thank you for the link, Epic :)

RSLudlum
01-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I wonder what Mark 'the anti-statist' Levin :rolleyes: would think about RP's statement on his lone vote against the Haiti bill: Once again "it's me against the State"

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Is it me, or is Ron pushing libertarianism much more now than "Constitutionalism"? Can't wait to get home and take a listen.

Andrew-Austin
01-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Is it me, or is Ron pushing libertarianism much more now than "Constitutionalism"? Can't wait to get home and take a listen.

Well I'm only twenty minutes in but hes still talking about constitutionalism here(mentions it I mean). He doesn't hesitate to call himself a libertarian or associate himself with libertarians, but its always been like that.

---

I was intrigued by his comments about the KGB coming to power after the Soviet Union collapsed, alluding as to why we should be so wary of the CIA.

low preference guy
01-24-2010, 04:29 PM

Ron Paul's version of libertarianism is pretty much equivalent to Constitutionalism.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Well I'm only twenty minutes in but hes still talking about constitutionalism here(mentions it I mean). He doesn't hesitate to call himself a libertarian or associate himself with libertarians, but its always been like that.

---

I was intrigued by his comments about the KGB coming to power after the Soviet Union collapsed, alluding as to why we should be so wary of the CIA.

that struck me too. I guess I have something else to start reading about.

I should just write off on having a life ever again.

Andrew-Austin
01-24-2010, 05:04 PM
that struck me too. I guess I have something else to start reading about.

I should just write off on having a life ever again.

LoL don't sound so down about it, satisfying intellectual curiosities is a great part of life. Something a lot of people can't imagine well enough to appreciate.

Agorism
01-24-2010, 05:29 PM
http://mises.org/media/4537

Ron Paul addresses his vote against the Haiti resolution that was 432-1 in an hour long speech to the Mises Institute. He says that actual bill was about the right to occupy Haiti forever and start a new bases overseas.

BlackTerrel
01-24-2010, 05:45 PM
If only people could see this, rather than the "Ron Paul hates Hatians" mantra they are getting in the press.

MurrayMe
01-24-2010, 06:34 PM
I was there! :D It was a great speech! There was a campaign for liberty article earlier this week that he wrote that talked about the bill too if I'm not mistaken.

Imperial
01-24-2010, 07:09 PM
I REALLY wanted to go, and almost did. But I had a test I could not miss, so I missed the opportunity. Oh wellz.

Natalie
01-24-2010, 07:11 PM
I was there! :D It was a great speech! There was a campaign for liberty article earlier this week that he wrote that talked about the bill too if I'm not mistaken.

It was cool. Thomas Woods was a good speaker too. I thought he was really funny.

ItsTime
01-24-2010, 07:12 PM

The country is moving right, so its ok for him to do so. It helps that Brown won Mass. The whole country is now willing to shift more to the right.

Meaning states that tend to vote for neo-cons will be more apt to vote for a liberty candidate and states that normally vote for dems will vote for neo-cons. You have to be blind not to see a massive shift to the right in this country.