PDA

View Full Version : Death by Checkpoint

Anti Federalist
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah, keep on talking...that and some well worded letters of disapproval will put this right.

:mad:

Death by Checkpoint: A Murder in Massachusetts

Posted by William Grigg on January 24, 2010 11:30 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/48418.html

Kenneth Howe of Worcester, Massachusetts was beaten to death by police last November 25. This is the official conclusion by the Essex County Medical Examiner, who ruled that the official cause of death was “blunt impact of the head and torso with compression of the chest.”

It is profoundly doubtful that the killing of the 45-year-old Howe– carried out by a swarm of 10-20 tax-feeders at a “sobriety checkpoint” — will be prosecuted as a criminal offense of any kind, let alone murder.

“The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner uses the term homicide to mean a death at the hands of another,” explained the M.E.’s attorney, Jacqueline Faherty. “A medical examiner does not offer an opinion regarding criminal wrongdoing or civil liability.”

In keeping with routine procedure in any case involving the death of a helpless Mundane at the hands of the Bullies in Blue, the Medical Examiner eagerly described the victim’s cardiovascular disease as a “contributory factor” in the death.

Curiously, “contributory factors” of that kind aren’t taken into account when someone is fatally beaten or otherwise subjected to lethal violence by a gang of bullies not carrying the insignia of state “authority.”

Often, when someone dies at the hands of an assailant or assailants whose violence is sanctified by the state, we are supposed to believe that the victim wasn’t killed by the police — he just happened to die in their custody.

Thus victims of lethal Taser strikes succumbed to “excited delirium,” rather than being murdered by electro-shock torture. The assailants similarly seek to exculpate themselves when an innocent person suffering from heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, or other medical problems is beaten or suffocated to death by a police mob.

By way of contrast, when violent deaths of that kind are inflicted by commonplace criminals, the victim’s health problems — if they are mentioned at all — are taken as evidence of the exceptional viciousness of the crime.

The tacit assumption here is that police are entitled to kill anyone at any time who displays anything other than immediate, complete, unconditional submission. This is why every encounter between police and citizens is freighted with the potential for lethal violence — and why those who travel by automobile are helots on wheels.

Kenneth Howe (referred to as “Thomas” in some media accounts) was co-owner of a barbershop, a husband, and father of three children. His contributions to society were immeasurably more valuable than anything done by a tax-feeder in an “official” capacity.

He was murdered at a roadblock set up as part of a joint sobriety enforcement operation conducted by the the Andover Police Department, the Essex County Sheriff’s Office, and the Massachusetts State Police. Roadblocks of this kind offer lucrative opportunities for overtime, courtesy of federal subsidies to “mobilize” local law enforcement.

In a very real sense, Howe was a victim of the federalized Homeland Security State. He could also be considered a casualty of Leviathan’s longest and most destructive war, the federal “War on (Non-Government-Approved) Drugs.”

Police accounts say that Howe was observed making a “furtive movement” as the car in which he was a passenger approached the checkpoint. The driver says that Howe, who had been smoking a marijuana cigarette, was trying to snuff it and put on his seat belt.

When Jodi A. Gerardi, a female state trooper, approached the car, Howe told her, “It’s only a marijuana cigarette.” After being ordered from the vehicle, Howe tried to flee. The distaff tax-feeder screamed, “I’ve been assaulted” — something the driver, the only objective eyewitness, disputes. Gerardi’s account describes Howe as “releasing” a pit bull and “assaulting everyone in his path” as he fled the scene.

Eventually he was taken to the ground “where he continued to disobey orders to ‘stop resisting’ by several other officers,” Gerardi reports, reflecting the common assumption that Mundanes must patiently endure whatever abuse their tax-subsidized betters see fit to inflict on them. After being “softened up,” Howe was handcuffed and placed in leg restraints. He died at a local police barracks shortly thereafter.

“There is absolutely no way reasonable force was used in this case,” insists attorney Frances A. King, who is representing the murder victim’s widow and children. “He has handcuffs on part of that time and leg irons and [the police] are beating him to death.”

The murder of Kenneth Howe at an East Berlin-style checkpoint in Massachusetts is a sobering illustration of a principle none of us can afford to forget: While government cannot produce anything of value, it excels at making “criminals” out of innocent people, and corpses out of living human beings.

jclay2
01-24-2010, 01:28 PM
WTF....And my girlfriend wonders why I get so nervous when a cop does the u and tries to come up with an excuse to pull me over. One wrong move on these people and you will end up dead. :mad:

Oh and Thank you Anti Federalist for continually keeping us updated on these types of stories.

Anti Federalist
01-24-2010, 01:35 PM
WTF....And my girlfriend wonders why I get so nervous when a cop does the u and tries to come up with an excuse to pull me over. One wrong move on these people and you will end up dead. :mad:

Oh and Thank you Anti Federalist for continually keeping us updated on these types of stories.

You're very welcome.

I consider it a public service to prevent just what you are referring to:

Consider every interaction with state enforcers as being potentially life threatening.

Cowlesy
01-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Wife widowed and 3 kids left without a Dad over a marijuana cigarette.....

Anti Federalist
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM

Just another day in the Empire...

Awesome avatar btw, meant to comment on that before.:D

getch36
01-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Unbelievable ,Hearing stories like this really pisses me off........

jkr
01-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Savages!

ItsTime
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
I have only met one good cop in my life. The rest are corrupt mindless pigs.

Freedom 4 all
01-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Time for some strongly worded letters... also how come they never mention a cop's medical problems when they get murdered by civilians.

KCIndy
01-24-2010, 06:51 PM

Aren't you glad they're there "to protect and serve" the public??

Baptist
01-24-2010, 07:43 PM
There are no good cops.

mrsat_98
01-24-2010, 07:55 PM
There are no good cops.

If there where good cops there would be no bad cops.

Freedom 4 all
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
There are no good cops.

They exist but they're a bunch of fucking pussies to scared to stand up to the bad ones. If anyone caught 24 on Monday, that was a prime example of the dynamics between good cops and bad ones. The little Asian cop didn't want the big white one to torture Jack in handcuffs and then lie about him resisting arrest but didn't have the balls to do anything about it and let it go on for like 20 minutes.

Kylie
01-24-2010, 10:05 PM
If there where good cops there would be no bad cops.

I've used this on many a cop. They do not like it at all.

Another one: When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Always carry a camera. Video and the internet will get these things out faster into the public eye than anything. If they can use video, then we will too. And maybe if they know that everyone is looking, they will act a little more like peace officers. What sucks is that this right here shows you that most cops have no integrity. And that's who we put in charge of enforcing (with, up to and including, death) assinine laws that are made up just to make criminals out of people who are not causing harm to anyone else in the first place.

I don't see every stop as a potention life-threatening situation (I'm a little white girl), but I have no lost love for law enforcement as a whole. BTW, when did the "law enforcement" title begin? I don't remember it always being that way.

devil21
01-24-2010, 11:44 PM
I thought this thread could use some media reports of the incident. You just gotta love the way the media glosses over a brutal beating, calling 10 to 20 cops to 1 citizen an incident of "struggle".

http://wbztv.com/local/kenneth.howe.police.2.1337602.html

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/lawyer-alleges-brutality-in-massachusetts-checkpoint-death

Editorial about it, with way too many "yay for cops" comments...probably written by the assailants themselves.
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/editorials/articles/2009/12/04/in_police_custody_a_suspicious_death/

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-25-2010, 12:23 AM
You're very welcome.

I consider it a public service to prevent just what you are referring to:

Consider every interaction with state enforcers as being potentially life threatening.
I concur, I had an officer draw his gun on me because he thought my cellphone was a pistol :rolleyes:

Reason
01-25-2010, 02:07 AM
There are no good cops.

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/about/

Anti Federalist
01-25-2010, 09:44 AM
I concur, I had a goon draw his gun on me because he thought my cellphone was a pistol :rolleyes:

Fixed.

Glad you didn't get shot.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Fixed.

Glad you didn't get shot.

thanks, it was a paranoid rookie