PDA

View Full Version : Has Obama Lost White America? by Patrick J. Buchanan

bobbyw24
01-24-2010, 10:40 AM
If Republicans will study the returns from Massachusetts, then review the returns from Virginia and New Jersey, light will fall upon the path to victory over Barack Obama in 2012.

Obama defeated John McCain by winning the black vote 24 to one, the Hispanic vote two to one and taking a larger share of the white vote, 44 percent, than did John Kerry or Al Gore. As the white vote was three-fourths of the national turnout, Obama coasted to victory.

Now consider Massachusetts. In the 2008 election, no less than 79 percent of the voters were white, and Obama carried them by 20 points, winning the state 62 to 36.

How did Scott Brown turn that 26-point deficit into a six-point victory? By winning the white vote as massively as did Obama. While there are no exit polls to prove it, we do have exit polls from Virginia and New Jersey, which tend to corroborate it.

Bob McDonnell won the Virginia governor’s race by 17, while McCain lost Virginia by six. As McDonnell did equally poorly with African-Americans, losing the black vote 90 to nine, while McCain’s lost it 92 to eight, what explains his Virginia landslide?

http://www.takimag.com/article/has_obama_lost_white_america/

LibertyEagle
01-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh geez, Pat. Why did you have to turn this into a race thing. It's about IDEOLOGY.

ItsTime
01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Oh geez, Pat. Why did you have to turn this into a race thing. It's about IDEOLOGY.

Because he works for msnbc?

I heard on CNN today that rural areas are mostly made up of African Americans. They are rewriting facts and history.

They were trying to put a racial slant on stimulus money being spent mostly in cities.

ChaosControl
01-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I heard on CNN today that rural areas are mostly made up of African Americans. They are rewriting facts and history.

o_O

So CNN is changing their policy from misleading people to just flat out lying?

ItsTime
01-24-2010, 11:13 AM
o_O

So CNN is changing their policy from misleading people to just flat out lying?

I guess so I only watched for like 10mins this morning. First time in a long time.

Aratus
01-24-2010, 11:18 AM

54% of the voters voted this time. a month ago only 19% of our voters voted.
66% of our voters voted heavily for obama, so did 3% to 5% of his people sit
this one out as ms. martha coakley's menopaual "changes" was a PMS turn-off?

Anti Federalist
01-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Because he works for msnbc?

They were trying to put a racial slant on stimulus money being spent mostly in cities.

The fuck?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.jpg

The image is too big to post here, but it shows that to be false.

sofia
01-24-2010, 01:18 PM
24 out of 25 blacks voted for Obama! And the media says the "all-white" Tea Parties are "racist" cuz there arent any black folks there

bobbyw24
01-24-2010, 05:31 PM
24 out of 25 blacks voted for Obama! And the media says the "all-white" Tea Parties are "racist" cuz there arent any black folks there

Excellent point

BlackTerrel
01-24-2010, 05:44 PM
If Republicans will study the returns from Massachusetts, then review the returns from Virginia and New Jersey, light will fall upon the path to victory over Barack Obama in 2012.

Obama defeated John McCain by winning the black vote 24 to one, the Hispanic vote two to one and taking a larger share of the white vote, 44 percent, than did John Kerry or Al Gore. As the white vote was three-fourths of the national turnout, Obama coasted to victory.

Now consider Massachusetts. In the 2008 election, no less than 79 percent of the voters were white, and Obama carried them by 20 points, winning the state 62 to 36.

How did Scott Brown turn that 26-point deficit into a six-point victory?

First of all these are two different people. Scott Brown is not John McCain. Secondly I imagine voter turnout for this was far lower than the general election in 2012.

Buchanan is all about race though - always has been.

stu2002
01-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Buchanan is all about race though - always has been.

As was the 2008 election all about race for most blacks who voted for Obama--but it's okay for blacks vote based on race

payme_rick
01-24-2010, 08:09 PM
yah, was gunna bring up the black vote...

as always people need to attack issues from different slants to make their write-up unique to the ones already published... most of the time that means bringing up race in a non-race issue... typical... ruh-tarded...

Paulitician
01-25-2010, 01:53 AM
ehhh... shut up Pat.

BlackTerrel
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
As was the 2008 election all about race for most blacks who voted for Obama--but it's okay for blacks vote based on race

Most blacks also voted for Clinton. Most white Mormons voted for McCain.

You can make it about race if you want - but Buchanan claiming that Obama lost the white vote based on a completely different election with different candidates is a bit much.

If 2012 rolls around and Obama's success among white voters is considerably lower than the article would make sense.

rpfan2008
01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Mmmm.. giving fuel to Rachel Maddow.

acptulsa
01-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Seems old Pat doesn't circulate much. Disillusionment with Obama's brand of alleged 'change' doesn't seem to me to discriminate one bit. I've seen it in women, men, all races, and more than one nationality, even. It seems to be universal.

You just don't say the word 'change' forty-seven billion times during the campaign, get elected, and change exactly nothing and realistically expect people to be happy about it.

Cowlesy
01-25-2010, 02:29 PM
The fuck?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.jpg

The image is too big to post here, but it shows that to be false.

Holy Kraut! The germans have taken over from Central PA through the State of Washington!

:p