PDA

View Full Version : Should I start a "mass RP e-mail" database?

TechnoGuyRob
10-05-2007, 11:19 AM
If you guys remember Project Media Q3 (http://www.therobert.org/stuff/rpmq3/) (which is still active by the way, so make sure to contribute and I will send it out in a week!), you'll see that idea was just to send e-mail to specific journalists.

But how about something that collects as much Ron Paul fan e-mails as possible, and sends a message to a list of e-mails? For example, we could collect 20 show e-mails, and with a database of a couple hundred e-mails, we could send out a few e-mails to each show instantaneously. There would be two pages: one page for users to add their e-mail, and one page for users to send mass e-mails (which would have to be approved before they go out, to make sure it's not spam).

What do you think? This would be a really easy and quick solution to manually sending everything out. Ron Paul fans could send out whatever they want, as often as they want, to whomever they want, from many different e-mails (assuming it's not spam of course). Viable?

yongrel
10-05-2007, 11:22 AM
ooh, spiffy

kylejack
10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
You've got to make sure this doesn't get mis-managed, if you do it. We don't want every Tom Dick and Harry in this movement having access to the compiled list. We want to keep our signal:noise ratio high with these journalists.

TechnoGuyRob
10-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Of course. I doubt it would be used more than once or twice a day (with admin approval). The idea is that you could use it to send e-mails to book companies, television shows, news reporters, etc., all from one form.

kylejack
10-05-2007, 11:30 AM
That's too much, even. Once a week, maybe.

TechnoGuyRob
10-05-2007, 11:32 AM
The thing is, though, they would be going out to different groups.

RonPaulCult
10-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I've been wanting something like this for months! It's how moveon.org gets stuff done and it WORKS (think what you will about moveon.org)