PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dr. Ron Paul Hates Haitians!!! implies Dallas Newspaper

clb09
01-23-2010, 09:11 AM
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/01/ron-paul-dr-no-says-no-to-hait.html

Couple of days ago, the House voted to express its condolences to Haiti for the devastating earthquake that hit Jan. 12, commending international relief efforts, calling for a long-term U.S. commitment to rebuilding the hemisphere's poorest nation, and urging Haiti's creditors to cancel its debts.

The vote was 411-1.

The lone holdout? Rep. Ron Paul of Lake Jackson

http://www.ut4ronpaul.com/images/babeInFlag.jpg

YumYum
01-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Do you think Dr. Paul did the right thing by voting "No"?

clb09
01-23-2010, 09:20 AM

Absolutely!

99% of politicians run away from their "principles" when the going gets tough.

NOT RON PAUL!

That's why we love him :)

dr. hfn
01-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I dont follow dr. pauls reasoning...

clb09
01-23-2010, 09:22 AM

Where in the U.S. Constitution does it say that American taxpayers are responsible for subsidizing the rebuilding of a foreign sovereign nation?

dr. hfn
01-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Where in the U.S. Constitution does it say that American taxpayers are responsible for subsidizing the rebuilding of a foreign sovereign nation?

but wasnt it just expressing condolences?

zach
01-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Doesn't the bill include something about occupying Haiti also?

pcosmar
01-23-2010, 09:26 AM

I do.

Should the US Colonize and Militarize Haiti?

by Ron Paul

Before the House of Representatives, January 21, 2010, Statement in Opposition to H Res 1021, Condolences to Haiti.

I rise in reluctant opposition to this resolution. Certainly I am moved by the horrific destruction in Haiti and would without hesitation express condolences to those who have suffered and continue to suffer. As a medical doctor, I have through my career worked to alleviate the pain and suffering of others.

Unfortunately, however, this resolution does not simply express our condolences, but rather it commits the US government “to begin the reconstruction of Haiti” and affirms that “the recovery and long-term needs of Haiti will require a sustained commitment by the United States….” I do not believe that a resolution expressing our deep regret and sorrow over this tragedy should be used to commit the United States to a “long-term” occupation of Haiti during which time the US government will provide for the reconstruction of that country.

I am concerned over the possibility of an open-ended US military occupation of Haiti and this legislation does nothing to alleviate my concerns. On the contrary, when this resolution refers to the need for a long-term US plan for Haiti, I see a return to the failed attempts by the Clinton and Bush Administrations to establish Haiti as an American protectorate. Already we are seeing many argue that this kind of humanitarian mission is a perfect fit for the US military. I do not agree.

Certainly I would support and encourage the efforts of the American people to help the people of Haiti at this tragic time. I believe that the American people are very generous on their own and fear that a US government commitment to reconstruct Haiti may actually discourage private contributions. Mr. Speaker, already we see private US citizens and corporations raising millions of dollars for relief and reconstruction of Haiti. I do not believe the US government should get in the way of these laudable efforts. I do express my condolences but I unfortunately must urge my colleagues to vote against this resolution committing the United States government to rebuild Haiti.

Not exactly.

AbsoFRIGGIN"lutly

clb09
01-23-2010, 09:28 AM

In Congress expressing condolences often leads to spending my money...

Liberty Star
01-23-2010, 09:36 AM
RP was one of the very few people in Congress who spoke against wars based on lies that resulted in killing/maiming of hundreds of thousands of innocent children and civilians in other countries, probably the most morally upright and principled politician of our times.

Southron
01-23-2010, 10:01 AM
411-1.

That's how outnumbered we are in Congress.

Votes like this are a true test of principles.

Liberty Star
01-23-2010, 10:04 AM
411-1.

That's how outnumbered we are in Congress.

Votes like this are a true test of principles.

Not quite that.

Look at the votes for Fed audit, votes against foreign occupations, votes for smaller gov, votes for less intrusive gov etc.

There has been gradual progress.. even if influence of anti american and parasite lobbies is still too strong on our congress.

YumYum
01-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Then why is Dr. Paul endorsing incumbent Republicans in Texas who he doesn't agree with? Isn’t that selling out his principles? His voting “No” on this bill will be used against him by his opponents that he is uncaring.

payme_rick
01-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Hell I'd vote no in protest of spending time voting on stuff like that...

that's one thing I don't get... why do they have to vote to honor the 2010 Nat'l Champion Alabama Crimson Tide? and not just the vote, but waste another 30+ minutes of time that could be spent on something else so that a rep from Oregon can suck up to his friends in Alabama by giving a 5 minute speech on the toughness required to finish a season 14-0... then another rep from another state comes in for 5 minutes and says the same thing... then another, then another and finally one from Alabama... then is passes...

"Today the House voted to express their opinion that: it sucks when a basketball deflates after not using it for a month or two... then you have to go buy a pump so you can play basketball but instead you just buy another basketball because it costs about the same as the pump... this is a bummer"

Bruno
01-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Lots of discussion already covered here. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=227644

How many billions of dollars and years of our involvement in rebuilding do 7, 8, and 9 commit to?

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--
(1) expresses its deepest condolences and sympathy for the horrific loss of life and the physical and psychological damage caused by the earthquake of January 12, 2010;
(2) expresses solidarity with Haitians, Haitian Americans, and all those who have lost loved ones or have otherwise been affected by the tragedy, including United States Embassy personnel, United Nations peacekeepers, and humanitarian workers;
(3) commends the efforts and honors the sacrifice of the men and women of the Government of Haiti, the United States Government, the United Nations, and the international community in their immediate response to those affected by this calamity;
(4) commends the efforts of the American people, including the Haitian-American community, to provide relief to families, friends, and unknown peoples suffering in the country;
(5) supports the efforts of the Administration to provide and coordinate international humanitarian assistance and to provide relief to affected communities;
(6) expresses support for the recovery and long-term reconstruction needs of Haiti;
(7) recognizes that the recovery and long-term needs of Haiti will require a sustained commitment by the United States and international community based on comprehensive assessments of the development needs for Haiti;
(8) urges those who hold debt against Haiti, including the Inter-American Development Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and all other regional and international institutions and countries, to immediately suspend further debt payments, and to develop processes to cancel all remaining debt; and
(9) urges the President--
(A) to continue to make available to United States agencies, nongovernmental organizations, private voluntary organizations, regional institutions, and United Nations agencies the resources necessary to confront the effects and consequences of this natural disaster;
(B) to provide, when the emergency subsides, assistance in partnership with the Government of Haiti and in coordination with other donors to begin the reconstruction of Haiti;
(C) to undertake comprehensive assessments of the long-term needs for recovery and development in Haiti, ensure transparency and accountability, and lead coordination efforts with international actors who share in the goal of a better future for Haiti and are willing to support the costs of meeting those needs; and
(D) to utilize new and innovative thinking in providing long-term assistance to Haiti, including tapping into the insight and immense potential of the Haitian Diaspora, to help Haitians rebuild upon the strongest possible foundation, in order to promote a stable and sustainable future for Haiti.

Bruno
01-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Then why is Dr. Paul endorsing incumbent Republicans in Texas who he doesn't agree with? Isn’t that selling out his principles? His voting “No” on this bill will be used against him by his opponents that he is uncaring.

No, he isn't selling out. Ron has voted against such resolutions in the past because they are in violation of the constitution, an argument he is very capable of defending.

Voting for the Bill because it might be used against him and he might be seen as uncaring would have been selling out.

awake
01-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Oppressive Government policies and universal corruption in Haiti placed those people in a position to not be able to protect themselves. It is a lesson to us all; that capitalism, if destroyed, will place us all in the same defenseless situation.

Welfare; (foreign aid) is truly evil - It is a weapon more deadly than any bomb, it teaches populations to remain dependent on the confiscation of life sustaining labor of others and to look to governments (thiefs) for their the sustainability of their lives.

FrankRep
01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
UnConstitutional Bill.

H. RES. 1021
Expressing condolences to and solidarity with the people of Haiti in the aftermath of the devastating earthquake of January 12, 2010.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc111/hr1021_ih.xml

(5) supports the efforts of the Administration to provide and coordinate international humanitarian assistance and to provide relief to affected communities;

(6) expresses support for the recovery and long-term reconstruction needs of Haiti;

(8) urges those who hold debt against Haiti, including the Inter-American Development Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and all other regional and international institutions and countries, to immediately suspend further debt payments, and to develop processes to cancel all remaining debt; and

(9) urges the President—

(A) to continue to make available to United States agencies, nongovernmental organizations, private voluntary organizations, regional institutions, and United Nations agencies the resources necessary to confront the effects and consequences of this natural disaster;

(B) to provide, when the emergency subsides, assistance in partnership with the Government of Haiti and in coordination with other donors to begin the reconstruction of Haiti;

(C) to undertake comprehensive assessments of the long-term needs for recovery and development in Haiti, ensure transparency and accountability, and lead coordination efforts with international actors who share in the goal of a better future for Haiti and are willing to support the costs of meeting those needs; and

(D) to utilize new and innovative thinking in providing long-term assistance to Haiti, including tapping into the insight and immense potential of the Haitian Diaspora, to help Haitians rebuild upon the strongest possible foundation, in order to promote a stable and sustainable future for Haiti.

ItsTime
01-23-2010, 11:47 AM

Because you did not read the bill. The bill also calls for Obama to ask for unlimited funds for unlimited amount of time to help "rebuild" Haiti and make it a viable country.

dannno
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM

No, he's following the rules that were made up that if not followed would severely cripple his ability to serve in congress.

Voting "No" on a bill doesn't have any major consequence beyond not receiving special interest money from Starbucks and those who are going to profit from the rebuilding of Haiti.

payme_rick
01-23-2010, 11:51 AM
UnConstitutional Bill.

H. RES. 1021
Expressing condolences to and solidarity with the people of Haiti in the aftermath of the devastating earthquake of January 12, 2010.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc111/hr1021_ih.xml

(9) urges the President—

I assume the unconstitutional part you are referring to is the part you highlighted... which brings me to question: Is it unconstitutional for congress to "urge" people to do things? honest question...

FrankRep
01-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I assume the unconstitutional part you are referring to is the part you highlighted... which brings me to question: Is it unconstitutional for congress to "urge" people to do things? honest question...
I highlighted a part I thought was interesting, but the "supports the efforts of the Administration to provide and coordinate international humanitarian assistance and to provide relief to affected communities" I find to be outside the realm of the Constitution.

ItsTime
01-23-2010, 12:06 PM
I would not my congressperson to urge the president to SPEND MY TAX MONEY on any other country but our own.

payme_rick
01-23-2010, 12:08 PM
I highlighted a part I thought was interesting, but the "supports the efforts of the Administration to provide and coordinate international humanitarian assistance and to provide relief to affected communities" I find to be outside the realm of the Constitution.

gotcha

DapperDan
01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Ron Paul did the right thing.

All this legislation does is put the burden of Haiti rebuilding onto us. More money out the door (money we don't have).

More nation occupation! Hooray empire!

lester1/2jr
01-23-2010, 02:54 PM
YouTube - Christina Aguilera cantando "Lift Me Up" en Hope For Haiti Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDcVWsCVPhE&feature=related)

christina aguilera from the haiti benefit last night. this is the way to do it, not coercian

phill4paul
01-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Never have I been so compelled to give unto fellow man, in the interest of humanity and compassion, than when at gun point and through intimidation to loss of life and property.

MurrayMe
01-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah, he did do the right thing.

DamianTV
01-23-2010, 03:17 PM
RP's thoughts were probably something like this:

Sorry you had an earthquake. But lets not use it as an excuse and pass a bill to allow our politicians to wreck your country even further.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-23-2010, 03:21 PM
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/01/ron-paul-dr-no-says-no-to-hait.html

http://www.ut4ronpaul.com/images/babeInFlag.jpg

Which is the problem. One certainly won't ever be reading a headline that reads, "Stop The Presses! Dallas lone newspaper admits to being politically bias towards the majority of its readers!"
Add local papers being bought up by national companies along with the local papers going out of business because of the internet and one has all the ingredients for bias towards lobbying the Federal government. I mean, that is what they need to do to keep themselves in business.

BlackTerrel
01-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Hell I'd vote no in protest of spending time voting on stuff like that...

that's one thing I don't get... why do they have to vote to honor the 2010 Nat'l Champion Alabama Crimson Tide? and not just the vote, but waste another 30+ minutes of time that could be spent on something else so that a rep from Oregon can suck up to his friends in Alabama by giving a 5 minute speech on the toughness required to finish a season 14-0... then another rep from another state comes in for 5 minutes and says the same thing... then another, then another and finally one from Alabama... then is passes...

"Today the House voted to express their opinion that: it sucks when a basketball deflates after not using it for a month or two... then you have to go buy a pump so you can play basketball but instead you just buy another basketball because it costs about the same as the pump... this is a bummer"

Hahahaah well said.

phill4paul
01-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Hahahaah well said.

Hahahaah..that is why we are fooked.

CharlesTX
01-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Actually, I heard him speak today at the Mises convention here in Houston.

He contended that the bill, which someone posted earlier, was open ended, and that the bill included an indefinite occupation by our military in Haiti. And of course we all know his position on our imperialistic use of military stationed all around the world. He did not want our resources (military and otherwise) to be used yet again in another country for an unspecified amount of time.

Bravo, Dr. Paul. :)

Pepsi
01-23-2010, 09:13 PM

Yes

Aid piling up at UN's 'cold beer' compound as red tape keeps aid from desperate Haitians - while UN staff have wi-fi and a bar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1245620/Aid-piling-UNs-cold-beer-compound-red-tape-keeps-aid-desperate-Haitians--UN-staff-wi-fi-bar.html#ixzz0dUo4NZAQ