PDA

View Full Version : Ny-20

Nathan Hale
01-22-2010, 07:27 PM
NY-20 is a traditionally conservative district in New York. The seat is currently held by freshman Scott Murphy, who replaced Kirsten Gillibrand (another D who was just starting her 2nd term when Hillary vacated the Senate and TPTB pushed her into the seat). Murphy is weak, a full-on Obamite. He only won, in my opinion, because the GOP's chosen candidate was a lifer in the state legislature (and in NY, there is nothing more corrupt than a lot of time in Albany).

Do we have anybody in NY-20 who wants a shot at Murphy?

oilboiler
01-23-2010, 10:32 AM
NY 20 had a Ron Paul republican in the primary in 2008, and may run again in 2010 - John Wallace.

http://www.teapartyrep.com/

Nathan Hale
01-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah....I was talking about a serious candidate. People who open their web site with a personal quote, attributed, and include the CFR in their issues list fail to impress me. His 2008 attempt didn't help. Is there a candidate out there who is already plugged in to a political network that is capable of launching a campaign that could keep up with a well-funded establishment candidate?

Wiseburn
02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
NY State C4L Coordinator Steven Vasquez lives in the district. He ran in the open seat election in NY 21 in 2008. Also in the district is former LP candidate Eric Sundwall. He is the campaign manager for NY Gubernatorial Candidate Warren Redlich.

Nathan Hale
02-03-2010, 09:21 PM
NY State C4L Coordinator Steven Vasquez lives in the district. He ran in the open seat election in NY 21 in 2008. Also in the district is former LP candidate Eric Sundwall. He is the campaign manager for NY Gubernatorial Candidate Warren Redlich.

I remember liking Vasquez. Sundwall I don't think is a good fit.