PDA

View Full Version : Oh - SNAP!!!! 24 hours can REALLY make your day!

Sematary
10-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I gotta tell you, the last 24 hours have been incredibly exciting for me. I've met and talked to more people than I thought was possible that already know of, and support, Ron Paul. Here's my story:

Yesterday, I was on my first delivery of the day and one of the several young men sitting in the room asked me if I was the guy with all the Ron Paul stuff all over my car? I was like "You know Ron Paul?". Amongst the cacophony of "of course" and "Ron Paul rulez!" was one guy saying "He's the only Republican candidate worth a damn."
They were young, so I asked them "you're all registered Republican?". A chorus of "yes" and then "And you're all going to vote in the primaries?" Another "Yes". Excellent! So we chatted about Ron Paul for a few minutes and how they had been handing out literature but needed more and were trying to figure out where to get it. I told them I had plenty and they could get some from me anytime.

The second encounter happened this morning. My dog was going nuts because there was someone at the downstairs door. So I was on my way out and the woman at the door was asking me where she could get one of those Ron Paul revolution banners that I had on the house. I told Her I could give her one and we started talking as I gave her the banner, and various types of literature and my contact info. So I asked where she had heard of Ron Paul, because I never see anyone (or rarely) who is as active as I try to be. Turns out that she found out about Ron Paul from a slimjim which had been placed on her car. I asked her where and when she told me I knew it was one that I had placed on her car and she had come LOOKING for me because of that slimjim. :D

My final story for this 24 hour period comes from my dentist's office - where I was heading when this lady knocked on my door. I was talking to the hygienist and she was lamenting the fact that today's generation seemed awfully, well, lazy. That's when I jumped in about Ron Paul. She not only knew about him but had seen him in the debates and was impressed with him and liked "his message". Needless to say. My day has been made. :D

kylejack
10-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Imagine the show 24's counter counting down, interspersed with positive Ron Paul media...that could be a fun Youtube idea.

wolv275
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
nice. us RP-holics need our daily fix

Sematary
10-05-2007, 10:55 AM
nice. us RP-holics need our daily fix

Not only that, but I'm glad to see that in my little neck of the woods there are people who are knowledgeable and support his candidacy. It's really exciting me. ;)

bbachtung
10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
What is your neck of the woods, Sematary?

eloquensanity
10-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I think there is a lot of 'closet' support out there and they are starting to come out after he was all over MSM.

Most people are worried that their friends might think they are nuts but now that they have seen how so many others believe they are going to come out more and more. JMO:)

Sematary
10-05-2007, 12:11 PM
What is your neck of the woods, Sematary?

I live in the corner of Ct. that borders MA. and RI
So - an hour west of Hartford
and hour east of boston
45 minutes from Providence
I can be in one of three states in any 5 minute period. :-)
Unfortunately, not a whole lot of people live here. well, maybe that's a good thing. :D