PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to the (Newly Resurrected) GOP

Elwar
01-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Newly Resurrected GOP,

In the wake of Scott Brown’s stunning win in Massachussets, I congratulate Brown’s grassroot initiative for saving you from the political wilderness for a generation and generating a bullet trains’ momentum for a center-right political resurgence.

Now, what are you going to do with that momentum?

I’m sure you’re aware of some of the factors contributing to Brown’s win. For instance, you’ve gloated crowed about noticed the widespread opposition to Democrat-proposed healthcare legislation.

But have you noticed the fact that the following issues – your signature issues – played no significant role in Sen. Brown’s win.

Abortion
Same-Sex Marriage (DOMA)
Increasing Military Spending
War on Drugs Marijuana
War on Terror
Immigration
Afghanistan
Iran
UN
Loving Sarah Palin
Next question: have you noticed that Sen. Brown, described by some as the “new face“of the GOP, is relatively liberal?

What I’m trying to tell you is that Brown’s win was, unsurprisingly, about the economy. Let me be clear, Brown’s win was not a referendum on your social policies. But Brown’s win does open an opportunity for you to change your social policies.

http://duelingbarstools.com/2010/01/open-letter-to-the-newly-resurrected-gop/

nate895
01-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Abortion may not have played a big role in the Brown election, but that issue is swinging in the pro-life position's favor. It might not be on the forefront of every person in the electorate's minds, but I think it is one of those key issues that really shows the direction the country is heading in politically. The two different positions represent fundamental differences as to where values come from for the majority of the electorate.