PDA

View Full Version : Cindy McCain comes out for gay marriage

Krugerrand
01-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Cindy McCain comes out for gay marriage, poses for anti-Prop 8 ad

Throughout his career, Sen. John McCain has been a staunch opponent of same-sex marriage. He opposed it during his 2008 presidential campaign and was vocal in his support for California's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in the state. His family, however, is increasingly on the other side of this hot-button issue.

read on here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100121/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1066;_ylt=AiSSVYfbyPDJOf2PlQKzOVJg.3QA;_yl u=X3oDMTE1NjJqYnU4BHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bi1jaGFubmVsBHNs awNjaW5keW1jY2FpbmM-

I'm not trying to discuss if Prop 8 is good or bad. My question ... why Cindy McCain? She's not really liked by anybody. The conservatives don't like her. I never heard positive things about her from liberals. This seems like a poor way to promote one's idea.

nate895
01-22-2010, 08:16 AM
The "moderates" (i.e., the ones who can't make up their minds and screw up every election because they still vote) like her.

MelissaWV
01-22-2010, 08:50 AM
read on here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100121/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1066;_ylt=AiSSVYfbyPDJOf2PlQKzOVJg.3QA;_yl u=X3oDMTE1NjJqYnU4BHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bi1jaGFubmVsBHNs awNjaW5keW1jY2FpbmM-

I'm not trying to discuss if Prop 8 is good or bad. My question ... why Cindy McCain? She's not really liked by anybody. The conservatives don't like her. I never heard positive things about her from liberals. This seems like a poor way to promote one's idea.

I suppose the thinking is "wow! She was almost First Republican, or whatever! And she likes gay people!" :rolleyes: Or maybe it's that she doesn't look half-bad with perfect lighting, airbrushing, and a big swatch of duct tape over her mouth.

Krugerrand
01-22-2010, 09:47 AM
I suppose the thinking is "wow! She was almost First Republican, or whatever! And she likes gay people!" :rolleyes: Or maybe it's that she doesn't look half-bad with perfect lighting, airbrushing, and a big swatch of duct tape over her mouth.

:D I'll go with #2.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100121/capt.4fa9b1aab66847d3aead19d43ba9b92c.cindy_mccain _gay_marriage_la106.jpg?x=345&y=345&q=85&sig=2i87UROft_DteQDb7YNKug--

Annihilia
01-22-2010, 10:02 AM
WTF is up with her eyes and makeup.

She looks demon possessed.

Aratus
01-22-2010, 10:10 AM
she's hypothetically running for public office!
dick cheney set the bar high for the g.o.p!!!

TonySutton
01-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Gay marriage is the perfect opportunity to talk about why the government should not be involved in anyone's marriage.

BlackTerrel
01-22-2010, 05:02 PM

Well it's not just her. They've had hundreds (maybe thousands) of celebrities pose for their campaign.

I think with Cindy McCain it's a pretty big win for them. She's considered a conservative and someone on the Republican side of things - so for her to side with them is a win. It also gets them a lot of attention to their cause, it's in the news and we're even discussing it on this forum. We don't do the same when Britney Spears (who is far more famous) poses for their campaign.