PDA

View Full Version : James Jackson @ TakiMag: Survival of the Fattest

Cowlesy
01-22-2010, 07:31 AM
http://www.takimag.com/article/survival_of_the_fattest/

A process of reverse evolution is in train. It is no longer the fittest or the brightest, the fastest or the best, who survive and thrive in our contemporary jungle. It is the moronic and the bovine, the fattest and the least productive, who are cosseted and subsidized and excused their behavior. Because of it, they breed. After all, sex is free and the State will ever pick up the pieces. Collect £200 and Get out of Jail for free. While the benighted and exploited middle-classes pay their tax, marry late, and have fewer children, the underclass procreates with abandon. They have every reason, and no reason not to.

Rather than imbue an ethic of hard work, discipline, and responsibility, through a process of handouts and hand-wringing we have promoted instead a culture in which it pays to be a dropout and where a man need not lift a finger (let alone a pick, shovel, mallet, chisel, or spanner) in order to earn a wage. Crack, smack, and street-robbery are so much more rewarding. Whoever imagined nothing is for free was profoundly wrong. The underclass not only rejects the notion there is nobility in work, it cannot actually see the point.

Lots more at the link.

angelatc
01-22-2010, 07:35 AM
I think the poorer classes have always had the tendency to have bigger families.

I suspect that from a Darwinist view, having more offspring would increase the odds of the family genes being passed along.

Cowlesy
01-22-2010, 07:39 AM
I think the poorer classes have always had the tendency to have bigger families.

I suspect that from a Darwinist view, having more offspring would increase the odds of the family genes being passed along.

That's a really good point. Basic survival instinct over prudence.