PDA

View Full Version : Call Rush on Open Line Friday!

erowe1
10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
It's Open Line Friday on Limbaugh.

It would be great if we can get a Ron Paul caller on. To do this, we need multiple people to try. These need to be people who are willing to spend a long time speed dialing over and over and then waiting on hold for at least an hour.

The number is 1-800-282-2882

It's not a place where you want to make the war the single issue. Instead talk about Paul's limited govt., low tax, constitutional, culturally conservative message. Talk about how of all the Republicans, Paul is the only one bringing this message that reflects the William F. Buckley brand of conservatism that Limbaugh loves. Try to get Limbaugh to say good things about Paul.

This is a way to get Limbaugh listeners to take a second look at Paul. Some will join us.

paulitics
10-05-2007, 10:16 AM
great idea. Come on guys, Rush's audience is enormous.

EvoPro
10-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Tell the screener you're a "long time ditto head, first time caller." or something like that. lol. and then to Rush say "Megaditto's Rush!"

erowe1
10-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Agreed. But don't try to tell the screener one thing and then say something different when you get on. You have to be honest about what you want to say.

If you want to Bush bash, then only do it on the issue of out of control domestic spending. He and his audience will go along with you on that. But don't go on the attack against neocons.

paulitics
10-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Megga dittos, long time listener. I would start of by saying your on the fence about the candidates but Ron Paul seems interesting.

erowe1
10-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Or to make your point relevant, mention the 3Q fund raising surprise. And ask why is it that he's starting to make inroads with the GOP after having been such a long shot outsider for so long.

eloquensanity
10-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Start out by telling Rush he is a wonderful patriotic American (exactly what he says about himself LOL). He'll love it and let you speak and will especially like it if you speak negatively about Hillary's health care plan and all the other big welfare programs. :D

EvoPro
10-05-2007, 11:33 AM
If he says, "but his foreign policy is wrong."
You could say "Ron Paul believes in a strong military and is very pro-war, but only when it is a necessary/defensive war. Afghanistan was the defensive part and it was botched."

erowe1
10-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Or say, "Look, whatever you initially thought about the war and what it's original justification was, you have to admit that all we're doing there now is the same kind of nation-building that we conservatives don't believe in. We're propping up a big centralized federal government in Iraq when we supposedly don't even like the bigness of the central federal government we have here. The citizens in Iraq aren't given the right to bear arms, freedom of speech and of the press, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion (the official religion there is Islam, when it used to be a secular nation--Christians are oppressed now more than they used to be). Their government isn't built on a federalist model. They don't have fair trials. And we're supposed to be all excited about how free they are because we see pictures of old ladies with purple fingers because they vote--who cares about women's suffrage when the place is 0 for 10 on the Bill of Rights?"

I think that way of looking at Iraq will resonate with a lot of old-school conservatives.

erowe1
10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I just realized it's almost 3:00 already. Did anybody do this? I haven't been able to listen.

purplechoe
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I just realized it's almost 3:00 already. Did anybody do this? I haven't been able to listen.

I'm curious myself, anyone?

erowe1
10-05-2007, 03:17 PM
I think I was a little late on suggesting this today. Is this something people would make a point to do next week? I think it's a great idea to plan ahead and try to coordinate a handful of volunteers.