PDA

View Full Version : There He Goes Again: Republican Leaders Need to Denounce Rep. Ron Paul

0zzy
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
I responded to this:

diplomatdc.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/there-he-goes-again-republican-leaders-need-to-denounce-rep-ron-paul-r-tx-by-gregory-hilton/#comment-141

I know I shouldn't have, a waste of time, blah blah blah, but I really have no life and I wanted to write something :).

1) Ron Paul has never justified the actions of terrorist. He has always stated what the CIA has already confirmed, that foreign policy creates blowback and unintended consequences that hurt American citizens in the long run. To disagree with Paul on this argument is to disagree with the CIA, including former chief of the bin laden unit Michael Scheuer who came out and supported Ron Paul on this issue.

2) The CIA does do the things that he listed. One main example was conducting the 1953 coup in Iran to overthrow the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddeq and put in place the dictator Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, which resulted in blowback via the 1979 Iranian Revolution. To praise such actions (and the many actions they have conducted over the yearS) simply because they hide behind the American flag is ridiculous. The government may represent the USA, but the citizenry should not be a nation of sheep.

3) The Patriot Act and Homeland Security are unneeded and trample upon civil liberties. The very fact that we have a department to save the "Homeland" should disgust any "conservative" who knows their history. The 9/11 attacks could have been prevented, but due to ineptness of big government, was not. To create even bigger government is an insane idea.

4) Leaving NATO, WTO, and the UN are very conservative principles who abstain from international governance and prefer local government as the founds did. Also, he never said end aid to just Israel, he said end aid period. Israel is one of the wealthiest nations in the Middle East, with several hundred nukes at their disposal. They will do find without us giving them weapons.

5) Ron Paul is not an isolationist. An isolationist is one who does not believe in immigration, trading, travel or dipolomacy. Paul encourages all except bombing other nations and giving them taxpayer aid when we can't even afford it. There is a difference.

6) You seem to want to convince your audience that Ron Paul believes the notion that 9/11 was an inside job. That is farce. As for the Moveon.org funding and production of his ads, can you give me a source rather than randomly making remarks like that (as I have never heard anything about this)?

7) Ron Paul doesn't vote for any type of resolution like the ones you listed. It's based on principle, not antisemitism (which you imply throughout this article).

Your last sentence makes me laugh a little. You plea to the national Republican leaders (whoever they may be!) to condemn him for radical and dangerous statements, yet you have not put one quote about Ron Paul in this entire article. I am not an English major, but you apparently will to make any valid arguments and have only a preconceived agenda to trash a man who you refuse to listen to.

I know he quoted him, he will (if he allows my post) argue that very tiny point out of my whole argument, and he will think he wins. it's an internet thing. but whatevers.

devil21
01-21-2010, 11:26 PM
This is related to Rand how?

0zzy
01-21-2010, 11:35 PM
This is related to Rand how?

its not. im dumb.
repost.
somewhere.
else.

:[