PDA

View Full Version : Spector to Bachmann: "Act like a lady."

rprprs
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow.
I don't care what you think of either of these two characters, this is amazing. And I can assure you, you haven't heard the end of this story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/21/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6126494.shtml

The Patriot
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow.
I don't care what you think of either of these two characters, this is amazing. And I can assure you, you haven't heard the end of this story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/21/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6126494.shtml

Bachmann is an idiot, "I voted for prosperity". She couldn't name one bill she voted for or against, just like Palin can't name a SC case other than Roe V wade she disagreed with. I dislike Specter and Bachmann but I can't blame Specter for getting short with her.

cpike
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm surprised how much Bachmann's stock has risen nationally. She's not perfect, but I haven't heard her talk about the war and other non-liberty stances that she has held on marriage and drugs for example. I'm hoping her time with Paul and Woods has got her shifting, if so she could be a great ally. I just want her to come out against the expansion in Afganistan and I would feel very good.

cpike
01-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Bachmann is an idiot, "I voted for prosperity". She couldn't name one bill she voted for or against, just like Palin can't name a SC case other than Roe V wade she disagreed with. I dislike Specter and Bachmann but I can't blame Specter for getting short with her.

When did she have a chance to vote FOR prosperity. By being one of the FEW republicans AGAINST the bailouts she in a sense did vote FOR prosperity. Just like Paul today with the Haiti vote. I do appreciate her slipping in the monetary policy into her response.

The Patriot
01-21-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm surprised how much Bachmann's stock has risen nationally. She's not perfect, but I haven't heard her talk about the war and other non-liberty stances that she has held on marriage and drugs for example. I'm hoping her time with Paul and Woods has got her shifting, if so she could be a great ally. I just want her to come out against the expansion in Afganistan and I would feel very good.

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=54675

She supports both wars. She is just another Neo Conservative masquerading as a "Tea Party patriot".

She is an idiot, why would she be a good ally?

The Patriot
01-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Bachmann Reacts to President's Speech on Afghanistan

Washington, D.C., Dec 1, 2009 - U.S. Representative Michele Bachmann released the the following statement after President Obama delivered an address in which he called for a new strategy involving 30,000 additional U.S. forces in Afghanistan:

"After several long months of deliberation, I'm pleased that the President has not turned his back on Afghanistan. As the President has said, the war in Afghanistan is a war of necessity. However, I sincerely hope that the President is truly committed to victory. While it’s important to acknowledge that U.S. forces will not be in Afghanistan forever, we must not have a concrete time line for withdrawal as it will ultimately hurt our effort and energize our enemies.

"Clearly, it’s in the vital interests of the United States to defeat the Taliban, destroy Al Qaeda, and establish a free, sovereign Afghanistan that can govern and look after its own people. Anything less and we’re guaranteeing almost certain instability and chaos in the region. But going forward, we must be in it to win it because if we engage in this effort halfheartedly, then the war is already lost."

http://bachmann.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=157581

cpike
01-21-2010, 08:51 PM

She supports both wars. She is just another Neo Conservative masquerading as a "Tea Party patriot".

If you look you would also notice that she hasn't voted for any Defense spending since spending time with Paul and Woods. I think she's shifting, I'm not positive, but I think she is.

People can change, heck I used to be a full-fledged neo-con before I woke up.

parocks
01-21-2010, 08:57 PM

Amazing, people for smaller government are taking Arlen Specters side over Michelle Bachmanns.

easycougar
01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Amazing, people for smaller government are taking Arlen Specters side over Michelle Bachmanns.

agreed...almost every fucking post in this thread disses Bachmann. Arlen Specter must be on the side of liberty,

squarepusher
01-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Fox news all. over. this.

Todd
01-21-2010, 09:31 PM

It looks like she got one of the highest freedom index scores... Only Dr. Paul get's 100's :confused:

Lately I'm becoming leary of all these newbies. They sound like RINO shills

haaaylee
01-21-2010, 09:32 PM
So sick of people dissing people that are trying to be educated, especially ones like Bachmann who are getting it straight from Ron Paul himself. If she was a full on neo-con why the hell would she waste her time at Ron's lunches? Why would she be reading the books Paul/Woods have told her to read?

Its like being a Christian and giving everyone who isn't Jesus a hard time.
(even if they are holding a bible)

Bossobass
01-21-2010, 09:37 PM

+1 ^^^

Arlen-magic bullet 'theory', turncoat POS-Spector... what next?

If I had a dime for every time that moron used the 'Don't interrupt me' horse shit, I'd be retired on an island. UGH.

Bosso

anaconda
01-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Arlen "Warren Commission" Spector?

But yes, the fact that Bachmann didn't itemize a bill or two is discouraging and looked bad.

parocks
01-21-2010, 09:40 PM
It looks like she got one of the highest freedom index scores... Only Dr. Paul get's 100's :confused:

Lately I'm becoming leary of all these newbies. They sound like RINO shills

Arlen is a Democrat now.

Todd
01-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Arlen is a Democrat now.

Forgot that point...

parocks
01-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Forgot that point...

They would be Dem shills.

jkr
01-21-2010, 09:59 PM
walk like a man

Ricky201
01-22-2010, 12:14 AM
I hate to say it...but I have a gut feeling the Republican ticket is going to be Sarah Palin/Michelle Bachmann in 2012. GIRL POWER!

Ugh...I think I vomited in my mouth a little bit.

dgr
01-22-2010, 12:27 AM
So where did Spector talk about an issue, other than hurling an insult, to distract from the subject?
Wouldn't you rather have a person, who with the right information would change their mind, than a person who thinks he is so right he doesn't even need the subject let alone the details.
Why weren't all these liberals screaming about Obama, increasing a war to end a war, now there is logic for you

anaconda
01-22-2010, 12:48 AM
I hate to say it...but I have a gut feeling the Republican ticket is going to be Sarah Palin/Michelle Bachmann in 2012. GIRL POWER!

Ugh...I think I vomited in my mouth a little bit.

And the associated book burning parties?

devil21
01-22-2010, 02:52 AM
There was a short period where RP apparently took Bachmann under his wing but that seemed to disappear as quickly as it started. She said a few good things then kinda went back to being a regular crap Republican politician.

Now we're back to personality politics instead of focusing on the issues.

TheConstitutionLives
01-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Bachmann didn't answer his question and wouldn't let him speak. I dont care for either one but Michelle should've shut the pie-hole if she can't specifically answer the question he's asking. Arlen was right in this confrontation. She wasn't being very curteous and she was giving the audience the typical politi-speak. "I voted for prosperity"???? Answer the question. What's the name of the bill you voted for?