PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Party: Who is Adam Kokesh to Lecture Anyone on Corruption?

Flash
01-21-2010, 07:20 PM
That’s how the Democratic Party Of New Mexico has responded to GOP congressional hopeful Adam Kokesh’s comments about U.S. Rep. Ben Ray Lujan and his father Ben Lujan, the speaker of the New Mexico state House.

On Wednesday, The New Mexico Independent reported that Kokesh had accused the speaker of corruption and bribery–without offering any specific proof of those charges.

“The people of the New Mexico’s Third Congressional District elected Congressman Ben Ray Lujan because they knew he would stand up for them – by taking on insurance companies, credit card companies and Wall Street banks,” Democratic Party Executive Director Scott Forrester said in a statement e-mailed to The Independent.

“Speaker Ben Lujan has spent his life working as a strong public servant for New Mexico families – while laboring to ensure all New Mexicans have access to a excellent education, a good job and a better way of life,” Forrester wrote. “Unfortunately, Adam Kokesh is The Kokesh family has been surrounded by controversy, raising questions of fraud and abuse. Mr. Kokesh’s father was recently indicted for defrauding people out of their savings, and several legal suits have been brought upon the family by organizations representing those victims attempting to recover their hard earned money.

“While Congressman Lujan and Speaker Lujan have spent their lives working to improve the lives of New Mexicans families – and ensure that criminals such as Bernie Madoff are put behind bars – the Kokesh family has allegedly been working hard to do just the opposite. Who is Adam Kokesh to lecture ANYONE on corruption?” Forrester asked.

http://newmexicoindependent.com/44739/dpnm-who-is-adam-kokesh-to-lecture-anyone-on-corruption

libertybrewcity
01-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Does the Kokesh family have a criminal background? JW

torchbearer
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Does the Kokesh family have a criminal background? JW

i think his dad has some issues, but adam is not his father- just as peter is not his father.

MR2Fast2Catch
01-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Well that article's not biased at all! *sarcrasm*

Mind you, we are supporting Adam-who is running for Congress, not his father, so this article is irrelevant.

I should say though, the fact that the Democrat opposition is taking shots at Adam this early shows that they recognize him as a potential threat. This is a good thing.

Flash
01-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Well that article's not biased at all! *sarcrasm*

Mind you, we are supporting Adam-who is running for Congress, not his father, so this article is irrelevant.

I should say though, the fact that the Democrat opposition is taking shots at Adam this early shows that they recognize him as a potential threat. This is a good thing.

I was thinking the same thing. I think this is the first attack the local Democratic Party has launched against Kokesh. May be after Brown's victory they are nervous.

But I do have one question, what has this incumbent done that was so corrupt? I don't know much about the guy except him being a pro-war Democrat.

klamath
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
I hope Adam has the info to back up the corruption claims.

Todd
01-21-2010, 09:19 PM
i think his dad has some issues, but adam is not his father- just as peter is not his father.

Then wouldn't it's probably best for Adam to leave Ben Lujuan out of the equation? The Dems will look for any inconsistancies no matter how trivial.

Travlyr
01-21-2010, 11:17 PM

Yes, they recognize Kokesh as a threat for sure. Adam is organized and building a grassroots team for liberty, and they don't like it.

We were all over the Round House on the opening day.

New Mexico's Ron Paul supporters see Adam as renewed hope.

MR2Fast2Catch
01-22-2010, 12:32 AM
New Mexico's Ron Paul supporters see Adam as renewed hope.

That goes for Arizona's Ron Paul supporters too :D

Rancher
01-22-2010, 01:12 AM
That goes for Arizona's Ron Paul supporters too :D

Cool!

LittleLightShining
01-22-2010, 04:51 AM
The Dems are planting seeds. It's up to the campaign to figure out how to deal with this, the sooner the better. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It's gonna get ugly.

rpfan2008
01-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Who is Adam Kokesh to Lecture Anyone on Corruption?

I see nothing wrong with this argument other than the fact that i ddon't like reading it.

Nathan Hale
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Then wouldn't it's probably best for Adam to leave Ben Lujuan out of the equation? The Dems will look for any inconsistancies no matter how trivial.

I agree. It was a dumb move for Adam to call attention to that when his father has issues with the same thing. It's like Peter Schiff accusing his competition of tax evasion. Yes, we know that the candidate is not his father, but there remains a inconsistency there, one that, at the least, forces the Adam to make a public denouncement of his own family's misdeeds.

ronpaulhawaii
01-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Yes, best to let it die...