PDA

View Full Version : Hutchison's own internal poll shows Debra won the debate - by a huge margin!!!

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
From Paul Burka, one of the most respected political commentators in Texas, in a blog entry yesterday:

The Hutchison campaign has done polling about the debate. This is what they came up with:
–21.7% of the primary electorate viewed the debate
–39.1% thought Medina won
–16.9% thought Hutchison won
–15.5% thought Perry won
–14.4% thought Perry and Hutchison tied
–14.1% were undecided

http://www.texasmonthly.com/blogs/burkablog/?p=5944 (http://www.texasmonthly.com/blogs/burkablog/?p=5944)

Thank you Mrs. Huchison for sharing! Your honesty is much appreciated!

TheState
01-21-2010, 07:20 PM
4. How people watching the debate would vote:
–34.5% Hutchison
–29.2% Perry
–22+% Medina

Wow, that's a heck of a boost from one debate.

CaseyJones
01-21-2010, 07:30 PM
cool

ctiger2
01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
They're going to come fast/furious at Medina in the next debate. The problem is, they have no political dirt on her. Should be entertaining. Rick Perry is such a tool. Wake up Texas! Lead the way back to the Constitutional Republic!

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Muy bueno.

LibertyMage
01-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Excellent!

libertybrewcity
01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
i am surprised she would release this

Valli6
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
She's called in some help!

AUSTIN, TEXAS — Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison is getting some presidential support in her bid to be the next Texas governor.

Former President George H.W. Bush is expected to endorse her Friday in Houston. Her campaign has scheduled a morning press event with Bush and former first lady Barbara Bush in Houston.

It'll be Hutchison's second big-name endorsement this week, after former U.S. Secretary of State James Baker announced his support for Hutchison on Tuesday. Former Vice President Dick Cheney also has endorsed Hutchison.

Hutchison is challenging Gov. Rick Perry in the March 2 Republican primary.
http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/george-h-w-bush-to-endorse-hutchison-189677.html

Flash
01-21-2010, 09:21 PM
They're going to come fast/furious at Medina in the next debate. The problem is, they have no political dirt on her. Should be entertaining. Rick Perry is such a tool. Wake up Texas! Lead the way back to the Constitutional Republic!

Instead of going after her, may be they will do what they can to sound just like her.

low preference guy
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/george-h-w-bush-to-endorse-hutchison-189677.html

Bush to endorse Kay? That's the guarantee she loses.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Bush to endorse Kay? That's the guarantee she loses.

unfortunately, not in Texas

neo-con tactic... Palin for Perry, Bush for Hutchison, will split the GOP vote with not much left over for Medina.

Medina has a hard road to travel.

payme_rick
01-21-2010, 10:58 PM
unfortunately, not in Texas

neo-con tactic... Palin for Perry, Bush for Hutchison, will split the GOP vote with not much left over for Medina.

Medina has a hard road to travel.

strategy makes sense in that it would keep Medina out... but do Bush and Palin really want Perry OR Hutch in and Medina out THAT bad?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-21-2010, 11:21 PM
strategy makes sense in that it would keep Medina out... but do Bush and Palin really want Perry OR Hutch in and Medina out THAT bad?

uhh, yeah. They take orders. They do what they're told. Isn't that obvious? You think it is just a coincidence that after the first debate with Medina, her poll numbers shooting way up, Bush and Palin come out of the woodworks?

payme_rick
01-21-2010, 11:28 PM
uhh, yeah. They take orders. They do what they're told. Isn't that obvious? You think it is just a coincidence that after the first debate with Medina, her poll numbers shooting way up, Bush and Palin come out of the woodworks?

okay... I'll say it one last time: I heard almost 5 months ago that Palin would campaign for Perry... BUT Bush? coincidence that he'd just come out now? Uhmm NO... it's called a "push"...

Palin worked along side Perry in that group of republican governers (forget the name) and Bush worked along side KBH while he was gov/pres and she was in the senate...

coming out to try and get their little buddies elected? sure...

conspiracy to keep Medina out of office? Let's not flatter ourselves :rolleyes:

devil21
01-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Let's hope that since Texans were turned on so strongly by Medina's wisdom that they won't be fooled now by a couple of meaningless endorsements from one has-been and one never-will-be.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-21-2010, 11:31 PM
okay... I'll say it one last time: I heard almost 5 months ago that Palin would campaign for Perry... BUT Bush? coincidence that he'd just come out now? Uhmm NO... it's called a "push"...

Palin worked along side Perry in that group of republican governers (forget the name) and Bush worked along side KBH while he was gov/pres and she was in the senate...

were you here for Ron Paul's campaign?? even he recognized that "they" (his word, meaning MSM and other candidates) did a "pretty good number on him". I don't understand the use of the word "conspiracy" here. It happened then, and it's happeening now.

It's not flattering in the least bit. It's depressing that such forces feel the need to keep the people's voice silenced.

payme_rick
01-21-2010, 11:43 PM
were you here for Ron Paul's campaign?? even he recognized that "they" (his word, meaning MSM and other candidates) did a "pretty good number on him". I don't understand the use of the word "conspiracy" here. It happened then, and it's happeening now.

It's not flattering in the least bit. It's depressing that such forces feel the need to keep the people's voice silenced.

I wasn't here for Ron Paul's campaign... but your comment "even he recognized..." just made me crack up... pretty damn hard actually...

Just because I believe in most if not all of the ideas that Ron Paul does when it comes to the role of government in this country, it doesn't mean I'm going to agree with every damn word that comes out of the guy's mouth... he's a human, he is not my superior and you are insulting my intelligence by acting as if his opinion on this should trump mine...

Does Bush want KBH as governor? Probably so seeing as they share the same ideas... and I'd expect nothing less than him coming out toward the end to try and get her in office seeing how her numbers have dropped...

Does Palin want Perry as governor? I really don't know... seeing how they've had a pre-existing relationship due to their involvment in that republican governors group I'm pretty sure she's just doing him a friendly favor (as most people with their heads out of the sand knew around 5 months ago when it was announced she'd campaign for him)...

Palin and Bush are trying to get their buddies elected, and looking at both of their mind-sets etc... it's not anywhere near shocking they're pulling for who they're pulling for...

there's no magic bullet... it's a common sense occurance...

Imperial
01-21-2010, 11:51 PM
i am surprised she would release this

They released it to try to prove to Burka their internal polling was legitimate, as it conflicted with Rasmussen in the primary polling numbers.

payme_rick
01-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Actually ForLiberty-RonPaul I'd like to apologize... I was wrong... the strategy I said makes sense actually doesn't make sense now that I think about it...

if there are 3 choices and your main goal is to eliminate 1 specific choice (enemy-candidate), why in the hell would you try to split votes between the two you do not want to eliminate? Wouldn't it be more wise to load up one candidate with the votes to pull away from the enemy-candidate instead of splitting them up to keep the enemy candidate close?

Maybe I'm just new to this, but the only way I see this strategy coming close to working is if lowest vote total wins... and Bush may be doing that for Hutch :p

dannno
01-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Actually ForLiberty-RonPaul I'd like to apologize... I was wrong... the strategy I said makes sense actually doesn't make sense now that I think about it...

if there are 3 choices and your main goal is to eliminate 1 specific choice (enemy-candidate), why in the hell would you try to split votes between the two you do not want to eliminate? Wouldn't it be more wise to load up one candidate with the votes to pull away from the enemy-candidate instead of splitting them up to keep the enemy candidate close?

Maybe I'm just new to this, but the only way I see this strategy coming close to working is if lowest vote total wins... and Bush may be doing that for Hutch :p

They did it to make people like you think that it isn't a conspiracy against Medina, because as you pointed out it doesn't make sense. It's called a super-elite-double-backburn.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-22-2010, 01:55 AM

it's really not all that complicated. You force a run-off. Then when it's Medina vs. Hutchison, for example, Palin (who supported Perry) now endorses Hutchison over Medina. This bait and switch will happen right before the election so that the voters don't have a chance to really think about it.

If you want a sports metaphor.... You're Payton Manning and you're facing the toughest pass defense in the NFL. All game long you run run run. You pound it out on the ground and you get that secondary to start inching forward. In the 4th quarter they go for broke and start blitzing with their safeties, that's when you (Manning) launch the long ball over their heads and make them wonder wtf just happened.

The media and entrenched politicians are pounding it out on the ground with us right now. They have for the most part ignored Medina, they are splitting the Republican vote between two Republican superstars (making it difficult to draw attention to Medina), and when they do report on Medina they make her candidacy seem almost illegitimate. We fight back and are able to raise Deb's numbers enough to force a run-off. Then we blitz thinking we've got them. Palin endorses Hutch (the long pass) and we lose convincingly.

Bern
01-22-2010, 06:43 AM
I don't think endorsements mean as much to folks as a lot of you seem to think.

constituent
01-22-2010, 06:53 AM
–21.7% of the primary electorate viewed the debate

Ok, so then the real issue is how we reach that other 78.3% of the electorate post-debate.

Bern
01-22-2010, 06:56 AM
Ok, so then the real issue is how we reach that other 78.3% of the electorate post-debate.

The Jan 29th debate will reach a much larger segment of the electorate. I think only the real political junkies/die hards tuned in to PBS for a debate that wasn't very well promoted IMO.

american.swan
01-22-2010, 07:38 AM
I don't think endorsements mean as much to folks as a lot of you seem to think.

In my mind, I agree with you. I really do. Endorsements mean absolutely nothing to me, except shows clearly the rinos are together.

But I ask one question. Why do they continue to do it? Because it HELPS some where, some how, some way, I don't know, it HELPS. Maybe it's some zombie voter media programming tactic. I haven't a clue, but if it REALLY meant nothing, they wouldn't do it.

Think for a moment. If Ron Paul endorsed a candidate, would we support that candidate too? Generally YES!! I think it works on the same level. Zombie voters have some nutty connection to their favorite candidates.

constituent
01-22-2010, 07:40 AM
The Jan 29th debate will reach a much larger segment of the electorate.

Surely there is some number floating around out there.

james1906
01-22-2010, 07:58 AM
For the record, it's Bush 41 that endorsed KBH. Bush 43 has not made an endorsement.

fatjohn
01-22-2010, 08:16 AM

YouTube - Ron Paul - Electability - Censored by Fox 1-10-08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlacFmRGPgI)

Here you have a yummy red pill.

Now back on topic

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-25-2010, 01:26 AM
More from Kay, speaking at two different recent events:

Speaking with the media, Hutchison said she was “very impressed” with Medina and thinks the newcomer could have an impact on the race.
http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/01/23/conroe_courier/news/kay012410.txt (http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/01/23/conroe_courier/news/kay012410.txt)

“She did very well in the debate, she was very poised, and I am encouraged that she will be part of second debate,” Hutchison said.
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2010/jan/23/senator-stops-in-town-to-stump/ (http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2010/jan/23/senator-stops-in-town-to-stump/)

loveshiscountry
01-25-2010, 07:17 AM
During the debate Hutchison "involved" Medina to drive home her point that Perrys claim of property taxes going down was bs. I think Hutchison is going to take advantage of Perrys arrogance during her campaign.

james1906
01-25-2010, 07:56 AM
I think KBH speculates that Medina will force a runoff between her and Perry. This means not attacking Medina, but co-opting her message to get her supporters in a runoff. It will be interesting to see what Perry will do with this.

payme_rick
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
This means not attacking Medina, but co-opting her message to get her supporters in a runoff.

Medina needs to get on this... let it be known that's what -duh-Hutch is doing...

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-28-2010, 04:08 AM

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/george-h-w-bush-to-endorse-hutchison-189677.html (http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/george-h-w-bush-to-endorse-hutchison-189677.html)

Look who else has endorsed Kay.

YouTube - Texans For Kay TV Ad, "Fence" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ET8_tjRAss)

Nolan Ryan was an honorary campaign chair and ad spokesman for Ron Paul during his 1996 congressional campaign. It's a shame to see him endorsing fake conservatives 14 years later.
/
/

samforpaul
01-29-2010, 09:25 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul - Electability - Censored by Fox 1-10-08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlacFmRGPgI)

Here you have a yummy red pill.

Now back on topic

That was classic. Thank you.