PDA

View Full Version : Full Page Color New Hampshire ad is almost a reality!

max
10-05-2007, 09:50 AM
You guys are awesome! We are 60% there!

Please chip in another $20 today. Even if you've already given.

Can you do more?..a couple $50's and $100's would be great.

This will be a huge event when it hits. We will alert NH TV media in advance of its run date.

The final version will be even better because there's room for more facts on RP at the bottom (FULL PAGE!)

Here is the prototype of the Founding Fathers Ad

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16701

Please chip in some more here and let's pull this off!..

http://newhampshire.chipin.com/new-hampshire-inserts

thanks

ronpaulyourmom
10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Are you using the founding fathers ad or the former Ames ad with the backside?

I really prefer the Ames one, I'll throw down money for that. The founding fathers one is presumptuous and it comes off as a little kooky to people drinking the mainstream kool-aid. Honestly, nobody likes to get lectured in that manner, it could have a negative impact with a certain percentage of people who see it...

Nothing symbolizes the spirit of the Ron Paul movement more than the Ames ad. We should continue to use that imo.

KewlRonduderules
10-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I thought they were using the new one that Lord Xar had been displaying... Really awesome.

fletcher
10-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Nothing symbolizes the spirit of the Ron Paul movement more than the Ames ad. We should continue to use that imo.

I agree. I have a lot of problems with the Founding Fathers ad. The biggest problem is that it only says Ron Paul once in small letters, aside from the phone number and url. The line about the draft also annoys me. It reminds me of the Kerry supporters going on about how there was going to be a draft if Kerry wasn't elected. Outrageous claims aren't going to attract supporters. It will only push them away.

M.Bellmore
10-05-2007, 10:41 AM
I agree. I have a lot of problems with the Founding Fathers ad. The biggest problem is that it only says Ron Paul once in small letters, aside from the phone number and url. The line about the draft also annoys me. It reminds me of the Kerry supporters going on about how there was going to be a draft if Kerry wasn't elected. Outrageous claims aren't going to attract supporters. It will only push them away.

They are making substantial changes .. give them a chance to finish.

runderwo
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Is this for inserts or a full page ad? I'm confused.

max
10-05-2007, 11:49 AM
going with full page color...

the final will have rp's photo on it and more personal info at the bottom....the language will be toned down a bit as well "we warned against" instead of "we warned you"

it's easy to be a critic....but those of us excited about this project dont need to put down by armchairs who havent done anything...chickenhawk marketers

u dont like the ad? Fine. Just shut up and run your own full page ads if u think u can pull it off.

constructive feedback is one welcome ...but pissing on the enthusiasm of others is really shitty....we dont care what u think....it happens all the time in this forum...

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 11:53 AM
The line about the draft also annoys me. It reminds me of the Kerry supporters going on about how there was going to be a draft if Kerry wasn't elected. Outrageous claims aren't going to attract supporters. It will only push them away.

I fail to see how it is outrageous to believe that if we continue on our current course, it will lead to a draft. Our military is spread very thin right now. Imagine what will happen if we attack Iran and there is every reason to believe we are going to do just that. The propaganda machine has been in full force for months.

Possibly, I am misunderstanding you.

DrNoZone
10-05-2007, 11:53 AM

the final will have rp's photo on it and more personal info at the bottom....the language will be toned down a bit as well "we warned against" instead of "we warned you"

keep in mind that this is subjective...many people LOVE that ad....some prefer another ad.....the important thing is to get something powerful and creative out there..

it's easy to be a critic....but those of us excited about this project dont need to put down by armchairs who havent done anything...

u dont like the ad? Fine. Just shut up and do your own marketing.

feedback is one thing ...but pissing on the enthusiasm of others is really shitty....it happens all the time in this forum...

I love the ad...and I think it'll get much better with the planned improvements. I've already chipped in and I'll see if I can't eek out another small chip in.

Taco John
10-05-2007, 11:56 AM
$20 bucks sent... Let's make it happen!

M.Bellmore
10-05-2007, 11:58 AM

it's easy to be a critic....but those of us excited about this project dont need to put down by armchairs who havent done anything...chickenhawk marketers

u dont like the ad? Fine. Just shut up and run your own full page ads if u think u can pull it off.

constructive feedback is one welcome ...but pissing on the enthusiasm of others is really shitty....we dont care what u think....it happens all the time in this forum...

Cool beans. Will there also be produced a double-sided one for ordering? I don't think there are any papers in MI that have color ads (maybe the Free Press, I'd have to check).

I was hoping to get an answer in the one-page ad vs. double-sided insert debate from the person who had a friend in advertising. Search turned off so I cant remember where I saw that :eek:

Ridiculous
10-05-2007, 11:58 AM

I really prefer the Ames one, I'll throw down money for that. The founding fathers one is presumptuous and it comes off as a little kooky to people drinking the mainstream kool-aid. Honestly, nobody likes to get lectured in that manner, it could have a negative impact with a certain percentage of people who see it...

Agree 100%, I will give money for the Ames one but not the Founding Fathers one.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 11:59 AM

This ad will be the Founding Fathers Ad. It was under this auspice that people have been making contributions.

If you would like to run another Ad later, or I should say a 2-sided insert, that would be great. In fact, you could be the person that takes the lead on that one. :)

I am assuming you are talking about this one:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16701

fletcher
10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I fail to see how it is outrageous to believe that if we continue on our current course, it will lead to a draft. Our military is spread very thin right now. Imagine what will happen if we attack Iran and there is every reason to believe we are going to do just that. The propaganda machine has been in full force for months.

Possibly, I am misunderstanding you.

I think we should leave the fear mongering to the neocons and Democrats. We have enough to use from the present. No need to be be using predictions of the future which may or may not come true.

max
10-05-2007, 12:02 PM
IThe line about the draft also annoys me. It reminds me of the Kerry supporters going on about how there was going to be a draft if Kerry wasn't elected. Outrageous claims aren't going to attract supporters. It will only push them away.

dude, perhaps you missed it on the news....but there is serious talk of doing a regime change in Iran and also Syria....

When the Iranians resist (how dare they?)...where do u think the ground forces needed to occupy such a big nation going to come from????? Volunteers?,,,Military Meetup Groups LOL

Are you aware that some generals are openly advocating a draft? Did you know there is a bill dormant in Congress to re-authorize the draft?

Havent you heard RP openly speak of the possibility of a draft?

It's happened 4 times in the past 75 years.....why is it "outrageous" to think these thugs wont do it again...especially if we launch a major war with Iran and Syria?

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Cool beans. Will there also be produced a double-sided one for ordering? I don't think there are any papers in MI that have color ads (maybe the Free Press, I'd have to check).

Yes, that is my understanding. In fact, that is exactly what was being done and it is us that is grabbing the work being done for the insert, to use for our Ad. Once completed, I would imagine it will be available from the same New Hampshire printer as was the 2-sided Mosaic Ad.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16701

I'm sure Lord Xar will announce when it is available for order. Just hang in there.

Max, if I misstated anything, feel free to correct me.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 12:04 PM
I think we should leave the fear mongering to the neocons and Democrats. We have enough to use from the present. No need to be be using predictions of the future which may or may not come true.

Well then, fletcher, save your money for the next Ad. I'm sure one will be forthcoming. :)

max
10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Agree 100%, I will give money for the Ames one but not the Founding Fathers one.

"If I don't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home."

And I suppose you think NO AD is better than the one we are going with?

"Ridiculous"

Ridiculous
10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I still say it is very presumptuous an pretentious to say that the founding fathers would endorse Paul, and thats how it will come off to people. It will probably get spun in a negative way.

You could just change the line to:
Don't you think the founders would support.....

It would be just as effective. Plus, you get the same message out without seeming presumptuous an pretentious with a simple change.

I think the rest of the ad is fine, with the changes you stated by the way.

billm317
10-05-2007, 12:42 PM
"If I don't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home."

And I suppose you think NO AD is better than the one we are going with?

"Ridiculous"

I also will give money for the Ames one but not the Founding Fathers one. For the people who prefer the Founding Fathers one.... why? I don't like it at all.

billm317
10-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Also I'd like to ask, what beefs do people have with the Ames ad? It looks professional, official and it's very informative.

edit: I like the back of the mosaic as well. Very nice

KewlRonduderules
10-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I see nothing wrong with the Ames ad. It is quite nice.

I think though the new ad puts things in perspective for the average American and how far astray we have become in the last 20 years. We are no longer a Constitutional Republic. Rather, we are a fumbling puppet show that will go down under if things do not change for the better.

Most Americans are angry and fed up with the politicians in Washington. I think this ad will definitely catch their attention and give them something to think about.

I definitely prefer the new one.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.unitedforliberty.com/assets/frontside.jpg

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Also I'd like to ask, what beefs do people have with the Ames ad? It looks professional, official and it's very informative.

edit: I like the back of the mosaic as well. Very nice

It IS nice, Bill and there is no reason that we cannot run it too, later. Right now, the plan is to run the Founding Fathers ad and that is what people have been contributing to.

Ridiculous
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
It is a really horrible idea to say "We the founders Support...."

again, it comes across as very pretentious and presumptuous.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM

I agree that it would be better if this statement was tweaked. Let's see what Max says.

Max?

Green Mountain Boy
10-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Looks very good!! One suggestion: the font used for "Ron Paul Revolution" at the bottom is difficult to read. I would change it to something more legible and clear.

KewlRonduderules
10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
How about something like this:

"For these reasons, the Ron Paul Revolution is taking heed to these challenges that our founding fathers bemoaned"

Ridiculous
10-05-2007, 01:09 PM

"For these reasons, the Ron Paul Revolution is taking heed to these challenges that our founding fathers bemoaned"

That is great! Although most people probably don't know what bemoaned means.

LibertyEagle

Well..... I don't think that's it, personally. In one of these threads that Max has started on this Ad, I thought someone almost nailed it. Of course, that's just my opinion though. :p

jkaufmann
If it matters I did donate a good amount (653)and I thought I was donating to the Mosaic.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Wow. I'm not sure why you thought that. A picture of the Ad has been in almost every thread Max has started.

Will you be ok with this Ad on our first run?

yoshimaroka
10-05-2007, 01:12 PM
"...the language will be toned down a bit as well "we warned against" instead of "we warned you" "

Excellent idea to replace all "yous" in the statements with whatever is more suitable.

Ridiculous
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Well..... I don't think that's it, personally. In one of these threads that Max has started on this Ad, I thought someone almost nailed it. Of course, that's just my opinion though. :p

I said I think this would be much better

"Don't YOU think the founding fatheres would have supported the Ron Paul revollution?"

You have to think of the ad from the perspective of someone who is not a Ron Paul supporter. Stating that the founders endorse a candidate, even with creative license, is a bad idea and has the potential to rub people the wrong way. I guarantee that you are going to have some people saying "Who are these people claiming who the founders would or would not endorse." A simple tweak not making a sort of direct endorsement can avoid that and be just as effective.

I appreciate all your work, I just think the support/endorsement line in the ad has the potential to illicit a very negative reaction. That is why I am being so vocal on this subject.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
"...the language will be toned down a bit as well "we warned against" instead of "we warned you" "

Excellent idea to replace all "yous" in the statements with whatever is more suitable.

Yes, quite a few changes are being made. "As a service to America" is coming out too. The size of the text in the body is being increased. Names of the Founding Fathers are being added under the pictures and I think the font style on text such as "Ron Paul Revolution" is being revisited.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 01:21 PM

"Warned against" won't work, unless the statements are changed quite a bit. Go look at how they read now.

KewlRonduderules
10-05-2007, 01:21 PM
How about this one?

For these reasons, the Ron Paul Revolution is taking heed to these challenges that our founding fathers deplored in order to restore our Constitutional Republic.

Ozwest
10-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Looks very good!! One suggestion: the font used for "Ron Paul Revolution" at the bottom is difficult to read. I would change it to something more legible and clear.

I thought exactly the same when I read it.

DrNoZone
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Seriously, can't you just let it go yet? The ad isn't going to change to suit you on this one. The overwhelming majority of chip in's support it the way it is. Isn't there something productive you can be doing to support RP instead of harping about this niggling issue over and over again?

wgadget
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
How about this one?

For these reasons, the Ron Paul Revolution is taking heed to these challenges that our founding fathers deplored in order to restore our Constitutional Republic.

Too many prepositional phrases.

How about:

For these reasons, the Ron Paul Revolution is heeding the challenges our founding fathers deplored in order to restore our Constitutional Republic.

Ridiculous
10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Seriously, can't you just let it go yet? The ad isn't going to change to suit you on this one. The overwhelming majority of chip in's support it the way it is. Isn't there something productive you can be doing to support RP instead of harping about this niggling issue over and over again?

That text in the ad is a mistake. Mark my words.

Plus it will probably get negative press.

DrNoZone
10-05-2007, 01:49 PM

I'm with P.T. Barnum in this instance: No publicity is bad publicity. Spin that any way you want. The Founder WROTE the damn Constitution, of course they would endorse a STRICT Constitutionalist.

Ridiculous
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm with P.T. Barnum in this instance: No publicity is bad publicity. Spin that any way you want. The Founder WROTE the damn Constitution, of course they would endorse a STRICT Constitutionalist.

More than likely, but you can't endorse someone on their behalf. It is unethical and pretentious.

runderwo
10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
When I click on the chipin it says it is for inserts, not a full page ad, is that wrong?

billm317
10-05-2007, 02:00 PM

I 100% agree w/ you. I like the look of the new ad better, but I think the wording needs some work.

This could be done...

ditch the "As a service to America, they have come out of retirement to issue the following warning."
This gets it out of the mode that THEY are saying this.

Change "We the founders..." to "The founders..."

"you" in the "...warned you" is not really needed. I see no positive effect of having it.

take out "For these reasons, We the founders support the"

re-word "We advise you to support...."

As someone stated, the "Ron Paul Revolution" font could be better.

of course changing all of this makes "an open letter to the american people" make little sense, since it's no longer in that form

Someone posted earlier that we should "let it go". I feel that a newspaper advertisement is a big deal. Every single letter of it needs to be planned perfectly. I'm giving my opinion on that. If it's decided that my opinion sucks, so be it. I'll live. I feel a more conservative approach can be taken and yield the same or better results. What are the real advantages of saying "(we) warned you", "We advise you", "We the founders support the..."? Zero. If anything, it will rub someone the wrong way.

ronpaulyourmom
10-05-2007, 02:02 PM

My feedback was constructive, or so I thought. I was just throwing my ideas out there. You can call me an armchair whatever, it was just some advice. The bottom line I'm searching for is what will get him support and get him elected, we just have a different opinion, that's all. I recommend you put out a vote on which ad to use, but of course I support your effort no matter which ad you use.

Keep it up. :o

Ridiculous
10-05-2007, 02:03 PM
What are the real advantages of saying "(we) warned you", "We advise you", "We the founders support the..."? Zero. If anything, it will rub someone the wrong way.

Well said. With a little wordsmithing it could be just as effective without having the potential to have any kind of negative impact.

RP08
10-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I pitched in and also agree that it needs some work.

billm317
10-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Are there any real advantages of saying "(we) warned you", "We advise you", "We the founders support the..."?

smtwngrl
10-05-2007, 03:11 PM

The most powerful thing about this ad is that it is true, and it does fit with what the founders would say. And it is more powerful coming from their perspective. I can't see it not causing people to think/wake up.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 05:22 PM
bump

Johnnybags
10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
cxled, anyone know?

BillyDkid
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM

again, it comes across as very pretentious and presumptuous.Well, I don't think it's that bad. It's called editorial license. Maybe it could be made to say that Ron Paul agrees with/supports the founding fathers rather than vice verse.

BillyDkid
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
More than likely, but you can't endorse someone on their behalf. It is unethical and pretentious.Well, I think you're being a little bit hysterical about this.