PDA

View Full Version : Really, how likely is it that we can take back the Republican Party?

reardenstone
01-21-2010, 02:48 PM
I am all for Paulitics 150%! I even would like to see Ron Paul principles be completely adopted by the Libertarian party and see that go somewhere but that is not what they are trying to do. The goal now is to retake the Repulbican party back to the principles of Robert A. Taft and even back to Jefferson and Washington. However, the neocons are putting up giant resistance and either ban Paul posters and callers or they ignore Paul altogether.

Ron Paul represents the real opportunity of the party to completely reinvent itself and get support, but the neocons are not going to allow it.

is there hope for the near future or should we use 2010 and 2012 as tests and if that doesn't work, we can't get the party back from neocons, we try and work with the Libertarian party.

How is it looking in Georgia?

Anyone in Atlanta or lower Cobb County here?

klamath
01-21-2010, 02:58 PM
If we don't have the numbers to get the neocons out of the republican party you sure don't have the numbers to build the Libertarian party into a winning coalition. I for one will not back the Libertarian party with the current platform as I detest it as much as I detest the neocon platform.

Edit; Sorry I didn't catch the this was in the georgia only forums. Darned "New Posts" button.

Aratus
01-22-2010, 08:19 AM
folks ...the new posts button let me read the above two posts...
i want to take back my own local g.o.p to something turn of century

dr. hfn
01-22-2010, 08:23 AM
our comrades in Arkansas are having great success lately

friedenmeister
02-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Here is a video clip from the Cobb County GOP breakfast last Saturday morning. Johnny Isakson had come to talk to the crowd and probably wasn't too pleased with this question:

YouTube - US Senator Johnny Isakson Dodges Question (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WiEOeUoqo)

georgiaboy
06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I think the party is there for the taking. The rank & file are generally in our camp when you talk the issues, except maybe foreign policy.

The issue is credible candidates & leaders in the party who will walk the walk. Too many of Georgia's GOP leaders & elected officials can toot the horn of conservatism, but don't vote their words or true conservative principles.

I guess a derivative issue there is voters who don't pay enough attention to care. Seems like there's a fair number of these types in the video above. It's a shame the questioner in that video had to slap some name-calling and attitude onto the tail end of his question to Johnny. It allowed Johnny to deflect based on the tone of the question, and not address the issue -- which sadly, the others in attendance ate up. As long as you've got Southern manners, you can bailout Wall Street using our progeny's future earnings all you want, I guess. /sarc

Meanwhile, I'll vote GOP whenever the actions and principles are there with the person, or if not, the person with the principles and actions to back them up, or not at all. In essence, GOP Georgia has lost this voter's rubber stamp.

Matt Collins
06-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Taking it completely back is going to be hard to do. But we can steer the ship, or at least cause the drivers to steer it moreso in the direction that we want if enough pressure is applied.