PDA

View Full Version : Scheuer @ National Journal RE: Haiti -- I clicked the "I Agree" button

Cowlesy
01-21-2010, 01:58 PM
http://security.nationaljournal.com/2010/01/haiti-rating-the-us-disaster-r.php

Why care about the "world's judgment"?
Michael F. Scheuer
Adjunct Professor of Security Studies, Georgetown University

I find it bewildering that a country like the United States, which seems to be going belly up economically, is pouring hundreds of millions of borrowed dollars into Haiti, and has rhetorically issued a blank check to guarantee what is likely to be billions for Haiti's reconstruction. Likewise, we have marooned a field army in Afghanistan for which Obama could not find enough forces to rescue, but he and his cabinet of grinning media hounds have deployed 10,000 soldiers and Marines to Haiti where America's defense and national security are not at all at stake.

Perhaps no other recent event has so graphically shown how much U.S. political leaders crave the applause of foreigners, how little they care about Americans, and how much the U.S. media cares nothing about Americans. Pour taxpayer money into medical supplies for Haiti while the District of Columbia claims that for years its AIDS problem has outstriped that of parts of Africa; rebuild Haitian ports, buildings, airfields, and roads while U.S. infrastructure crumbles; airdrop endless amounts of food and water to ...

Lots more at the link --- and if you agree, let them know!

HOLLYWOOD
01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Obama has to live up to his Nobel Peace Prize and offset the civilians he's authorized to kill as collateral damage, and reaffirm, that the Messiah/Oracle/or whatever, can show good... but not broad-casted at the American Peoples (Taxpayer's) Expenses.

EASY BUTTON for the PLUTOCRACY

BTW: your quoted section is repeated... might want to edit out the first 2 paragraphs in your post.

PS: I love it when CIA agents, FSP/FSO, and othe alpha agency personnel come forward, exposing the nonsense of the FEDERAL FASCIST state.

Perhaps no other recent event has so graphically shown how much U.S. political leaders crave the applause of foreigners, how little they care about Americans, and how much the U.S. media cares nothing about Americans. Pour taxpayer money into medical supplies for Haiti while the District of Columbia claims that for years its AIDS problem has outstriped that of parts of Africa; rebuild Haitian ports, buildings, airfields, and roads while U.S. infrastructure crumbles; airdrop endless amounts of food and water to Haitians while Americans go hungry and the numbers of homeless people rises; deploy U.S. troops to do humanitarian work in Haiti while our borders are undefended, our lethal enemies are being freed from Guantanamo, and we are losing in Afghanistan; and, finally, grasp every media opportunity possible to make sure Obama, McCain, and their acolytes can swan before and win the applause of foreigners -- many of whom wish America nothing but ill.

Cowlesy
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Obama has to live up to his Nobel Peace Prize and offset the civilians he's authorized to kill as collateral damage, and reaffirm, that the Messiah/Oracle/or whatever, can show good... but not broad-casted at the American Peoples (Taxpayer's) Expenses.

EASY BUTTON for the PLUTOCRACY

BTW: your quoted section is repeated... might want to edit out the first 2 paragraphs in your post.

PS: I love it when CIA agents, FSP/FSO, and othe alpha agency personnel come forward, exposing the nonsense of the FEDERAL FASCIST state.

ah good catch on the paragraph thing - thanks

jmdrake
01-21-2010, 03:14 PM
http://security.nationaljournal.com/2010/01/haiti-rating-the-us-disaster-r.php

Why care about the "world's judgment"?
Michael F. Scheuer
Adjunct Professor of Security Studies, Georgetown University

I find it bewildering that a country like the United States, which seems to be going belly up economically, is pouring hundreds of millions of borrowed dollars into Haiti, and has rhetorically issued a blank check to guarantee what is likely to be billions for Haiti's reconstruction. Likewise, we have marooned a field army in Afghanistan for which Obama could not find enough forces to rescue, but he and his cabinet of grinning media hounds have deployed 10,000 soldiers and Marines to Haiti where America's defense and national security are not at all at stake.

Perhaps no other recent event has so graphically shown how much U.S. political leaders crave the applause of foreigners, how little they care about Americans, and how much the U.S. media cares nothing about Americans. Pour taxpayer money into medical supplies for Haiti while the District of Columbia claims that for years its AIDS problem has outstriped that of parts of Africa; rebuild Haitian ports, buildings, airfields, and roads while U.S. infrastructure crumbles; airdrop endless amounts of food and water to ...

Lots more at the link --- and if you agree, let them know!

Sounds like Michael Scheuer just endorsed sending more troops to Afghanistan. Sorry but I do not agree.

haaaylee
01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Sounds like Michael Scheuer just endorsed sending more troops to Afghanistan. Sorry but I do not agree.

Where did you get that from?

He means Obama wanted to send more troops to Afghanistan but didn't have enough. But now he magically has some for Haiti. If they want a war to protect us then why are we sending them somewhere else. I don't think he means he would rather them be in Afghanistan. Just that that doesn't make sense.

Why don't we just take the troops from Afghanistan/Iraq and put them in Haiti. Problem solved!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-21-2010, 06:31 PM

On the one hand, Obama sticks an undermanned force in Afghanistan. They shouldnt be there in the first place, but now that they are there, Obama has ensured that there arnt even enough of them to do anything other than fuck things up for us without accomplishing the stated objectives.

Then Haiti rolls along and Obama magically finds tens of thousands of troops out his ass.

jmdrake
01-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Where did you get that from?

From the part that I put in bold. It should be obvious to anyone who doesn't automatically give M.S. a pass.

He means Obama wanted to send more troops to Afghanistan but didn't have enough. But now he magically has some for Haiti. If they want a war to protect us then why are we sending them somewhere else. I don't think he means he would rather them be in Afghanistan. Just that that doesn't make sense.

M.S. said the army in Afghanistan was "marooned", as if they needed to be rescued. They don't. We could pull out of Afghanistan the same way we could pull out of Iraq. Just leave.

Why don't we just take the troops from Afghanistan/Iraq and put them in Haiti. Problem solved!

I agree with you. That's just not what was said.

jmdrake
01-21-2010, 07:44 PM
On the one hand, Obama sticks an undermanned force in Afghanistan. They shouldnt be there in the first place, but now that they are there, Obama has ensured that there arnt even enough of them to do anything other than fuck things up for us without accomplishing the stated objectives.

Then Haiti rolls along and Obama magically finds tens of thousands of troops out his ass.

The problem in Afghanistan isn't that we don't have "enough troops". The problem is that we shouldn't be there at all. Obama should be drawing down our engagement there. Instead he's sending even more troops. 30,000 more to be exact. And you want even more? How many troops do you think a president Paul would be sending to Afghanistan?

P.S. Remember this is the same Michael Scheuer who recently endorsed torture (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/24/AR2009042403459.html).

Cowlesy
01-24-2010, 12:13 PM
//

dr. hfn
01-24-2010, 12:15 PM
scroll down to scheuer and click submit