PDA

View Full Version : Aimee Allen to Perform at Rally for the Republicans

The Key Master
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
the title says it all ...

MRoCkEd
01-21-2010, 01:53 PM
great!

Any chance you will be putting together a live video stream of the event?

Matt Collins
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
the title says it all ...
Is there a link to it on the website anywhere?

Matt Collins
01-21-2010, 02:08 PM
great!

Any chance you will be putting together a live video stream of the event?No. Copyrights will most likely not allow that sort of thing.

MRoCkEd
01-21-2010, 02:10 PM
No. Copyrights will most likely not allow that sort of thing.
We were able to stream the Rally4theRepublic..

I'm most interested in Rand and Ron's speeches though.

The Key Master
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Is there a link to it on the website anywhere?

There is flash part on the screen, but not promoting Aimee, I just set that up like 30 min ago.

itshappening
01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
No. Copyrights will most likely not allow that sort of thing.

it's a public event so 'fair usage' should apply?

Matt Collins
01-21-2010, 02:34 PM
it's a public event so 'fair usage' should apply?
No, not at all. Any time you copy, perform, transmit, reproduce, etc a work of art that someone else holds a "copyright" on, then you must first get their permission, and in many times pay a statutory fee largely based upon the amount of the work used and the number of people viewing/hearing it. This process of negotiation usually takes weeks if not months of attorneys to hash out the agreement and details. In other words, it's not legally feasible to transmit Aimee Allen's performance over the web.

Kotin
01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
No, not at all. Any time you copy, perform, transmit, reproduce, etc a work of art that someone else holds a "copyright" on, then you must first get their permission, and in many times pay a statutory fee largely based upon the amount of the work used and the number of people viewing/hearing it. This process of negotiation usually takes weeks if not months of attorneys to hash out the agreement and details. In other words, it's not legally feasible to transmit Aimee Allen's performance over the web.

dont really care about that.. just want to see Rand and Ron.

itshappening
01-21-2010, 02:41 PM

I still think fair usage applies in a public place, news organisations etc

Matt Collins
01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I still think fair usage applies in a public place, news organisations etc
Nope, if you are performing a copyrighted work you need to get a clearance from a Performing Rights Org (SESAC, BMI, ASCAP). In most cases it's the responsibility of the venue.

You are confusing fair use defense which would not apply here:
http://www.utsystem.edu/ogc/intellectualproperty/copypol2.htm

teamrican1
01-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Can someone attending the event bring a DSLR camera and get some nice high resolution photos of Aimee and post links to them here?

dannno
01-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Ya we just wanna tube :p

Gage
01-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Can someone attending the event bring a DSLR camera and get some nice high resolution photos of Aimee and post links to them here?
I've got it handled, no worries.

Danke
01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
We were able to stream the Rally4theRepublic..

I'm most interested in Rand and Ron's speeches though.

I know the last act of the Country singer lady didn't allow it, can't remember if Aimee did.

Matt Collins
04-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Join Aimee's Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aimee-Allen/115738678444430 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aimee-Allen/115738678444430)