PDA

View Full Version : "Have You Heard About It"

dumlat
01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul "WE NEED TO TAKE OUT THE CIA" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dECSYm5bSM)

"Have You Heard About It ?"

It seems Dr Paul is implying there was some news about it, or maybe rumors...but this is the first time I have heard about the coup. And he's saying "a coup", he never implied gradual infiltration or takeover, like one possible interpretation of that JFK's speech. :confused:

Why he would say that?

Is this a new stage being set up for something? What are your thoughts???

dumlat
01-21-2010, 01:55 PM
What if you add this (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/21/60minutes/main1527749.shtml) to the soup?

A Spy Speaks Out
Former Top CIA Official On "Faulty" Intelligence Claims

(CBS) When no weapons of mass destruction surfaced in Iraq, President Bush insisted that all those WMD claims before the war were the result of faulty intelligence. But a former top CIA official, Tyler Drumheller — a 26-year veteran of the agency — has decided to do something CIA officials at his level almost never do: Speak out.

He tells correspondent Ed Bradley the real failure was not in the intelligence community but in the White House. He says he saw how the Bush administration, time and again, welcomed intelligence that fit the president's determination to go to war and turned a blind eye to intelligence that did not.

Wasn't CIA doing its job well??

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-21-2010, 02:03 PM
End the CIA, End the FBI, end the NSA. Go Ron!

dumlat
01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
End the CIA, End the FBI, end the NSA. Go Ron!

Doesn't sound unreasonable to me, but why use a lie for that?
If the coup was true & he knew about it why we never heard it from him?
And if that's a new revelation to him, why not write an oped piece and promote it via CFL etc.? Why not something big?
It strange he never mentioned it earlier yet he started to talk about it like it's a common knowledge!!! At least this is what the impression he appears to be giving to his audience.

I have a feeling we are going to hear about it more and more from now, without ever knowing the dates, persons involved, storyline of the event, how he knew about it etc etc. No details.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Doesn't sound unreasonable to me, but why use a lie for that?
If the coup was true & he knew about it why we never heard it from him?
And if that's a new revelation to him, why not write an oped piece and promote it via CFL etc.? Why not something big?
It strange he never mentioned it earlier yet he started to talk about it like it's a common knowledge!!! At least this is what the impression he appears to be giving to his audience.

I have a feeling we are going to hear about it more and more from now, without ever knowing the dates, persons involved, storyline of the event, how he knew about it etc etc. No details.

It's not a lie. The CIA are the ones in charge of most of all the unmanned drones. They are the ones undermining Pakistan and destabilizing the country. They are the ones who orchestrated the killing of Benzir Bhutto and kept Musharrif in power because of his pro-American dictatorial stance. They've done it numerous times in numerous parts of the world, including South America and Africa.

Conversely, the CIA is running the drug ring in Afghanistan! They are using our Military to protect it. It's all documented.

dannno
01-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Checkout the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman", or you can watch interviews on youtube.

Ron Paul is right on here.

He's being sarcastic about "have you heard", because it's been going on for decades... He's also been for abolishing the CIA forever. He talked shit on the CIA and the Bush cronies in the military industrial complex in 1988 when he was on Shout Box or whatever with that Morton Downey Jr. guy..

dumlat
01-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Checkout the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman", or you can watch interviews on youtube.

Ron Paul is right on here.

He's being sarcastic about "have you heard", because it's been going on for decades... He's also been for abolishing the CIA forever. He talked shit on the CIA and the Bush cronies in the military industrial complex in 1988 when he was on Shout Box or whatever with that Morton Downey Jr. guy..

I am aware of Perkins and others like him, but Dr paul is using the word coup...which is equivalent to a takeover. It seems I wasn't clear enough-- Perkins say about CIA's controversial background & frequent involvement in illegal activities, BUT he never says CIA does it independently. CIA bringing in a plane load of heroin independent of White House is something else or assassinating some low-level adversary in field without specific orders is completely different from what Dr Paul implies-- which is CIA has gone rouge and has taken-over, which is nowhere nearly a substantiated claim. You can see "have you heard about it" and "coup" are highlighted in OP.

Elwar
01-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Funny thing is, this used to be in the Libertarian Party plank but the reformists got in there and wanted to be a nicer, more PC LP.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-21-2010, 02:36 PM
I am aware of Perkins and others like him, but Dr paul is using the word coup...which is equivalent to a takeover. It seems I wasn't clear enough-- Perkins say about CIA's controversial background & frequent involvement in illegal activities, BUT he never says CIA does it independently. CIA bringing in a plane load of heroin independent of White House is something else or assassinating some low-level adversary in field without specific orders is completely different from what Dr Paul implies-- which is CIA has gone rouge and has taken-over, which is nowhere nearly a substantiated claim. You can see "have you heard about it" and "coup" are highlighted in OP.

The CIA doesn't take orders from the WH. They are outside the law....(Technically, so is our Federal Government....)

dannno
01-21-2010, 02:40 PM

I guess that depends on your definition of "substantiated" but it's pretty obvious to me that the MIC is controlled, the CIA is controlled and our government is controlled... and the CIA is the most secretive of these organizations and gets free reign on secret bombings which ultimately control military policy.

I'm pretty sure we bombed Yemen with a drone a couple weeks before Christmas, I seem to remember a report but could never find it later because of the Christmas bomber from Yemen. That bombing would have been the CIA. Then the CIA helped a terrorist who trained there attempt to attack our citizens on a plane back to the US, so that THE MILITARY can invade Yemen. See, that's how they control the military, not because the head of the CIA calls the military and tells them what to do, but because there is a cohesive structure controlling ALL of these organizations where the CIA ultimately runs the show behind the scenes.

This concept is difficult for people at HotAir to grasp because they don't understand that business interests control our government.. if they do, they some how think it's a good thing because business is good (but not at the expensive of the individual, says the liberty activist!)

dumlat
01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
The CIA doesn't take orders from the WH. They are outside the law....

CIA's working protocol is a relaxed one- no question.
They often have no protocol at all- OK, fine.

Who orders them? Sets their objectives??

Operating outside the law =/= Outside govt. control.

I thought you'd get it this time.

dannno
01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
CIA's working protocol is a relaxed one- no question.
They often have no protocol at all- OK, fine.

Who orders them? Sets their objectives??

Operating outside the law =/= Outside govt. control.

I thought you'd get it this time.

That means our government is taking orders from a lawless class of elites who control the CIA. In the end we reach the same conclusion.

dumlat
01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I guess that depends on your definition of "substantiated" but it's pretty obvious to me that the MIC is controlled, the CIA is controlled and our government is controlled...
No arguing, I second you instead.
But Ron says CIA is out of control and has become policy makers of sort...isn't he? But you/we know they are controlled.

and the CIA is the most secretive of these organizations and gets free reign on secret bombings which ultimately control military policy.

Gentleman, I think you got it inverted. Military policies control secret bombings. You don't explode a bomb and then decide the policy but policy decides if a bombing is required.

I'm pretty sure we bombed Yemen with a drone a couple weeks before Christmas. That was CIA. Then the CIA helped a terrorist who trained there attack our country, so that THE MILITARY can invade Yemen. See, that's how they control the military, not because the head of the CIA calls the military and tells them what to do, but because there is a cohesive structure controlling ALL of these organizations where the CIA ultimately runs the show behind the scenes.

Isn't that an US govt. policy? This is well known to anyone who is interested in these subjects.
Who controls CIA?

Wall Street controls the govt. -- govt. doesn't control CIA -- then who? :confused:

dumlat
01-21-2010, 02:57 PM
That means our government is taking orders from a lawless class of elites who control the CIA. In the end we reach the same conclusion.

Well

Elites control the govt.

Elites also control the CIA.

But both of them doesn't work in unison, is that what Dr Paul meant?

That was a very technical detail to be made public. I wonder how this detail could be helpful or even useful for us in anyway.
:confused:

dannno
01-21-2010, 03:00 PM
The secret bombings are carried out by the CIA, those lead to military action.

The CIA always preps us for military action. Whether it is allowing the 9/11 attacks to happen (and I actually am very aware that they were aiding the attacks), or the bombings in Iraq and other areas in the middle east in the decade before 9/11, all of that shaped our foreign policy. This is a foreign policy that was crafted by the Neo-conservatives. So the neo-conservatives (who are still under the thumb of the elite) control the CIA, shape policy through them and control the military. The CIA is still an out of control organization that has attempted a coup on us, it's just that it's the people who control the CIA who are responsible for that coup.. The CIA is the organization that allowed the coup to take place and supported it.

dannno
01-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Well

Elites control the govt.

Elites also control the CIA.

But both of them doesn't work in unison, is that what Dr Paul meant?

The military, in general, is not as aware of the extent of our secret CIA activities or of the underlying strategy that they are participating in.

The Neocons want to control the middle east, they laid it out in their writings, but the military is simply given orders to contain a specific region using the tools at their dispense.. but they are doing it to kill terrorists and protect America, that is the orders they are given.. but we know that is not the true strategy, the strategy is to control the middle east.. that's where the CIA comes in.

dannno
01-21-2010, 03:05 PM
The CIA is the closest branch of our government to the elite.. they are the primary tool of the elite used to control our government and thus our military..

dumlat
01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
1*The secret bombings are carried out by the CIA, those lead to military action.

The CIA always preps us for military action. Whether it is allowing the 9/11 attacks to happen (and I actually am very aware that they were aiding the attacks), or the 2* bombings in Iraq and other areas in the middle east in the decade before 9/11, all of that shaped our foreign policy. This is a foreign policy that was crafted by the Neo-conservatives. 3* So the neo-conservatives (who are still under the thumb of the elite) control the CIA, shape policy through them and control the military. 4* The CIA is still an out of control organization that has attempted a coup on us, it's just that it's the people who control the CIA who are responsible for that coup.. The CIA is the organization that allowed the coup to take place and supported it.

1* No, foreign policy leads military action which leads to secret bombings. It's the policy that is decided first, not otherwise. FP decides where instigation is required, which decides whether bombings etc are needed, this opens path for military interference. Who decides the policy decides whether military involvement is required or not, CIA is just an intermediary in the path. But Ron seems to be proposing a CIA-on-top theory here.

2* ridiculous.

&

3* == neo-cons still control CIA. :) , :confused: /so the alleged coup happened after neocons left and Obama took over?/

4* == the coup failed!! or is it a coup within a coup?
Are the words coup in 3* and 4* represents the same event?

I think you failed to write down what you thought or felt.

It seems like Dr Paul has muddied the waters (for us) with this comment. And I have a feeling, as I mentioned ..

..we are going to hear about it more and more from now, without ever knowing the dates, persons involved, storyline of the event, how he knew about it etc etc. No details.
this will follow.

Aratus
01-22-2010, 08:25 AM
The CIA is the closest branch of our government to the elite...
they are the primary tool of the elite used to control
our government and thus our military...

we should also be cognicent that the dia, nsa and fbi make less mistakes...
the cia of late is a red herring at best or almost semi-incompetantly out to lunch