PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Wins Presidency Now What?

NPursuit357
10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
We get our victory. RP has all of these ambitions. How does he possibly get his domestic proposals through congress?

OceanMachine7
10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Go slowly. This is a marathon, not a race.

constituent
10-05-2007, 09:24 AM
call it quits!

M.Bellmore
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM
We get our victory. RP has all of these ambitions. How does he possibly get his domestic proposals through congress?

If it was me. I'd want to make it clear that the public will know when legislation that makes sense for the country gets voted down due to special interests, maybe weekly addresses to the country. "Here look at these congress critters that voted down reducing the size of the federal gov't. Here is what it will cost the american people. Please show your displeasure"

Softball tactics don't seem to be working well. While I might try them initally, I'd quickly move to more hardball. Hit 'em where it hurts.

No pork for you!

NPursuit357
10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Go slowly. This is a marathon, not a race.

LOL I realize that. Seriously how can we expect virtually any of his domestic proposals to go through? Foreign policy sure, but domestic?

constituent
10-05-2007, 09:32 AM
i'm just hoping he'll end the unlawful occupation of the south (particularly texas, we can take it from here).

apropos
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
We need to put our money where our mouth is and continue participating in government. Things got this bad because we neglected our responsibilities of oversight. Remember: a republic, if you can keep it.

This should be the attitude even if Ron Paul doesn't win.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
LOL I realize that. Seriously how can we expect virtually any of his domestic proposals to go through? Foreign policy sure, but domestic?

He is very fiscal conservative, how would that not be popular among GOP? And Democrats would like his positions on privacy, foreign policy, and various social issues... he would have bipartisan support

NPursuit357
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys. I know the answer, I'm just trying to get some more reasons/opinions to throw at someone.

ItsTime
10-05-2007, 09:36 AM
I heard Clinton won in a land slide over Rudy.....

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks guys. I know the answer, I'm just trying to get some more reasons/opinions to throw at someone.

A President is very influential. If President Ron Paul made a speech on uhh domestic spying, he would have all the pundits talking about it, politicians at the state level will start to debate the issue... not every accomplishment is in a vote

kylejack
10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO VETO

And Ron saw that it was good.

On the seventh day, he rested.

USPatriot36
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Well if he gets elected, Congress will see which way the wind is blowing and will at least begin to consider his ideas. He can certainly Veto increases in spending. He can certainly order the military not to torture people. He can certainly order that Federal agents quit doing warrantless searches.

This is a Revolution. If all we do is elect Ron Paul, it is a failure. We have to keep this going long beyond the Presidential Election. If we fail to elect Ron, we can still succeed by continuing to demand that the platform of Ron Paul be embraced by our congressional representatives.

dude58677
10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Pardon, Veto, refusing to appoint directors of unconstitutional programs, and laying off federal employees of the IRS, etc.

Omnis
10-05-2007, 09:45 AM
2nd thing to do should be getting Badnarik in congress. lol.

constituent
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
2nd thing to do should be getting Badnarik in congress. lol.

you know... i hate to say it, but unless Badnarik learns to play by the rules
and buys himself a seat, i just don't think it is going to happen.

Original_Intent
10-05-2007, 09:49 AM
You use the bully pulpit and fireside chats to point out ot the American people everthing that needs to be done, and you crucify every Congressman and every Senator that doesn't pull their head out of their ass.

When we get the GOP nomination in 2008, you commit every other elected official that represents you to supporting Ron Paul and if he won't, you get him replaced. Do the same thing at the mid term 2010 election. and the 2012 re-election.

and what dude58677 and kylejack said.

Phenom24
10-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm with Original Intent on this one. Just imagine everyone - were Pres. Paul to say "America, we're going to have a chat tonight. This chat is going to be about the 'inflation tax' and I want you all to listen in - by doing so you can help me add a few percent to your paycheck every week."

Dr. P could hold a different issue every week - just how great would that be? I mean, we talk about how uninformed Americans have become - I think that would be an amazing use of his time and what a relationship would be built with the American people!!!

"President Paul took the time to teach us how the government works and helped us save our money..."

(gets a warm and fuzzy Dr. Paul feeling)

:)

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 09:56 AM
A Ron Paul administration would consist of no insiders...

constituent
10-05-2007, 09:59 AM

i hope you're right.... but inside what?

that's my big concern now... what kind of elitist scum will a paul presidency
enable?

they're always floating around somewhere.

that's why i'll be lobbying for TEXAS LIBERATION!!!!!

locally staged elites make for easy targets (in an intellectual way).

kylejack
10-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Well it might...but they'd be legitimately talented insiders.