PDA

View Full Version : HotAir Neocons Bash Paul for CIA-related comments, endorse primary challenger

Epic
01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
h ttp://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/21/ron-paul-the-cia-conducted-a-coup-in-the-us/

“Take out”? Isn’t Paul a member of Congress? Has he introduced any legislation to stop CIA funding, or demanded any hearings? After all, those are actions that Congress can take short of annihilation. I think the military would laugh at the notion that they take orders from the CIA. They take orders from the President and are accountable to Congress. We know this, because we’re rational adults and not conspiracy theorists.

The only coup that has been conducted is the one that took out Paul’s sense of rationality and judgment years ago. Maybe a primary challenge would be a good idea in Paul’s district.

Update: Good news — there already is a primary challenge in Paul’s district, by Tim Graney:

AuH20
01-21-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm in an epic battle with the denizens of hot air. They are frustrated by my cool head and fact slinging.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Seriously, I could open up my Blum book Killing Hope, and go through from 1947 to 2009 and document to these fools at least 60+ blatant interventions that came back and royally bit us in the ass, not to mention how sadistic and barbaric the CIA is. Call these people out for being hypocrits about both being Pro-Life and Pro-Rule of Law. The CIA is both Anti-Life (Murderers) and Anti-Rule of Law (They are governed by no law, but might makes right).

http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Hope-C-I-Interventions-II-Updated/dp/1567512526/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264104483&sr=8-1

Srs it's an awesome book.

dannno
01-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I think the military would laugh at the notion that they take orders from the CIA. They take orders from the President and are accountable to Congress. We know this, because we’re rational adults and not conspiracy theorists.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!

BWAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

They're so dumb!!!

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Also how do you sign up for a Log In @ Hot Air? I'll detail it all out for these Neo's.

dumlat
01-21-2010, 02:15 PM
This is the first time I have heard Ron Paul saying something strange. I am not surprised that people are reacting that way.

dannno
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Also how do you sign up for a Log In @ Hot Air? I'll detail it all out for these Neo's.

You can try, but they usually only open up registration on a temporary basis.

I just made a comment, but if you want to PM me a comment and the url back to the story I'll post it in a bit... as long as I don't get banned by the time I get your comment...

dannno
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
This is the first time I have heard Ron Paul saying something strange. I am not surprised that people are reacting that way.

It's not "strange", it's absolutely true (though I'm not surprised people are acting that way either)

Checkout the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" (you can also watch interviews of the author on youtube..)

lester1/2jr
01-21-2010, 02:41 PM
any press is good press

Liberty Star
01-21-2010, 02:42 PM
That not so easy on the eyes chic still running that bogus site?

Todd
01-21-2010, 02:43 PM

what in the frak has brought out all the Neo con shrills this month? ^

FrankRep
01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
any press is good press

Not in this case.

Elwar
01-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Update: Good news — there already is a primary challenge in Paul’s district, by Tim Graney:

What happened to Don Cherry?

torchbearer
01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
What happened to Don Cherry?

he switched over to democrat.

TheConstitutionLives
01-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Delete the link! Do not give them the boost in traffic.

lester1/2jr
01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
frankrep- I disagree. lets have this conversation about the CIA. I doubt they are brave enough to stand their ground and defend it as an institution considering all the harm it has done to our security

constitution lives- if it says ron paul on it they are going to get a ton of hits regardless

Bruno
01-21-2010, 04:15 PM
what in the frak has brought out all the Neo con shrills this month? ^

coming out of the woodwork, aren't they?

lester1/2jr
01-21-2010, 04:25 PM
does hot air still think the iraq war was a good idea? I'd love to ask them that.

Promontorium
01-21-2010, 04:53 PM
I think any discusison about the CIA sounds strange. It's an issue rarely discussed. People seem to accept the secret illegal presidential police as a necessary evil in the world.

Anytime you try to bring in any detail, you simply sound crazy. Assassinations? Coups? Global networked spying? Bugging Americans? This sounds like the bread and butter of conspiracy theories, yet if you stop and think rationaly, is the only practical function of the CIA.

If they aren't the wire-tapping, secret police, nation toppling hitmen we assume they are, then they serve no purpose at all. And really, if those are the two options, I vote to cancel the whole thing either way.

Are we supposed to believe all the secrecy and unaccountability will lead us to find out they are just the peace corps in disguise? Do you think we will uncover that they are just the Boy Scouts for adults? Is it possible we may find they are actually the most well funded and secretive chess club? Fuck that. If they aren't nation-destroying-global-spying-murderers, then we've wasted decades and millions on them.

If we just wanted "intelligence" we have the DIA the NSA the FBI the Secret Service the DEA the ATF the NRO the GIA the MDA the many many intelligence agencies under the DHS, Army/Navy/Air Force Intelligence the NSC the NDIC the USNCB the State Department's several intelligence bureaus the OIS the FINCEN AND MANY MANY MANY MORE.

Aratus
01-22-2010, 08:29 AM
the cia once had a more direct control over the reports going to the president's desk...

someperson
01-23-2010, 11:46 AM
I just saw this on MSNBC:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35027603/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/

Since the suicide bombing that took the lives of seven Americans in Afghanistan on Dec. 30, the Central Intelligence Agency has struck back against militants in Pakistan with the most intensive series of missile strikes from drone aircraft since the covert program began.
I think this conveniently timed story supports Dr. Paul's case that they are, in many ways, a government unto themselves and are accountable to no one. Who else can commit acts of war in a foreign nation with such impunity?

angelatc
01-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I just saw this on MSNBC:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35027603/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/

I think this conveniently timed story supports Dr. Paul's case that they are, in many ways, a government unto themselves and are accountable to no one. Who else can commit acts of war in a foreign nation with such impunity?

I think most people fall into one of 3 categories:

a: Don't pay any attention

b: Assume the Commander In Chief approved the attacks

c: Adhere to the Wilsonian American Exceptionalism ideology.

You do not stand a chance at winning over the mindset of the third group. The first and second groups are where the votes must come from.