PDA

View Full Version : Demints SCF is calling for a Moneybomb

Ethek
01-21-2010, 07:18 AM
I see this as an intresting political experiment. The SCF is a commendable organization, but the fact that they have principles that are founded only on an underlying philosophy of 'conservatism' makes me think that this will be a fail for true grassroots outpouring. If anything big time donations will be coordinated for the event.

Dear Fellow Conservative:

I am writing to ask you to help build support for former Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio who is running in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate against Governor Charlie Crist.

The Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) is launching a "moneybomb" today for Marco Rubio that is set to go off on February 10, the one-year anniversary of the day Governor Crist campaigned with President Obama for the $787 billion stimulus bill.

Conservatives across the country recently supported a moneybomb for Senator-elect Scott Brown, which raised $1.3 million for his campaign in just 24 hours. If we can raise just a fraction of that amount for Marco Rubio's campaign, it will give him the momentum and resources he needs to win.

If the Massachusetts Senate race taught us anything, it's that voters want leaders who will stand up for common-sense, conservative principles. Marco Rubio is that kind of leader. He will fight to stop the massive spending, bailouts, and debt that are being forced on us by politicians in Washington.

The outcome of the race for U.S. Senate in Florida is critical. It's a battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party and for America itself. It's a choice between a candidate who will consistently stand up and fight for limited government and more freedom, and one who has been too eager to compromise for political gain.

On February 10, 2009, just one year ago, Governor Crist cleared his schedule to stand on a stage with President Obama in Ft. Meyers, Florida. Crist used the opportunity to embrace the President and campaign for the $787 billion stimulus bill. A year later, we're left with a mountain of new debt and millions of lost jobs. This is not the kind of candidate voters should reward with a seat in the United States Senate.

This is why we have chosen February 10 as the date for our first moneybomb for Marco Rubio. We have set a goal of raising $100,000, which will begin to provide him with the resources he needs to fight the false and misleading attacks Governor Crist is making against him.

If you want to join me and thousands of freedom-loving Americans across the country who are supporting Marco, there are a few things you can do:

Make a pledge at www.RubioMoneyBomb.com to support Marco Rubio's Senate campaign on Feb. 10. You can pledge any amount you like up to $4,800, the maximum allowed by law.

Encourage your friends to support the Feb. 10 moneybomb. You can share the event using email, Facebook, and Twitter.

Contribute to the Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) so we can spread the word to millions of grassroots conservatives nationwide.
As you may know, a number of Republican leaders in Washington endorsed Governor Crist last year because they thought he was the most electable. They were wrong. Polls now show that voters prefer Rubio because of his principled leadership. But Governor Crist has a sizable campaign war chest that he is using against Rubio. We must fight back, and this moneybomb is a perfect way to do it.

Thank you for your support. With your help, we can elect strong leaders like Marco Rubio to the Senate who will fight for the principles of freedom and help us take back our country.

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
United States Senator
Chairman, Senate Conservatives Fund

Stary Hickory
01-21-2010, 07:32 AM
When will this election take place?

CaseyJones
01-21-2010, 07:38 AM
F*** Rubio

Cowlesy
01-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Not until they endorse Rand Paul.

Pass.

Austin
01-21-2010, 08:40 AM
If they endorse Rand Paul, maybe I would participate in the fundraiser style that his father's campaign made famous.

Until then, I'm with Cowsley.

MsDoodahs
01-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Same, I'm with Cowlesy.

Slutter McGee
01-21-2010, 09:18 AM
I wont either until they endorse Rand, but I think this group is worth of at least short term and cautious support from our movement.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Cowlesy
01-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I wont either until they endorse Rand, but I think this group is worth of at least short term and cautious support from our movement.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

I think Jim DeMint is a solid Senator, and he's the force behind S. 609, but Rand Paul is a great candidate, with good fundraising ability, even better poll numbers, and is a constitutional conservative.

There's zero reason for DeMint's PAC not to endorse Rand other than playing personal party politics. Even then, party politics should compliment a strong candidate.

Flash
01-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Marco Rubio? How about holding a money bomb for Chuck DeVore? That is one that Ron Paul supporters might actually support.

Kotin
01-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Marco Rubio is not really that conservative so I dont understand this.

Flash
01-21-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm amazed DeMint endorsed someone like Chuck DeVore then at the same time endorses people like Pat Toomey & Marco Rubio...

MRoCkEd
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
I thanked them but said I would hold off until they endorse Rand.

Slutter McGee
01-21-2010, 07:21 PM

I think I do understand it. It is all comparative. He is naturally compared to Crist, and compared to him, he is very conservative. Not only is this a good and workable powerplay by Demint, but he is also supporting the more conservative of the two candidates. Now that doesn't mean I think we should be throwing money Bombs over Rubio, donating money to him, or actively campaigning for him, rather that as a political move, its good, and ultimately, a lesser negative than Crist getting elected.

Slutter McGee