PDA

View Full Version : A bump in the polls?

Sematary
10-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Do you think this round of media presence will make a dent in the polls?

Sematary
10-05-2007, 10:46 AM
bumped for responses

noxagol
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
yes

hopeforamerica
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Only time will tell, but my gut and my heart say YES!!!

mavtek
10-05-2007, 10:48 AM
I hope so, but it really wasn't that much media attention. I hope we get more from Cafferty today and we really need to get some from the next debate.

zebov
10-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm hoping we can hit ~5% in the next week or so. We'll see. We need to keep working!

ronpaulitician
10-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Yes.

The polls reflect the populace's belief that a candidate can win (not a candidate's true support).

The MSM suddenly seeing Paul as a contender/frontrunner because of the $5+ fundraising will make more people believe that he has a shot.

Ergo, the poll numbers will go up.

The question is, by how much?

jumpyg1258
10-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Depends on if they include Ron in the polls now or not. If so of course because the support he did have couldn't answer the poll in the way they wanted before. Sure there are going to be more supporters now that people might find out who he is, but the bump will be from the current supporters out there and not the new ones.

yongrel
10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
well, maybe now the pollsters will actually include RP's name in the options, as opposed to burying him in the "other" section.

A month from now, I'm expecting to see RP polling at about 9%

*fingers crossed*

Sematary
10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Depends on if they include Ron in the polls now or not. If so of course because the support he did have couldn't answer the poll in the way they wanted before. Sure there are going to be more supporters now that people might find out who he is, but the bump will be from the current supporters out there and not the new ones.

Remember the guy who related the rasmussen poll thingy the other day? I posted that story on libertynewsforum.com (lots of neocons there) and for some reason they STILL believe that it was scientific (lmao @ that) and that putting a candidate under "other" didn't have an impact on the responses. What a bunch of mOrons!

IRO-bot
10-05-2007, 10:59 AM
How is a Liberty forum full of neo-cons? That is baffling.

Phil M
10-05-2007, 11:00 AM
If Mike Huckabee was able to suddenly start polling at 8% nationally because he came in second place in some straw poll because the FairTax people liked him, I think we might be able to do the same with some national media coverage. I think ABC News averages about 7 million viewers a night, so who knows.

born2drv
10-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I say yes.... I think it will change people's perception of him a bit.... maybe not the average guy who doesn't follow politics, but it definitely seems to have changed the media and this will eventually change the average guy.

Will he get as much coverage as everyone else? No. Will he get more repesect? Yes. Will we have to stop pressing "7" for "Other" to vote for him in telephone polls, yes I think so.

I think he should at least get 10% of the media coverage Rudy, etc get going forward... and if we just get 10% that's 10x more then we had before ;) I think the media will treat him like huckabee had been treated prior, maybe even better since he's a more "legit" black horse now then huckabee ever was.

Sematary
10-05-2007, 11:03 AM
How is a Liberty forum full of neo-cons? That is baffling.

They think they have the solution to the world's problems - bomb it and ask questions later.

scubasteve01
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Why aren't we attacking these polls and getting their exact data that they're using on the phones? We all know that he's not being listed or he's listed under an option of "Press 6 for more".

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 11:38 AM
well, maybe now the pollsters will actually include RP's name in the options, as opposed to burying him in the "other" section.

Exactly!

Drknows
10-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Do you think this round of media presence will make a dent in the polls?

Simply put NO the polls are not scientific never have been.

Taco John
10-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Undoubtedly, but the real test will come in the week after Tuesday's debate. People are intrigued by Paul right now, but he can seal the deal on a lot of voters on Tuesday.

zebov
10-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Undoubtedly, but the real test will come in the week after Tuesday's debate. People are intrigued by Paul right now, but he can seal the deal on a lot of voters on Tuesday.

Yeah... it kinda makes me nervous. I want him to do well, but I know debates aren't his best venue. I just hope he doesn't yell as much as in the past :)

mkrfctr
10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
They think they have the solution to the world's problems - bomb it and ask questions later.
Nah, why even ask questions later, if in doubt, bomb it again. :D