PDA

View Full Version : Congressman McClintock Has A Problem With Ed Schultz!

Immortal Technique
01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
YouTube - Congressman McClintock Has A Problem With Ed Schultz! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-blUdnO5dM)

January 20, 2010 C-SPAN

Here is what Mr.McClintock is talking about in case you may have missed it

YouTube - ED Schultz Says He'd Cheat To Keep Brown From Winning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8nZGJy3WI)

Broadcasted Jan.15, 2010

ED Schultz Says He'd Cheat To Keep Brown From Winning
He says he would try to vote ten times.

RCA
01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
what a douche, thanks for posting this.

Stary Hickory
01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I agree with what was said about Schultz. If taken the right way one could almost say he was telling his listeners to commit voter fraud.....it' not illegal but deplorable.

klamath
01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Not that I am a Limbaugh fan but if he would have said this it would have been bouncing all over the news like his stupid hati comments.

ARealConservative
01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
I would respect this a whole bunch more if they would of said the same thing when Rush Limbaugh was calling on citizens to engage in fraud during the democratic primaries.

Tom was strangely silent then, no?

ARealConservative
01-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Not that I am a Limbaugh fan but if he would have said this it would have been bouncing all over the news like his stupid hati comments.

He kind of did.

he called on people to vote for Hillary in the primaries as a way to subvert the election process.

Stary Hickory
01-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I would respect this a whole bunch more if they would of said the same thing when Rush Limbaugh was calling on citizens to engage in fraud during the democratic primaries.

Tom was strangely silent then, no?

Ok what did he say.....proof or something please. I am no Rush fan, but it does not sound like him.

low preference guy
01-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Voting for Hillary is perfectly legal. Voting many times for the same candidate is not.

Stary Hickory
01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
He kind of did.

he called on people to vote for Hillary in the primaries as a way to subvert the election process.

Well I don't see how this is bad? So the people are trying to influence the election? So what is that not their right? They want to insure that they at the very least get stuck with the lesser of two evils..so what? If the Democrats want to know which of the candidates people support the most is it not moral for people to give a vote?

ARealConservative
01-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Well I don't see how this is bad? So the people are trying to influence the election? So what is that not their right? They want to insure that they at the very least get stuck with the lesser of two evils..so what? If the Democrats want to know which of the candidates people support the most is it not moral for people to give a vote?

I agree it isn't as bad as what Schultz did.

Technically, it is totally legal to vote for someone you don't want to win, but it certainly makes a mockery of a functioning republic, and he should of been crucified for suggesting to his listeners to do it, which is something Shultz didn't actually do.

klamath
01-20-2010, 07:53 PM
I agree it isn't as bad as what Schultz did.

Technically, it is totally legal to vote for someone you don't want to win, but it certainly makes a mockery of a functioning republic, and he should of been crucified for suggesting to his listeners to do it, which is something Shultz didn't actually do.

As I recall Rush's comments about voting for Hillary were bouncing all over the news.

ARealConservative
01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
As I recall Rush's comments about voting for Hillary were bouncing all over the news.

Was it ever brought up on the House Floor?

Did a single Republican Politician denounce it?

klamath
01-20-2010, 08:01 PM

McClintock wasn't in congress then but I agree there always is a double standard and Rush should have been called on it.

Stary Hickory
01-20-2010, 08:05 PM

It's not the same thing whatsoever, for one it's not an illegal act. A primary concerns the Democratic party not the nation. They can change the rules if they dislike this, or they can bar independents from voting if they really don't want to know which they support.

But seeing as they do want to see which independents want then they are screwed. Honestly I fail to see the harm in this happening on both sides. having more opportunity to shape the elections is power to the people.

ARealConservative
01-20-2010, 08:14 PM
It's not the same thing whatsoever, for one it's not an illegal act. A primary concerns the Democratic party not the nation. They can change the rules if they dislike this, or they can bar independents from voting if they really don't want to know which they support.

But seeing as they do want to see which independents want then they are screwed. Honestly I fail to see the harm in this happening on both sides. having more opportunity to shape the elections is power to the people.

illegal, no

deplorable, yes.