PDA

View Full Version : Do You Listen to Free Talk Live?

powerofreason
01-20-2010, 05:04 PM
freetalklive.com - Pro liberty radio, internationally syndicated. Live tonight @ 7pm eastern

What are your thoughts on hosts Ian and Mark and the show in general? Just got into listening to it again. I do like it a lot, most of the time. Ian is both witty and highly principled. Exposing the evils of statism in a way that makes sense, is funny, and brave. Never afraid to call out and even humiliate agents of the state. Mark kinda pisses me off sometimes because he always tries to somehow lend support to the wrong side of arguments.

Your thoughts?

South Park Fan
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately I don't get the opportunity to listen that often.

Dreamofunity
01-20-2010, 06:19 PM
I use to never miss an episode for around 10+ months, stopped listening a while back when I went on vacation and missed around 10 days and just never caught up or kept with it. I probably haven't listened to them in a few months. I enjoyed it when I listened to it, but I don't really have the time for it anymore.

JamesButabi
01-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I listen to the podcast daily at work. Im a huge advocate of the Free State Project and love their continued progress. FTL is one of their main recruiters. I also visit them firsthand for the various Liberty events.

mczerone
01-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Over the summer I'd listen at night after work, now too busy to regularly catch talk-radio.

I do try to listen to Liberty Radio Network (http://libertyradionetwork.com/) while I work out though. It's a great podcast anthology.

Slutter McGee
01-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I quit after the unfortunate attack on Rand, and the ridiculous anger expoused over an issue when there are constitutional and libertarian arguments for and against. Further posts on this forum by one certain person, who I will not name, further cemented my opinion on Free Talk Live.

So no. I don't listen to them, and I encourage others not to.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

MRoCkEd
01-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I tuned in every now and again but stopped when that guy dissed Rand

PreDeadMan
01-20-2010, 08:40 PM
I listen to free talk live almost every single day. I was kind of eh.... when they went after Rand Paul but I sort of understood the reason they did it. They criticized him on the immigration issue. I was surprised that Mark and Ian didn't figure out maybe Rand was compromising on a few issues just to get some neocon support to back him up. Then when he gets in the senate he goes all out for liberty. I still love free talk live ;)

mollymae
01-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Is this show available as a podcast through itunes?

FindLiberty
01-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Is this show available as a podcast through itunes?

think so, it was free last year...

Pants
01-20-2010, 11:18 PM
I listen to Free Talk Live occasionally. I mostly download the Podcast.. You can listen to it over the phone if you have unlimited nights and weekends on your cell. the number is 712-338-7200. Once in awhile I'll dial up the show, put the cell phone on speaker phone, and listen to it while working around the house.

Genesis Communications Network has 4 different channels or streams you just enter the channel number and listen to whenever they are on.. Schedule can be found right here... http://www.gcnlive.com/assets/forms/schedule.pdf

FSP-Rebel
01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
I tuned in every now and again but stopped when that guy dissed Rand
I gave Ian shit for that and i think he has toned it down a notch. Either way, they have the best pro-liberty show that there is. I hate when people cherry pick the issues, but then what do you expect out of an anarchist.. FTL is the best show out there and they have increased to 62 affiliates in the last few months. By far, the best show on air now. I love their multiple cohost format and i listen every day live. The chatroom during the show is decent too: http://chat.freetalklive.com

UnReconstructed
01-20-2010, 11:45 PM
listen daily and love when it when they expose aggression.

I really, really dislike that caller Frank.

BuddyRey
01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I listen to the podcast religiously, and have since I first found out about them two years ago from a member of my local Ron Paul Meetup. I was still pretty liberal at the time, so the show shocked me at first. But the arguments and reasoning presented on their show (and on these forums) gradually led me toward Voluntaryism.

I'd be an Amplifier if I had more money.