PDA

View Full Version : Sarah "The Mavericky Reformer" Palin to campaign for John McCain in Arizona

The Patriot
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Palin, the former Alaska governor who was McCain's vice presidential running mate last year, will campaign for McCain's re-election bid as a senator from Arizona in March, the senator said in a statement on Wednesday.

There has been plenty of sniping between the Palin and McCain camps after they lost the election to Democrat Barack Obama but McCain and Palin themselves have remained on friendly terms.

"I'm looking forward to getting back on the campaign trail with my former running mate, and I know my fellow Arizonans will welcome her as well," McCain said. "Sarah energized our nation and remains a leading voice in the Republican Party."

McCain has no announced challenger yet for the Republican nomination but conservative radio talk show host J.D. Hayworth has talked of possibly challenging the Vietnam war hero.

Palin is now a star of the Republican Party and a big draw on the fund-raising circuit. She is a Fox News contributor.

Her best-selling memoir, "Going Rogue," talked of her Alaska upbringing and her frustrations with McCain's top aides, who have denied her charges.

(Reporting by Steve Holland; Editing by David Storey)

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60J41Z20100120

rpfan2008
01-20-2010, 02:24 PM
They always look for politicians/agents with a 'Panama canal in their backyard' , I can only imagine what kind of Panama canal she had in her past.

ItsTime
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
"The Mavericky Reform Tea Bag Drinking"

dannno
01-20-2010, 02:32 PM
That would be a Republican seat worth losing.

Badger Paul
01-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Going rouge, more like going Republican.

Only a sell-out would go help McCain.

Fine then, she'll find she'll have few friends when 2012 comes around.