PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Magazine Cover Bombs

RonPaulFanInGA
01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/pallid_palin_v0Xgn2Qzt3C5m7K4cWdcSJ

In Touch Weekly's gamble on Sarah Palin didn't pay off. The magazine paid $100,000 for a cover story on the former Alaska governor and her daughter, Bristol, for the current issue. But, despite Palin's huge book sales and TV ratings, sources said In Touch sold about 500,000 copies on newsstands, about half the number it sold a few weeks ago with the late Brittany Murphy on the cover. Insiders said political covers don't usually sell well for supermarket weeklies. In Touch will return to Hollywood this week with Angelina Jolie on the front page.

Aratus
01-20-2010, 01:25 PM
folks... the low sales may have turned it into more of a collector's item! try to discretely buy the issue!

BillyDkid
01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Now, if Sarah were to show up in a Playboy or Penthouse pictorial, THAT would be a collectors item and worth picking up. I think Playboy should offer her a billion for it. I think they'd make it back.

dannno
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
LOL, my roommate says his girlfriend buys Cosmo and shit cause after she reads it she has a good incentive to go to the gym. He often finds them in the trash just after she's gone off to workout.