PDA

View Full Version : Heard a Perry radio ad today, first one I've heard

MsDoodahs
01-20-2010, 11:43 AM
It was done as a "gameshow" with questions like "which Senator voted FOR Obama's stimulus plan ONE DAY after she assured (some group of texans) that she was AGAINST it?" bell rings, "contestant" says "Kay Baily Hutchinson?" Host shouts YES! Then another question.

I thought it was really interesting because the ad said "Kay Bailey Hutchinson" about 6 times and only had a mention of Perry at the VERY END - "political ad paid for by Perry for Governor" or something.

So will this kind of ad help Debra, I wonder?

Will she benefit as Rick and Kay tear each other apart?

Bern
01-20-2010, 12:44 PM

Yes.

I heard the same ad.

I hope Medina does well in the next debate and starts raising some serious funding to get her own commercials on the air.

itshappening
01-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes, this helps Medina because she needs to beat KBH

Imperial
01-20-2010, 06:04 PM
It was done as a "gameshow" with questions like "which Senator voted FOR Obama's stimulus plan ONE DAY after she assured (some group of texans) that she was AGAINST it?" bell rings, "contestant" says "Kay Baily Hutchinson?" Host shouts YES! Then another question.

I thought it was really interesting because the ad said "Kay Bailey Hutchinson" about 6 times and only had a mention of Perry at the VERY END - "political ad paid for by Perry for Governor" or something.

Perry and KBH are trying to destroy each other's favorables with negative framing. This helps Medina as the criticisms don't really apply to her, since she doesn't have elected office.

The ads I have been seeing on TV are similar. Perry attacks KBH for the bailout vote, KBH attacks Perry for the TTC. It is beautiful to see the fireworks!

james1906
01-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Perry and KBH are trying to destroy each other's favorables with negative framing. This helps Medina as the criticisms don't really apply to her, since she doesn't have elected office.

The ads I have been seeing on TV are similar. Perry attacks KBH for the bailout vote, KBH attacks Perry for the TTC. It is beautiful to see the fireworks!

DM needs bring this up at the next debate that the other candidates are each attacking the other's conservative credentials because neither has any conservative credentials.

MsDoodahs
01-21-2010, 08:45 AM
DM needs bring this up at the next debate that the other candidates are each attacking the other's conservative credentials because neither has any conservative credentials.

THAT is extremely good.

Texan4Life
01-21-2010, 11:44 AM
haven't heard any radio commercials yet. but I have seen some TV ads. a perry one, and 2 KBH ones. One of KBH's was just an attack ad on perry not mentioning her except for who paid for the ad.

payme_rick
01-21-2010, 11:14 PM
yah, it's been on the radio for a few months now...

lady answers "KBH" to the questions a few times and the game-show host says "congrats you win" or whatever and the lady answers (paraphrasing here) "wrong, with KBH nobody wins"...

pretty cheesy but as pointed out: you only know the add is coming from Perry at the very end...

dead accurate message and really awesome that Perry is baaarrrrrrrrrrellly mentioned...

Thanks, Rick!

your turn, Kay!

"this guy was a cheerleader.... at A&M"

BINGO!