PDA

View Full Version : Making the $4,000,00 Goal - Micro-fundraisers brainstorm

mesler
10-05-2007, 07:30 AM
I've been thinking over the past few days about how to get those who like Ron Paul to actually donate. I then got to thinking that while I am personally not that convincing face to face, a friend of mine is very convincing. I'm not confident that I can convince, but I know John can. I got the idea by talking to my brother in law, who while looking at my newly arrived Ron Paul signs said "Yeah, my dad likes that guy." His dad has a huge body shop right off the interstate and hundreds of contacts himself. And I thought "Wow, we need this guy's dad to be a full-blow supporter. I bet John could convince him in minimal time."

I know some people, people with lots of money and contacts. Business owners, etc. They could easily give a few hundred bucks, and these same people could be very powerful allies for us. And so I propose that to meet our fund-raising goals, we target them.

Everyone in our meetup could potentially compile a spreadsheet of people who we all know, and make an effort to get them some documentation on RP, perhaps an audio CD, meet with them to talk to them after that, and lastly make contact and give them a pre-filled donation form and stamped envelope.

Seems that the general outline is:

1.) Compile a local list of contacts, and include areas of interest for that person.
2.) Create custom packages of information for each person as a group, and then have the contacts for those people deliver the information.
3.) Have the contact owners ask the people what they thought. If it's positive, ask if they would allow you and your convincing friend to come talk to him about it for a few minutes. At the end of the conversation, give them the filled-out fund-raising form and filled-out envelope and ask them to consider giving a donation as you did for the first time ever (well that's true for many people.) This is of course a touchy part, I'd say use your own judgment as to whether or not it is a good time to ask.