PDA

View Full Version : Kokesh Recruits a New Republican

ronpaulhawaii
01-20-2010, 12:33 AM
From the inbox:

Today is my last day as a non-affiliated voter. I have never before registered with a political party because I donít buy into the rhetoric that each group has surrounded themselves with, building walls between Americans that are thickly layered with ignorance and intolerance. Iíve always voted my conscious and cast my vote for those whom I believe to be good and honest as well as intelligent and capable of genuinely serving the country that I dearly love.

The idea of embracing a party had never crossed my mind. Until yesterday.

I have had the opportunity to speak with two Republican candidates for New Mexicoís 3rd Congressional District. I was impressed with both Tom Mullins and Adam Kokesh as being good and honest men. There is no doubt in my mind that they both possess character, intelligence and are driven by a genuine desire to serve our country, our state and our people. I would gladly have voted for either of them in the general election as I have never voted in a primary election.

Why the sudden change of conviction? Itís less a change of conviction rather than a reminder of fact. Several years ago, I sat down with an Army recruiting officer. While he was finishing up a phone call, I occupied myself looking at the various artworks and signs on the walls of his office. One piece in particular caught my eye. It was a reminder that as the recruiting officer, this man was responsible for the soldiers he recruited. He was responsible for their training. Their conduct. Their deployment. Their service. And for their return. However they returned. When the officer turned to speak with me, my eyes were still glued to this piece of paper over the manís desk. ďThatís a lot of responsibility to bearĒ, was all I could say.

The recruiting officer, a man who had seen his share of battle, death and dying, turned grey and as his eyes filled, he responded, ďYou have no idea.Ē

Heís right. I donít. Iíve never had to make that decision. Iíve never watched a loved one depart for a far-off country. Iíve never seen my friends or family come home in a flag-draped coffin. I can only empathize with the loved ones who have endured this type of loss.

I do, however, recognize fully the bravery, the sacrifice and the commitment that these young men and women make. I respect and honor each of them and pray daily for their safety. I pray too, for our leaders to exercise sound judgment in the conduct of war; that it may be for just cause, done as quickly and cleanly as possible and to mitigate the loss of life.

I read a statement made by Mr. Mullins regarding Mr. Kokeshís resume, and how it was a one-item resume of just being an Iraqi veteran and then Mr. Mullins listed his own resume, among which items he included: pro-life, pro-gun, Catholic, father, engineer and taxpaying creator of wealth. It struck me as just a little bit wrong and hereís why:

According to www.kokeshforcongress.com, Mr. Kokesh is also pro-life and pro-gun. In fact, he even explains his basis for his position. Itís kind of nice to know he put some thought into his positions rather than just being fed the party line.

I do not know Mr. Kokeshís religion, nor do I feel compelled to ask. He has demonstrated Christian values and virtues in what I have seen thus far.

This is far more important to me than professing a religion, especially in recent days as we pray for Haitians and the relief workers who are struggling to bring aid to this devastated country. I was stunned when a so-called-Christian leader basically said that this earthquake was retribution from God. A news report just related that there is an orphanage with 300 infants lying on a flat-bed trailer, covered in flies. They are in danger of losing what precious little food and water they have to a terrified populace. I doubt these children have ever angered God.

I appreciate Mr. Mullinsí pride of fatherhood and have no doubt he is a good father, however, I do not think that is a qualification necessary for election. I respect the chosen occupation of being an engineer, but again, I donít think those skills will translate directly to office. Taxpaying creator of wealth? I think the majority of Americans DO pay taxes and weíre making someone wealthierÖ but it certainly isnít ourselves.

So for his own resume, Mr. Mullins dismissed Mr. Kokesh as ill-equipped to represent New Mexico. Because he is ďjustĒ an Iraqi veteran. Mr. Kokesh has already proven himself to be that and much more. Take a look at the issues. Listen to what Mr. Kokesh has to say. He has a keen mind and understanding in addition to being pro-constitution, pro-life, pro-gun and his status as a veteran.

Hereís what I am tired of, just one thing in a long list. I am tired of sending young men and women to die in a foreign country without clear and effective leaders giving them a straightforward objective. Iím tired of sending the mightiest military in the world out to do a job without giving them the means to do it. Iím tired of old men in Washington who have never served in the armed forces deciding what is acceptable in terms of duration and loss of life. I am tired of seeing these soldiers support and defend the Constitution that their own government treats with total disregard. I am tired of politicians.

I am ready for a real-world candidate who, and this is refreshing, isnít promising me my own money back in the form of entitlements. I am ready for a candidate who agrees that our federal body of government has exceeded its limits. I am ready for a candidate who can look me in the eye and tell me that no matter what I ask, he is going to support the Constitution of the United States of America. I am relieved that I have found such a candidate in Mr. Adam Kokesh.

Over the years, there have been issues that have driven a wedge between the conservatives of our nation. We have disagreed over many things, and this is not necessarily a bad thing because out of disagreement comes dialogue. We have become better educated. Now, we stand at a crossroads where true leaders will step forward to carry on our greatest traditions of liberty, freedom and equality into the future. But to make this a reality, we must unite behind candidates who are capable of being those leaders. I become a Republican tomorrow.

tpreitzel
01-20-2010, 12:43 AM
"I am tired of politicians."

Aren't we all? Welcome to Club America ... whatever it takes! ;)

Travlyr
01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
"I am ready for a real-world candidate who, and this is refreshing, isnít promising me my own money back in the form of entitlements. I am ready for a candidate who agrees that our federal body of government has exceeded its limits. I am ready for a candidate who can look me in the eye and tell me that no matter what I ask, he is going to support the Constitution of the United States of America. I am relieved that I have found such a candidate in Mr. Adam Kokesh."

This is how Adam Kokesh is building a team for liberty.

Want to help out? While it takes money, the grassroots can help in a number of other ways:

Learn what the Constitution of the United States says. - Michael Badnarik's class. (http://constitutionalrepublic.net/constitution.htm)
Call For Kokesh (http://www.callforkokesh.com/) - This one is for serious liberty lovers. You get to make the calls.
Make a sign.
Wear a KokeshforCongress button and start a conversation. We will send you one.
Spread the word. Talk to people you know about why freedom is important to you.
Use a bumper sticker.
Go to the website and join.
Micro Blog.
Volunteer.
Donate your time to help someone out and ask them to donate to KokeshforCongress.

What did I forget? A whole bunch of other ways, so come up with one and use it.

Getting involved in the liberty movement feels good.
As Ron Paul said, "Freedom is popular."

Rancher
01-20-2010, 02:05 PM
People are ready.

kathy88
01-20-2010, 03:17 PM
For posting this. I wish there were millions more just like this one :)

Travlyr
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
+1

purplechoe
01-20-2010, 08:12 PM
That's damn good read... a little more fuel for the fire... :)

live liberty
01-21-2010, 12:41 AM
That's damn good read... a little more fuel for the fire... :)

Damn good read!

MR2Fast2Catch
01-21-2010, 09:12 PM
That was a really inspiring, touching and motivating letter! Thanks for sharing it with us!