PDA

View Full Version : Whew, made it...

Derek Johnson
01-20-2010, 12:06 AM
http://www.texastribune.org/election-2010/tx-house/

Texas Leg. District 57, scroll down, that's me with an L by my name. :D

Jim Dunnam is head of the committee to funnel the "stimulai funds" coming to Texas, so it's highly unlikely I will win. But, I'm all about rattling his more big government programs, much more laws, much more cops, much more legal defense cases lawyer cage. I know nothing about Marva Beck (R) other than she's the county GOP chair...

Suggestions, advice, strategies? I won't face a primary in March, my day is in November. You 2007 era RPFers already know, I'm Ron Paul through and through.

I'm fairly well read on:

Narcotics prohibition, Prostitution, Gambling, Libel/Blackmail (Legislating Morality in general)

Austro-Libertarian vs. Supply Side and/or Keynesianism

Gold as money w/100% banking reserves

Interstate Commerce commission/clause

"Loser Pays" and Privatization Considerations of Law Enforcement, Courts, and
Municipal Services

16th & 17th Amendment Sunsets & State Rights
Legality of Secession

the "General Welfare Clause"

Property Rights and the many derivatives (speech, guns, privacy etc)

So, if you we me, what would you do to impact this largely welfare-craving district with free market, limited government principles?

!Gracias!

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Good luck! He won with 89% and 85% in consecutive years....You have to show them how the free-market works in their interests and how welfare doesn't. Pound away at inflation, debt, civil liberties, anti-war (Bring home TX national guard), etc. If I actually laid out a definitive plan it would be pages and pages. Go get' em Derek. :p

Dieseler
01-20-2010, 12:33 AM
You already know the answer Derek, I've seen you do it more than a few times and you are good at it. Aside from that, don't spring the trap till you find yourself in the winners circle where you can make a difference.
Good luck.

lynnf
01-20-2010, 05:45 AM
wow, that's a really old picture of Dunnam..... is that his high school graduation picture? ha, ha

what will it take to get your information in there, it was mostly empty when I looked?

lynn

Derek Johnson
01-20-2010, 02:33 PM
You already know the answer Derek, I've seen you do it more than a few times and you are good at it. Aside from that, don't spring the trap till you find yourself in the winners circle where you can make a difference.
Good luck.

That's true, but if you know the deck is stacked against you, then saying the truth on the campaign trail is really your only chance.

wow, that's a really old picture of Dunnam..... is that his high school graduation picture? ha, ha

what will it take to get your information in there, it was mostly empty when I looked?

lynn

I'll be sure to update it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Good luck! He won with 89% and 85% in consecutive years....You have to show them how the free-market works in their interests and how welfare doesn't. Pound away at inflation, debt, civil liberties, anti-war (Bring home TX national guard), etc. If I actually laid out a definitive plan it would be pages and pages. Go get' em Derek. :p

I'll try to condense the Austro-Libertarian positions as they relate to my opening salvo in a book. This may be a great work in progress which others can add to or refine.