PDA

View Full Version : Make Us Stronger

hotbrownsauce
01-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Today I realized this group we have all built together during the Ron Paul 2008 campaign can't survive without some hard choices. I also realized candidates running for office can't expect much from us because too many candidates and organizations are asking too much. Sadly we can't fight every battle we want to. Imagine if George Washington had spread his troops thinly around the colonies. Would we have won the war for our independence? Most probably not. That same concept can be applied towards our efforts. Our efforts, donations, and work go less noticed and effective when it is watered down.

Of course the Tea Parties were started by Paul supporters years ago. And of course the Tea Parties have been infiltrated. Just think of how police officers, CIA agents, and the FBI have been used and are used to join groups and cause disruptions and or try to start violence in rallys. We have to be aware people out there want to disrupt our activities and stain our reputation. This is why my signature says what it says.

The problem with our association and like minded liberty friends is that we don't all have a plan to obtain our end goal. We have an end goal (liberty freedom constitutional government), but no collective effort to get there. For instance we had Ron Paul run for president. That goal was easy because the Presidency is the most publicized race, not many candidates are involved, and only one person can win. When we all focused on that one race we .. were .. everywhere!

If we want to help others on a national level we need to pick our battles, limit the number of battles, and fight them until the end! Or we will not win. As Peter Schiff said, we all have to make sacrifices. If that means some candidates can't win their seat this time around then so be it.

If you want to see candidates win. If you want us to be stronger. Pick fights wisely and fight them to the end! People who want to run will have to understand we can't help all of them.

We need to get busy building ourselves. There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who let things happen (reactioneers) and those who make things happen (actioneers). If someone infiltrates an operation (tea party) beyond repairability we need to move on. Why is it that some people are more willing and interested in finding wrongs than preventing them before they happen again? Just as the guy from the movie Network said, we know its bad, you don't have to tell us its bad! We know things are going to continue happening for the worst! We need to change our attitude to how do we stop this abuse of government?

Another thing I learned over the last few years is that some battles are too hard. We can't win the tough battles unless we start small. This is why many people have started working at local levels so eventually the national level is reflective of the local level.

Our influence is far from being over. Our power is far from being gone. It is where and how hard we use our powerful voice. Lets make some tougher decisions and be more picky about where and how we spend our time, money, and efforts.

Let us sit for a while (not pick many more resource draining fights) and thicken our watered down mass and then we can deliver some powerful punches at the status quo.

steve005
01-20-2010, 12:01 AM
I think I should focus on what little we have left of the internet, we need to come up with a better way to spread info virally,

low preference guy
01-20-2010, 12:05 AM
It's possible to pick our battles on an individual basis, but not collectively. You are not going to convince a hard core supporter of any candidate to drop his support for him and instead support a candidate arrived by consensus in the movement.

steve005
01-20-2010, 12:11 AM
It's possible to pick our battles on an individual basis, but not collectively

why not?

You are not going to convince a hard core supporter of any candidate to drop his support for him and instead support a candidate arrived by consensus in the movement.

I don't think thats what he was saying