PDA

View Full Version : Conservative candidate to run against Snowe

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Who is a mystery. It will be reviled on Feb 11th at 4pm in Maine.

-t

james1906
01-19-2010, 10:49 PM

-t

http://ahabsquest.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/murdershewrote.jpg

If you want someone from Maine who can solve anything, she's your only choice.

Flash
01-19-2010, 10:50 PM
A Ron Paul conservative?

parocks
01-20-2010, 12:12 AM

-t

She better have a primary challenger. Snowe is weaker than Collins.

libertarian4321
01-20-2010, 03:48 AM

-t

Why will he be reviled?

parocks
01-20-2010, 04:13 AM
There's also a Governor's race in Maine this year. 8 or so Republicans are running for the nomination at this point. Abbott and LePage are the probable front runners there. Abbott is Susan Collins Chief of Staff. He apparently has very little experience apart from being Susan Collins Chief of Staff. He is likely to get support, money, endorsements from the Republican Political establishment. He is not apparently a Liberal Republican, but he may be a RINO. LePage is getting a little bit more support from grass roots conservatives / tea partiers, but he isn't exactly a Liberty Candidate. He's the Mayor of Waterville, which is a Democrat city, but he keeps getting reelected, and he has been able to cut taxes. He has business experience as the General Manager of Mardens. I like him.

Perhaps LePage will drop out of the Governor's race and take on Snowe? Probably not. Not saying that's a good move or anything.

-t

Ethek
01-22-2010, 11:27 AM
There's also a Governor's race in Maine this year. 8 or so Republicans are running for the nomination at this point. Abbott and LePage are the probable front runners there. Abbott is Susan Collins Chief of Staff. He apparently has very little experience apart from being Susan Collins Chief of Staff. He is likely to get support, money, endorsements from the Republican Political establishment. He is not apparently a Liberal Republican, but he may be a RINO. LePage is getting a little bit more support from grass roots conservatives / tea partiers, but he isn't exactly a Liberty Candidate. He's the Mayor of Waterville, which is a Democrat city, but he keeps getting reelected, and he has been able to cut taxes. He has business experience as the General Manager of Mardens. I like him.

Perhaps LePage will drop out of the Governor's race and take on Snowe? Probably not. Not saying that's a good move or anything.

Are you in Maine parocks? Id likew to hook up. Im in Portland and have been for the last month and a half. Im going back to KY on the 30th for the Rands rally and hang out with my frineds on the cmapaing there, but I want to be in on this race for whoever is running against Snowe.

Aratus
01-22-2010, 01:30 PM
DARE I ASK IF ITs STEVE MARTIN of AROOSTOOK COUNTY?

Epic
01-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Why are you guys worrying about 2012?

There's also a Governor's race in Maine this year.

Okay, but there's no senate race.

Ethek
01-22-2010, 01:44 PM
DARE I ASK IF ITs STEVE MARTIN of AROOSTOOK COUNTY?

any background on this steve martin?

yokna7
01-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Maybe it's Bob Marley, the comedian. He's a Maine native!:)

Aratus
01-22-2010, 01:48 PM
http://ahabsquest.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/murdershewrote.jpg

If you want someone from Maine who can solve anything, she's your only choice.

i'm still thinking our rEVOLUTIONaRY STEVE MARTIN from AROOSTOOK could be QUITE a contender!

nate895
01-22-2010, 01:51 PM

Were you not around during the campaign. From what I remember, he was a pretty active poster.

Ethek
01-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Were you not around during the campaign. From what I remember, he was a pretty active poster.

I know that the Ron Paul contingent nearly took over the party up here before being shut out. I haven't been able to connect with anyone. I did not make the connection that Steve was in Maine.

ronpaulhawaii
01-22-2010, 02:00 PM

He worked his ass off for RP during the primaries, was a bit controversial though...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130156

parocks
01-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Why are you guys worrying about 2012?

Okay, but there's no senate race.

This is a very valid point.

LePage for Governor.

Ethek
01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
This is a very valid point.

LePage for Governor.

I like LePage. He has a following among the tea-partiers here. Some of the ticks against him is that he needs a couple new suits.. a little more polish. I could see getting behind him.

Elwar
01-22-2010, 03:13 PM

He's a Wild and Crraaazzy Guyyy!!!!