PDA

View Full Version : Let's get Beck to talk about and endorse Debra Medina...

payme_rick
01-19-2010, 06:22 PM
besides just flooding his email and his sidekicks' emails, what do you think we need to do to get the name "Debra Medina" stuck in Glenn Beck's head like a bad song with that beat you can't shake until he starts spilling it out of his mouth and into his mic/camera?

We all have our opinions on the guy, some good, most bad it seems... but he has a voice and if there is any honesty in it he will HAVE to talk about her...

ideas besides just emails? I'm new to this deal and it seems you guys are pretty damn savvy and successful with stuff like this...

dr. hfn
01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
cant endorse!

pacelli
01-19-2010, 06:51 PM
besides just flooding his email and his sidekicks' emails, what do you think we need to do to get the name "Debra Medina" stuck in Glenn Beck's head like a bad song with that beat you can't shake until he starts spilling it out of his mouth and into his mic/camera?

We all have our opinions on the guy, some good, most bad it seems... but he has a voice and if there is any honesty in it he will HAVE to talk about her...

ideas besides just emails? I'm new to this deal and it seems you guys are pretty damn savvy and successful with stuff like this...

Lie to the call screeners and make a physical phone call while he's on-air.

Emails are easy to ignore. At least with phone calls there is a chance that you will get through.

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I don't know, but I was thinking a Chuck Norris or Ted Nugent endorsement wouldn't hurt either. They are both residents of Texas. Anyone here friends with the Nuge or the Chuckmeister?

Number19
01-19-2010, 08:49 PM
I've already contacted Chuck, through his syndication, about endorsing Debra, with no response. More requests are good. Let's do it.

devil21
01-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Beck is already in the bag for GWB 2.0.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=227237

Wouldnt hurt to bug him about it but don't expect anything. Beck is still a friend of the status quo.

JamesButabi
01-20-2010, 09:48 AM
How about a Ron Paul email?

payme_rick
01-20-2010, 12:55 PM
cant endorse!

huh? are we talking endorsement here? or are we talking having a guy with a huge audience in Texas talking up Medina instead of saying "looks like you guys might have to settle with Perry"?

anyhoo

Sorry, but I don't think he's in the bag for Perry... I just don't think he knows about Debra Medina or he doesn't know the progress she has made and how serious of a canidate she is and how much more serious she can be with a little pimpin'...

Are some of you guys serious? A guy talks with neos/repubs and you throw him away as a possible voice?... you gotta go through bcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwx and y before you get to Z from A... you can't just get to Z on your own... gotta exploit some folks...

so, anymore ideas?

payme_rick
01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
love the chuck/ted suggestion... pretty sure at least the Nuge has a direct line to Beck...

Charles Wilson
01-20-2010, 01:12 PM
cant endorse!

My experience with news people taught me that they have no emphathy for any one or thing except ratings. In other words they are not trust worthy. Glenn Beck may attack Medina. Some times it is best to leave sleeping dogs alone.

payme_rick
01-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Glenn Beck may attack Medina. Some times it is best to leave sleeping dogs alone.

If she were 3 %age points behind after the 29th debate etc...? yah... but if she's as far back then as she is now? "We don't need to attempt to get her name and beliefs out, I'm gunna vote for her and we'll send a message that way blah blah"... yah right... Are you kidding me?

and attack her on what (honest question... from feel, the direction Beck's audience has gone is toward where Medina is, couldn't really see him getting away with it without complete lies)

Charles Wilson
01-20-2010, 05:08 PM
If she were 3 %age points behind after the 29th debate etc...? yah... but if she's as far back then as she is now? "We don't need to attempt to get her name and beliefs out, I'm gunna vote for her and we'll send a message that way blah blah"... yah right... Are you kidding me?

and attack her on what (honest question... from feel, the direction Beck's audience has gone is toward where Medina is, couldn't really see him getting away with it without complete lies)

Have you ever dealt with the news media? I have and I got burned bad. Your sarcasm is duly noted:rolleyes:

Number19
01-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Beck is already on record as saying that revolution is brewing in Texas and will lead the nation come November.

Charles Wilson
01-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Beck is already on record as saying that revolution is brewing in Texas and will lead the nation come November.

Hopefully he is correct but will he support Debra Medina or Rick Perry? It was reported today that Sarah Palin -- another self proclaimed tea party activist and a darling of Fox News -- is going to campaign for Rick Perry. Rick Perry is not what I consider a part of the liberty movement. The neocons have infiltrated the tea party and have positioned themselves as spokemen for the movement. I do not trust Glenn Beck period.

Bern
01-21-2010, 08:52 AM

He's likely promoting Rick Perry's secessionist grandstanding.

payme_rick
01-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Hopefully he is correct but will he support Debra Medina or Rick Perry? It was reported today that Sarah Palin -- another self proclaimed tea party activist and a darling of Fox News -- is going to campaign for Rick Perry. Rick Perry is not what I consider a part of the liberty movement. The neocons have infiltrated the tea party and have positioned themselves as spokemen for the movement. I do not trust Glenn Beck period.

As I've mentioned, I heard 5 months ago that Palin was going to campaign for Perry (meaning get your head out of your own asses long enough to see what is going on... outside of your own asses)...

as for not trusting Glenn Beck, I think you have your reasons and for you those reasons are justified and I can understand...

so we'll just leave it at that and make no attempt to seek a voice with access to many more ears than we can reach... we'll just hope we can throw this rock 700 ft. uphill all by ourselves like most of you seem content on doing... repeatedly...

pitiful...

payme_rick
01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
cant endorse!

oops... I so did say endorse... it's in the damn thread title my bad ha... but really not lookin' for an endorsment... just some pub...

RM918
01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
so we'll just leave it at that and make no attempt to seek a voice with access to many more ears than we can reach... we'll just hope we can throw this rock 700 ft. uphill all by ourselves like most of you seem content on doing... repeatedly...

pitiful...

You guys can hammer on Beck all you like, but it'd be the same as hammering on O'rielly. He's heard our point of view plenty of times. He's not shifting, and he's still clinging to the neocons.

payme_rick
01-21-2010, 10:35 PM
You guys can hammer on Beck all you like, but it'd be the same as hammering on O'rielly. He's heard our point of view plenty of times. He's not shifting, and he's still clinging to the neocons.

difference: Beck's views have been shifting the past 4 years... ole Bill's already set in his position...

but apples do look like oranges...

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-21-2010, 10:43 PM
love the chuck/ted suggestion... pretty sure at least the Nuge has a direct line to Beck...

I bet Ted Nugent would endorse her after seeing this video. Like Debra, Ted also has a no-nonsense mentality when it comes to self-defense and the right to bear arms, to put it lightly. :D

YouTube - Debra Medina speaks about gun rights and self defense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET4H8s6YxIM)

payme_rick
01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Nugent has seemed pretty pro-Perry from what I've seen... but it may be because of what Perry is compared to most governors... think he could be able to help...

Charles Wilson
01-22-2010, 10:20 PM
As I've mentioned, I heard 5 months ago that Palin was going to campaign for Perry (meaning get your head out of your own asses long enough to see what is going on... outside of your own asses)...

as for not trusting Glenn Beck, I think you have your reasons and for you those reasons are justified and I can understand...

pitiful...

What makes you assume Glenn Beck is one of us (us meaning Ron Paul Republicans) and will champion our cause? Glenn Beck hobnobs with the likes of Michael Medved and other neocons. It appears that you are the one with tunnel vision assuming of course you are a Ron Paul Republican. Glenn Beck's living depends on his ratings. Believe me he will turn on a dime and attack anyone if his ratings depend on it. If you think for one moment these MSM news critters are your friends you are very naive.

LibertyEagle
01-22-2010, 11:04 PM

Who said you needed to trust him? The title of the thread was to see if we could get Beck to talk about and endorse Debra Medina. Regardless of what Beck is or isn't, the reality is that it would help Debra if he would endorse her, or give her airtime.

I frankly don't understand the seeming need by so many to have some kind of emotional bond with a news pundit, before they will use them as tools to get our message out.

payme_rick
01-23-2010, 08:29 AM
I frankly don't understand the seeming need by so many to have some kind of emotional bond with a news pundit, before they will use them as tools to get our message out.

I understand why, but it bugs the hell out of me...

Our goal is to get back to liberty etc... but it seems a lot of people here let their pride and egos get in the way of that...

We have to accept the fact that right now as it is, we may not be big enough to go fight the neighborhood bully alone... we might have to get the neighbor-kid, who made you eat dirt last week to come and help you take the bully down...

payme_rick
01-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Anyway, back to the original spirit of this thread...

I'm thinking that one of the best ways to get Beck to talk about her to first is to make a simple request: talk about the Jan. 29th debate... mention a lot of people in Texas are hopping on her bangwagon and have a nice day...

just listening to his show for a long time you get the feel he doesn't like to be bombarded with angry "why aren't you talking about this lady" or "you should really be talking about this lady"... just a simple "hey, Glenn, we heard you think Texas should vote for Perry... a lot of people in Texas are rejecting both Perry and Hutch and going for a more libertarian candidate in Debra Medina... She will be debating the two on January the 29th"...

Today is the 23rd... 29th is Friday... we gotta get him to talk about the debate next week if we go that route...

dr. hfn
01-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Anyway, back to the original spirit of this thread...

I'm thinking that one of the best ways to get Beck to talk about her to first is to make a simple request: talk about the Jan. 29th debate... mention a lot of people in Texas are hopping on her bangwagon and have a nice day...

just listening to his show for a long time you get the feel he doesn't like to be bombarded with angry "why aren't you talking about this lady" or "you should really be talking about this lady"... just a simple "hey, Glenn, we heard you think Texas should vote for Perry... a lot of people in Texas are rejecting both Perry and Hutch and going for a more libertarian candidate in Debra Medina... She will be debating the two on January the 29th"...

Today is the 23rd... 29th is Friday... we gotta get him to talk about the debate next week if we go that route...

a more diplomatic approach...i agree

Charles Wilson
01-23-2010, 09:04 AM
The diplomatic approach is reasonable and very sensible. Drawing the MSM's attention to the debate on the 29th and the ground swell in Medina's popularity could be very effective. Hopefully the news coverage will be balanced.

BTW: All of the major networks should be contacted and invited to cover the debate.

payme_rick
01-23-2010, 09:14 AM
BTW: All of the major networks should be contacted and invited to cover the debate.

for sure

TCE
01-23-2010, 10:15 PM
I bet Ted Nugent would endorse her after seeing this video. Like Debra, Ted also has a no-nonsense mentality when it comes to self-defense and the right to bear arms, to put it lightly. :D

YouTube - Debra Medina speaks about gun rights and self defense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET4H8s6YxIM)

This video owns. I've watched it three times already.

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-24-2010, 12:43 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's my favorite Debra Medina video. I love the smile on her face when she pulls that big gun out of her zippercase. It makes me smile too. :D

payme_rick
01-25-2010, 05:18 PM
So... listened to Beck today and guess who was on? Ron Paul...

they talked about the fed a tad and about the role of our military etc... Beck seemed to be with Paul on the issues for the most part...

BUT, Paul did not mention Medina...

now I know that wasn't the purpose of the guest appearance for Paul, but it seems that some have slammed Beck for not mentioning Medina when talking about the Texas governor race so: Anyone gunna slam Paul?

nelsonwinters
01-25-2010, 05:40 PM

I'm glad she didn't do what this cop did:

YouTube - Cop Shoots himself in the leg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0)

payme_rick
01-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Okay... basically I just sent a short and sweet email to Glenn Beck's email... dunno if he'll get it or not but I also sent it to one of his side guys (Stu) and his webmaster (Christopher, with emails to him and Stu personalized for them to pass it on to Glenn)...

basically it just said I was saddened to hear he mentioned the Governors race here without mentioning Debra Medina, but understood with what has to be ADD, his busy schedule and the topics/projects already consuming his time....

I let him know her popularity is growing here, she recently debated the two others and won (according to most polls) and that with our help she will now be in the Jan. 29th debate after we got on some ass...

invited him to look into her but not endorse or "pimp the hell out of her", just a name-drop and a mention of the upcoming debate would be greatly appreciated...

Here are their emails... I'd email Beck first then wait, you'll get an email back asking you to verify you are human and not spam... I'm pretty sure after you do that you are considered human to the other two email addresses as well:

Glenn Beck: me@glennbeck.com

Stu: stu@glennbeck.com

Christopher Brady: cbrady@glennbeck.com

we might be attempting to thumbtack water to a wall here, but it's well worth the shot...

Ricky201
01-25-2010, 09:08 PM

they talked about the fed a tad and about the role of our military etc... Beck seemed to be with Paul on the issues for the most part...

now I know that wasn't the purpose of the guest appearance for Paul, but it seems that some have slammed Beck for not mentioning Medina when talking about the Texas governor race so: Anyone gunna slam Paul?

Paul didn't endorse Perry, nor does he have time to promote every liberty candidate running for office right now. He has his own congressional race to worry about.

TCE
01-25-2010, 10:00 PM

Did the Governor's race come up? Paul can't just say, "Oh, by the way, Debra Medina is cool." He hasn't endorsed her and can't endorse her because of his incumbent rule. So, he really is in no position to be talking about her randomly anyway.

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-26-2010, 03:27 AM
I guess Debra's name came up on Hannity's show today. Here's two posts I found on Debra's facebook page:

Greatness!!! Debra just got plugged on the Sean Hannity show... But he tried to blow it off saying "You can't find someone more Conservative than Rick Perry..." Sean's out of touch...

I heard Debra Medina mentioned on the Sean Hannity show today. He was in disbelief that we weren't thrilled with the "most conservative" governor in the US.

Looks like Hannity fell for that all that phony secession talk from Perry. I don't know what else would make him think Perry is Mr. Conservative.

payme_rick
01-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Ricky; TCE:

I wouldn't have expected Ron Paul to endorse/pimp Debra Medina without that being the topic of discussion...

that was just for those who ripped Beck for not talking about her when mentioning Perry and Hutch... I'm pretty sure he probably doesn't even know about her... we should try and make him more alert...

TCE
01-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Ricky; TCE:

I wouldn't have expected Ron Paul to endorse/pimp Debra Medina without that being the topic of discussion...

that was just for those who ripped Beck for not talking about her when mentioning Perry and Hutch... I'm pretty sure he probably doesn't even know about her... we should try and make him more alert...

I agree with that. There is no excuse to not mention her while actually talking about the race, it's just that it would have been awkward for Dr. Paul to come out of nowhere and talk about her, especially considering he can't endorse her. How is the email bomb going?

TCE
01-26-2010, 08:39 PM
I guess Debra's name came up on Hannity's show today. Here's two posts I found on Debra's facebook page:

Looks like Hannity fell for that all that phony secession talk from Perry. I don't know what else would make him think Perry is Mr. Conservative.

He knows nothing about Medina I bet, and if he does, he'll think she's one of those "Ron Paul people." So, it's a good thing he doesn't talk about her. He sees it as Perry vs. Hutchison, and he doesn't like Hutchison.

Ricky201
01-26-2010, 10:53 PM
He knows nothing about Medina I bet, and if he does, he'll think she's one of those "Ron Paul people." So, it's a good thing he doesn't talk about her. He sees it as Perry vs. Hutchison, and he doesn't like Hutchison.

No he's very aware of her. I believe he has already written a semi-endorsement letter for her (I don't know if you can actually endorse a candidate in the same state that your congressman in, but I could be wrong). And she actually introduced him at the End the Fed Rally in Texas a few months ago.

payme_rick
01-26-2010, 11:44 PM
No he's very aware of her. I believe he has already written a semi-endorsement letter for her (I don't know if you can actually endorse a candidate in the same state that your congressman in, but I could be wrong). And she actually introduced him at the End the Fed Rally in Texas a few months ago.

believe he was talking about hannity... just puked..

Ricky201
01-27-2010, 02:06 AM
believe he was talking about hannity... just puked..

My bad, I think I was looking at different posts back to back and somehow they merged into my head. The two hours of rest a day sure don't harm my comprehension at all! >_>

The Eradicator
02-02-2010, 09:28 PM
I've already dropped some money for Medina and can't spare much right now, but you can go to Ted Nugent's web site and join for like $12 and he has a message board you could post on. don't know if Ted goes there himself or not, but it is an idea.

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-04-2010, 12:22 AM
OK, scratch Ted Nugent.
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/02/03/nugent-to-perform-at-palinperry-rally/?test=latestnews (http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/02/03/nugent-to-perform-at-palinperry-rally/?test=latestnews)

The Eradicator
02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I think I'm going to spend the money just so I can get on his board and call him a worthless panty waste liberal supporting piece of crap.

payme_rick
02-04-2010, 12:29 PM
hmm... how much is it for a billboard in time square?

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Some people from Debra's facebook page have been emailing Pat Gray, Glenn's sidekick on the show. He wrote a few people back and here is what he said about having Debra on the show:

...we don’t have candidates from local races on the show. Ever. Unless it becomes big nationally…we just can’t. There is no way we can do that on a national show. The exceptions were the big race in NY (National story) and Scott Brown (national story).

Here is where you can read some of the correspondence:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=95669721909&topic=14093 (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=95669721909&topic=14093)

Number19
02-06-2010, 06:43 AM
So when Debra defeats Perry for the GOP nominee running against Democrat White, this becomes a BIG national story.

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-06-2010, 07:04 AM
So when Debra defeats Perry for the GOP nominee running against Democrat White, this becomes a BIG national story.

If she knocks Kay out and ends up in the run-off with Perry, that will be a HUGE national story. Even then Beck still might puss out, unless she is running neck and neck with Perry.