PDA

View Full Version : I need a New Yorker!

Thunderbolt
10-05-2007, 05:12 AM
I was told by the campaign that a person was supposed to be sending out an email yesterday to all New York supporters regarding the early deadline to change your registration by October 12, 2007 if you are not already a Republican or you cannot vote for Ron Paul.

Will someone please confirm for me that they did in fact get the email and I really need to see a copy of it.

It turns out the email sent out to the folks in NH had some major errors in it, and left out the most important piece of information.

I want to make sure that NY does not have the same problem and to make sure that New Yorkers have been contacted.

Thank you.

P.S. If anyone from NH gets a new email tomorrow will you post of copy of that as well?

aknappjr
10-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Got it.

Thunderbolt
10-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Got which? The NY email? Can you post it please?

thehittgirl
10-05-2007, 05:47 AM
URGENT: Party Change Registration Deadline Friday, October 12th
To: moreohiminmylife@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 6:54 PM

October 4, 2007

Ron Paul's presidential campaign for freedom, peace, and prosperity is growing by the day. Our goal is to win, and we know we only have one shot at electing Dr. Paul.

We need to convert all of our excitement and energy into Republican primary votes for Ron Paul.

The best way for you to do that is to vote for Dr. Paul in New York's upcoming Republican Primary scheduled for February 5, 2008.

You need to register as a Republican, if you have not done so already, by Friday, October 12th, or you will not be able to vote for Dr. Paul in the primary.

If you are a registered Democrat, or registered with any other political party, or a registered voter but NOT registered with any political party, you must change your registration and declare yourself a Republican by October 12th in order to vote in the February 5th Republican Presidential Primary. Undeclared/independent registered voters CANNOT vote in the Republican primary, you must change your registration to Republican by October 12th!

You can do this by registering in person at your county board of elections or by mail.

To register in person:

1. Download this registration form and print it out
2. Fill out the registration form
3. Find your County Board of Elections at this website http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/NYCountyBoardElections.jpg
4. Turn in your form on any business day (M-F 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM) by Friday, October 12th

To register by mail:

1. Download and print this registration form
2. Fill out the registration form
3. Find your County Board of Elections at this website
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/NYCountyBoardElections.jpg
4. Put the address of your County Board of Elections in the "Mail To:" box
5. Mail it, and make sure it gets to the County Board of Elections by Friday, October 12th

To check if you are already registered as Republican, please contact 1-800-367-8683 [Change country code ...] or your County Board of Elections by phone.

Please register right now and spread the word about your state's deadline.

Thank you,

Joe Seehusen
Deputy Campaign Manager
Ron Paul 2008

Thunderbolt
10-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks. Now I can go to bed and rest easy. That looks great!

Here was the email from the NH coordinator:

October 4, 2007

Thank you all again for an incredible week! From the Family Walk to the 3rd quarter fundraising results, the last few days have demonstrated what all of you out there are capable of; together, through this primary season, we'll bring Ron Paul's message of liberty to the state that loves it most.

A note to our Democratic supporters: If you are a Democrat and plan to vote for Dr. Paul in the primary, you must visit the supervisor of the checklist in your town on October 12th between 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM, to change your registration to either Republican or Undeclared.

Thanks again!

Kate

See the problems? Plus, she also doesn't bother to mention the most important fact of all, the one that most people will overlook. I got this from the NH website:

"Voters should be aware of their party status before a primary election. If you voted on a party ballot in the 2006 state primary, you are now a registered member of that party unless you filled out a card to return to undeclared status with the supervisors of the checklist."

I have heard that many people in NH don't know their registration was changed out from under them. Why would they? Would you expect the state to come in and arbitrarily change your affiliation all on their own without any input from you?

They got a lot of nerve doing that to people. And what if you voted in an earlier election? Does that affect you too? So many unanswered questions. NH folks have it much harder.

Anyway, hopefully, that email will change by tomorrow, if not, well, then I guess we say goodbye to all those unimportant NH folks.