PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin, Rand Paul, and the Tea Party Saga

parocks
01-19-2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2431909/posts?page=2

If the ideologically incoherent Palin is embraced simply because she is perceived as anti-establishment, so is the more politically sound Rand Paul. Thanks in no small part to the tea partiers, Paul has a good shot of becoming a US Senator in 2010, or as PoliticalLore.com reports:

“As rumors are circulating as to which politician may be able to lead the Tea Party movement into Washington D.C. many are talking but very few are working as hard as Kentucky US Senate candidate Rand Paul… While his Republican primary opponent (Trey Grayson) enjoys the support of the GOP establishment, namely Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, it does not seem to be translating into votes. It will be interesting to see how extensively the RNC and the GOP establishment is willing spend resources on a campaign that is already looking desperate for Grayson. And if Grayson fails, will McConnell ever back Rand Paul?”

Matt Collins
01-19-2010, 11:02 AM
And if Grayson fails, will McConnell ever back Rand Paul?”Absolutely. He won't have a choice, besides, he would rather have a Republican in the seat than a Democrat.

rp08orbust
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Absolutely. He won't have a choice, besides, he would rather have a Republican in the seat than a Democrat.

I think he'd prefer a Democrat who could be wood into the Republican Party, like Ron Paul's former nemesis, Greg Laughlin. And like Trey Grayson, LOL.

Matt Collins
01-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I think he'd prefer a Democrat who could be wood into the Republican Party, like Ron Paul's former nemesis, Greg Laughlin. And like Trey Grayson, LOL.A Democrat won't be able to win this race. And Mitch could not afford to look like he is slacking off. The RNC/NRSC cannot afford to lose the seat by sitting on the sidelines.

Aratus
01-19-2010, 11:52 AM
how are attorney general jack conway's numbers?
i know he ain't no martha coakley, however he has to be
sitting back right now like the rest of the nation watching us all...

eok321
01-19-2010, 12:03 PM
YouTube - SA@TAC - Sarah Palin and the Tea Party Journey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai3Tt69SCsg)

Matt Collins
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah I partied with the Southern Avenger (Jack) this weekend in Atlanta at the CFL conference. He's a good guy. Too bad I forgot to get a photo with him :p

Old Ducker
01-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Absolutely. He won't have a choice, besides, he would rather have a Republican in the seat than a Democrat.

This strikes me as more than a tad naive.

Matt Collins
01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
This strikes me as more than a tad naive.It actually makes perfect sense. :)