PDA

View Full Version : Would it be better for Medina to lose??

sofia
01-18-2010, 10:36 PM
If Medina makes a strong showing...say 20% ..then endorses Kay Bailout for the runoff.......she'd be in a prime spot to run for the US Senate seat that Kay Bailout vacates....

she could even cut a deal with Kay Bailout to endorse each others candidacies....

OR...how about Ron Paul runs for Senate?

rp08orbust
01-18-2010, 10:38 PM
If Medina makes a strong showing...say 20% ..then endorses Kay Bailout for the runoff.......she'd be in a prime spot to run for the US Senate seat that Kay Bailout vacates....

she could even cut a deal with Kay Bailout to endorse each others candidacies....

Or how about she just stays in the race and wins the governorship?

Edit: And how about Ron Paul runs for president and governor Medina endorses him ;)

dannno
01-18-2010, 10:39 PM
You just blew my mind.

dannno
01-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Imagine Rand, Peter and Debra in the Senate....

libertybrewcity
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
all in for the gubernatorial election. Why would we want her to lose?

dannno
01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Ya I haven't done nearly enough research to know the logistics of the senate race.. if Debra would potentially become a literal "shoe-in" for senate, then Debra would have to really step it up and become a threat in the race for governor if she wants to be able to make this deal.. so for now the current strategy must remain... but we'll see what happens.

dannno
01-18-2010, 10:45 PM
But seriously if Debra can win Governor she should do it.. then she can help Texas lead in nullification and other important state issues.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-18-2010, 10:49 PM
we need medina as gov hands down.

Kotin
01-18-2010, 11:21 PM
no way. she needs to be sitting in the governor's mansion.

Texas will be the vanguard of liberty.. under her leadership.

low preference guy
01-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Long live the Republic of Texas!

thasre
01-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Governor in 2010... VP candidate in 2012!!!!

Johnson/Medina 2012!

LibertyEagle
01-18-2010, 11:48 PM

In a word... NO.

In 2 words... HELL NO.

dannno
01-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Why hasn't anybody from Texas told us what their feelings are on this :rolleyes: :D

Mini-Me
01-19-2010, 12:11 AM
No...during these times, I think an unabashedly pro-liberty governor is even more valuable than a high-ranking Senator, let alone a freshman Senator.

Texan4Life
01-19-2010, 12:21 AM
You just blew my mind.

lol

did you sustain a head injury lately??

medina shot up in the polls cuz people dont like the bailout hag.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-19-2010, 01:05 AM
plus if she's Governor and Texas secedes, then she auto becomes prez! :D

Akus
01-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Thread starter are you on crack?

We're trying to get somebody, anybody, into the position of power and you're telling us that it's better for Medina to lose and endorse some Kay Bailey whoever.

Akus
01-19-2010, 01:45 AM
long live the republic of texas!

Да здравствует Техасская республика.

RedLightning
01-19-2010, 02:37 AM
No.

Eric21ND
01-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Can I negative star this thread? LOL!

lynnf
01-19-2010, 04:32 AM

well, no. not exactly. there would have to be another election because it's a different office. let's go by the constitution(s), now!

lynn

kathy88
01-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Man you Texans are selfish ;)

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-19-2010, 07:29 AM
No, it's not better for her to lose. But that's decent food for thought if she doesn't win. I think that is what she would probably do. I don't know about the "deal with KBH" part though. KBH is Establishment all the way, and the state party Establishment HATES Debra.

james1906
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM

I'd rather they all break into the vault at the Bellagio.

constituent
01-19-2010, 08:01 AM
In a word... NO.

In 2 words... HELL NO.

Well, it's not a bad plan-b. ;) :D

MelissaWV
01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Why hasn't anybody from Texas told us what their feelings are on this :rolleyes: :D

Because most of them were trying to refrain from feeding the hungry troll?

Jordan
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
1) Her veto pen as governor is worth way more than a single vote in the Senate.

2) Governors have historically won presidential elections (experience in management/executive duties). We need to keep that option open.

itshappening
01-19-2010, 10:09 AM
it's up to the people of texas

however, for Medina this is a win-win because she is in the debates and improves her name recognition across the state. she will be a big player if she wants to run for congress in the future

As for the senate, both are quite old aren't they and should be retiring soon whatever happens

TXcarlosTX
01-19-2010, 12:54 PM
im here in texas and she really has a chance to win. she is breakn down the mindset of the wasted vote. this next debate is key. if she does well. then her feb 2nd money bomb has to be huge for a final month push of mailers and media. the grassroots will do the rest.

dannno
01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
^ I hope you're right

Nathan Hale
01-19-2010, 09:06 PM

While your idea is a good "Plan B" in the event that a Medina win seems less and less likely, the "better" option is always to try for the win so long as its feasible. Right now Medina is gaining traction and rising in the polls, so the best move is to play hard for the win. If, at a later date, it a win seems unlikely, it might be smart for her to consider the Senate race (which will happen in 2012 as Hutchinson is likely to lose this race and she plans to keep her seat until it expires).

Andrew-Austin
01-19-2010, 10:32 PM

I think if it becomes clear later on that she is not going to win, she should do this.

It would be a little bit too obvious though, that they had made this back-door deal. Kay Bailout might very well go along with it (can't imagine why she wouldn't), or she might double cross Medina after she steps out of the race.

MatM
01-19-2010, 10:38 PM

If that happens, I moving to Texas.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
well, no. not exactly. there would have to be another election because it's a different office. let's go by the constitution(s), now!

lynn

I haven't read Texas 300+ pages of Constitution. I guess I should suck it up and just do it. :)